• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
goodnewseveryone.png

The Detroit Lions are on national TV for the last time this year. The NFL gave us 6 nationally televised games thinking we would be a playoff contending team, like last year, but that hasn't worked out for a variety of reasons.

One way or another this will be a fun game as it marks the Lions first return to New Orleans since our 2011 playoff loss to them, which was a pretty close game till the end.

It'll probably end in heartbreaking loss via a ref call or a botched Lions play but fuck it we're all used to it at this point just hop on board and enjoy the ride.

Things to watch for:

1.) Continued progression of the young offensive line, especially the interior with Travis Swanson (3rd round pick - Arkansas), Laken Tomlinson and Larry Warford, all three under 25 years. This is a young offensive line and it's probably going to get younger when we draft another offensive lineman in the first round in 2016.

2.) Ezekial Ansah and his quest to break the Detroit Lions sack record set by Robert Porcher in 1997, at 15 sacks.

3.) Darius Slay...just watch him. A really fun DB to watch and it'll be interesting to see who on the Saints, Coach Austin matches him up with today. While we're talking about secondary Quandre Diggs has stepped up in his rookie season as a solid nickeback so I'd like to see his progression.

4.) As always I'll be watching Matthew Stafford and how the overall offense moves. I'd like to come out of the gates swinging but that's usually not the case with this team.

I don't know how many nationally televised games we'll get next year outside of Thanksgiving, but this is a young and fun team to watch with a lot of pieces set for the future and with a lot of draft picks in next years draft.

Also want to hear Lions fans Mike Tirico mention Sean Payton coming home at least twice tonight.

cdyhybrid

Hawks have moved up to 19th in the league in red-zone conversion after being dead last in the beginning of the season. That place would be the highest they would rank in that stat the last four seasons.

Eh I believe this team can outsuck any other team in the NFL right now,
Dolphins beat writer right? You guys can finally get your guy :") I think he broke that Farmer was staying with Browns and not taking phins Job originally. #WeMadeIt
Omar Kelly ‏ @ OmarKelly 2h 2 hours ago
By the way, I hear that changes in Cleveland are brewing, and expected at the end of the season. Ray Farmer is about to get the shank.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Madden on sale on the Xbox marketplace!

Physical or bust for me. I'll be getting Madden though Boban, traded in the basura that was NBA 2K16 a few weeks ago while I could still get credit.

Is tonight the night the Young Lion Matt Stafford becomes a man right before our eyes?

That happened as a rookie in 2009 when the young Matthew Stafford lead his team to a comeback victory against the Cleveland Browns after dislocating his shoulder.

RBH

ESPN 30 for 30: Four Falls of Buffalo is coming to Netflix on January 2nd.

Now Bills-GAF can watch it over and over again. :')

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Mike Ditka, my man.

Of course, I want a better year next and thus draft pick and so am torn.

Screw that, let's get this W. The top teams in the draft will make a run for that next franchise QB and we'll have a solid Left Tackle from #8-10.

Top Bottom