• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Godslay

Banned
I honestly thought he had a better than even chance at starting when they signed him. Beating out EJ would be simple enough, but you never know with Cassel in the picture, he stinks but coachs love the vets. As the months progressed he just kept gaining momentum, hope he balls out the next couple of weeks. Haters everywhere (even now), guy is good enough to start for a bunch of teams, especially in this retread shit show of a league.

Edit: He still has to improve in a bunch of areas, but I'm rooting for the guy hard, especially since some of the fanbase blame him for everything.

I know Elway wanted him in Denver. Suppose from the time he spent with Kubes in Baltimore, but I know they went pretty hard for him.

Bills were probably a better situation for him, as the starter position was locked up at the time in Denver. Still it would have been interesting to see Osweiler and Tyrod push each other. Tyrod probably would have had a leg up on him to be honest.

Falcons waive Hankerson from IR
Willie Mo put on IR.
A bunch of practice squad waivers and promotions.

pack it up
SIRm77K.png

eznark

Banned
I honestly thought he had a better than even chance at starting when they signed him. Beating out EJ would be simple enough, but you never know with Cassel in the picture, he stinks but coachs love the vets. As the months progressed he just kept gaining momentum, hope he balls out the next couple of weeks. Haters everywhere (even now), guy is good enough to start for a bunch of teams, especially in this retread shit show of a league.

Edit: He still has to improve in a bunch of areas, but I'm rooting for the guy hard, especially since some of the fanbase blame him for everything.

What do you credit it to? I don't know if you watched him a bunch in Baltimore (not that I did) but he was one of those guys who seemed to never trust hist pocket, always panic and couldn't throw an intermediate route or a timing route. I would still knock him on some of that but he has clearly made progress. Certainly isn't Rex Ryan and I've never considered Roman a great coach of the position either.

LJ11

I know Elway wanted him in Denver. Suppose from the time he spent with Kubes in Baltimore, but I know they went pretty hard for him.

Bills were probably a better situation for him, as the starter position was locked up at the time in Denver. Still it would have been interesting to see Osweiler and Tyrod push each other. Tyrod probably would have had a leg up on him to be honest.

Tyrod in that O, great fit, fucking perfect for what Kubiak wants to do. Run that zone heavy run scheme, boot off of it and give Tyrod those 1 on 1 deep throws he's so good at.

John Clark CSN ‏@JClarkCSN 1h1 hour ago
Guess Chip knows what he's doing. Cary Williams, Bradley Fletcher, Todd Herremans CUT. Nick Foles benched. #Eagles

Chip da genius.

LJ11

What do you credit it to? I don't know if you watched him a bunch in Baltimore (not that I did) but he was one of those guys who seemed to never trust hist pocket, always panic and couldn't throw an intermediate route or a timing route. I would still knock him on some of that but he has clearly made progress. Certainly isn't Rex Ryan and I've never considered Roman a great coach of the position either.

I'm not sure ez, I didn't watch preseason Ravens football. I think Roman does a good job giving him throws he likes, deep ball, anything to the sideline, deep crosses. He's really good at hitting the deep ball, with velocity too. Still, he locks in a bit too much, he's scanning the field better in recent weeks, and he needs to use the middle of the field more.

Tyrod definitely gets jittery at times, leaves the pocket a bit too soon, he's doing less of that now than earlier in the year. His height is an issue, OL has to give him throwing lanes to see clearly over the middle, and when the OL is caving in a shorter QB may have a tendency to want to bail out instead of hanging in there because he can't see.

His running ability also helps him as a QB, can't drop too deep in zone, and cant' man up across the board. Tyrod is running less now than he did earlier in the year, leg injury slowing him down, he's had opportunities to run but threw instead. Had an easy first down run against the Eagles but threw to McCoy in double coverage instead, if he took the 1st with his legs Bills had a good chance at getting 3 if not more.

Haven't rewatched many games, but I think I will this year, he's a fun player to watch but still has work to do.

Spinluck

I want to see Luck in an Air Coryell variant again. I think under Arians he would've grown under it because honestly I think it's a better fit for the type of QB he is. I don't think the tweaked Stanford WC offense was a bad fit, we just didn't have a good play caller and couldn't run the ball well. I also think WRs like TY fit that system better than Luck. Not like a switch would've helped this year anyway.

NFL offenses must be more homogenous than we're led to believe if Chud can basically call plays from his playbook, and have them translated into our WC language. Or at least, that's what I think is happening with the offense right now.

Line_HTX

The line is in pretty bad shape, so maybe.

Costanzo comes back soon but he's been garbage this year.

I think Matt has a better chance of starting than Andrew, though I think they're saying he might be backup for now depending on how practice goes?

It wouldn't be revenge if Matt doesn't start.

;P

jmdajr

But as far as who gets to pick that franchise quarterback, McNair doesn’t plan to shake up his front office or coaching staff.

“I’m making no plans to make any changes,” McNair said. “My plan is to win this game Sunday. That’s what I’m concerned about.

“Frankly, I’m not concerned with what the record is. I’m concerned about winning the division. That’s what counts – whatever it takes to get there.”

"I think Bill and Rick get along and the way we’re organized is good. We’ve actually done fairly well. I know there’s been criticism of the draft but look back at it. On offense, nine of our 11 players are guys we drafted and on defense it’s eight.”

“We need to give Bill O’Brien credit for keeping things together in that period of time,” McNair said. “Does he make mistakes? Sure he makes mistakes. But who doesn’t? Most of his mistakes haven’t been that great and he’s been able to overcome them.”

“It’s almost like we’re a Jekyll and Hyde. We play so well, as we did for four games there. Minimize penalties, minimize mental errors and really play good, solid football and beat (an undefeated team).

“And then we turn around sometimes and start making some of the mental errors and not executing as well. We lead the league in dropped passes. That’s not a statistic that you want to lead in.”
-McNair

LJ11

If I'm going to give any NFL writer credit on Tyrod it's Cian Fahey, he's been on that train for a few years now. Written a few things about him over the years, and he's the only guy who comes to mind when I think about Tyrod backers (TDR excluded of course).

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
If I'm going to give any NFL writer credit on Tyrod it's Cian Fahey, he's been on that train for a few years now. Written a few things about him over the years, and he's the only guy who comes to mind when I think about Tyrod backers (TDR excluded of course).

The fuck LJ. I thought we were bros.

eznark

Banned

He's one of the best going right now, outside of his bizarre love affair with Geno Smith.

Spinluck

Colts have gone 47 games without a 100yd rusher. We could've easily broken this streak this year against NE if we stuck with our gameplan. Pretty deceiving stat since we've had games with over 100yds rushing, just not by one guy. I still think it's somewhat absurd, like how does that happen? Requires a special level of incompetence.

I think Matt has a better chance of starting than Andrew, though I think they're saying he might be backup for now depending on how practice goes?

It wouldn't be revenge if Matt doesn't start.

;P

I guarantee that we lose if Matt starts, the honey moon is over. He's been pretty bad these past couple of weeks and I think there's a decent amount of tape with him under Chud now. Missing throws, folding under pressure, not trusting reads, and just not seeing open guys. Like Deacon said last week, Matt looks 40.

Saw on Twitter that Costnazo also practiced today.

Magic unicorn dust.

Costanzo has been awful this year. But I wouldn't mind having him back out there.

jakncoke

Banned
tyrod will be fitzmagic 2.0. Bills will give him a similar contract because they have so much hope(and sadness and desperation) and the Bills playoff drought will continue till they give up and move on

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, Buffalo better pay the man. We haven't had an actual promising QB in more than a decade. A decade. I wanted to see Tyrod start simply because he wasn't EJ. Glad to see he was as good as I had hoped. TDR definitely provided some links preseason. Good stuff.

squicken

Colts have gone 47 games without a 100yd rusher. We could've easily broken this streak this year against NE if we stuck with our gameplan..

Next year they better not sign Bradshaw until Week 17. If he is only going to play 4 games a year, at least make them playoff games

I'm with you on Luck. Just sit him down for the year. Let Chuck go to Idaho and be a grandpa, and Grigson to Des Moines to be a bouncer

Zeke

All we need is an RB! And a 2nd WR! And a CB! And a DT! We're only one step away!
Eh I don't think we're hard pressed for another DT. We still have Terrell McClain coming back off injury. I'd say WR and CB are bigger needs. Carr needs to be gone I think MO is gonna get a prove it contract. Scandrick will be back maybe add another CB via draft and slide Jones to safety. I'd totally get serious about picking Miller up from Miami. DMC, Miller and Dunbar as our backs sounds damn good. Hasslebald is a FA too cut cassel for him if he doesn't get offered another contract. Alshon Jeffery, Boldin or even Percy Harvin. I doubt we make a play for Jeffery tho I don't think he'll want to be overshadowed by Dez.

Evan Mathis.

Less of a big deal than overpaying DeMarco Murray. Mathis and Murray are really the only moves he made that I don't like much. The second round pick for Bradford still sticks in my craw too.

I will say that I think the Maxwell deal is turning out to be a net neutral, after it looked like a disaster at the beginning of the season.

Spinluck

Next year they better not sign Bradshaw until Week 17. If he is only going to play 4 games a year, at least make them playoff games

I'm with you on Luck. Just sit him down for the year. Let Chuck go to Idaho and be a grandpa, and Grigson to Des Moines to be a bouncer

Seems that Luck is back at practice, but I'm still betting on Clipboard Jesus starting this week. I would be shocked if he actually got cleared to play.

Maybe he will pay off doctors to clear him like Big Ben clearly does!

Pepiope

Less of a big deal than overpaying DeMarco Murray. Mathis and Murray are really the only moves he made that I don't like much. The second round pick for Bradford still sticks in my craw too.

I will say that I think the Maxwell deal is turning out to be a net neutral, after it looked like a disaster at the beginning of the season.
Yeah I really thought he had a plan for Murray. Running him east and west makes absolutely no sense. For that we should have stuck with McCoy.

Use I-formation, hand Murray the Rock and he'll get you 3-4 yards a carry.

Run him out of the shotgun and you'll get the disaster we have now.

That seems to be much moreso an argument that your Defense was better than our Defense during that game.

Haha, CAR getting the same treatment that SEA has been getting these past few years!!

"Is Wilson really that good or is the SEA defense making him better than he is?"
"Is Cam really that good or is the CAR defense making him better than he is?"

Doesn't Cam Newton have the noodliest arm in the NFL of any QB not named Alex Smith? Or at least he never throws down field.

tmdorsey

Only the greats can make a difference when they are not on the field.

I haven't seen ability like that since Vick used to play.

I fucking wish my qb could play defense like Cam. :(

God I use to get so tired of that damn joke!

Anyway, just ordered The Last Dragon blu ray off Amazon. You suckas need to get on my level! :p

squicken

Murray would have been fine if the Eagles could still run inside zone. Chip had to abandon that after the first two weeks when it was clear his guards were terrible. Once he starting running more outside stuff, Murray had less value. Hopefully next year, Murray will be more productive with an inside running game

Top Bottom