• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Hindl

Kiko was the dime backer vs BUF. So they at least think he's better than Kendricks. He got called out on the broadcast for messing up on that TD run, but otherwise, I don't think he really had any other noticeably bad plays

He definitely looked improved in the BUF game vs the previous games, but that's because he was practically invisible in those games. He made some good tackles and that's why I'm willing to give him time. Someone with that talent and instinct doesn't suddenly lose it. But that injury rattled him, so I think it's gonna take some time for him to get back into form. I just hope to see him continue to improve over these last few games. And yeah Kiko had the injury, Kendricks has just been another player that's really dropped off this year

He looked slow in pursuit a few times as well, allowing runners to beat him to the edge. He also has a tendency to overpursue, allowing those big cutback lanes, which burned the Eagles on that TD run. This is probably due to him trying to overcompensate for his lack of speed. Hopefully it is all injury-related and he comes back next season fully healthy and looks much better.

Agreed he definitely over pursued too much. Just gotta hope he improves as he gets back to it. Having Hicks as a 3 down back with Kiko and Kendricks swapping in for pass plays and Meco (if we bring him back) against the run would be great

Greg

after all those big hits brady gets up and says "good hit" and moves on to the next play

a true hero
"good hit... good hit...

good hit"

5hcBrgN.gif

squicken

He looked slow in pursuit a few times as well, allowing runners to beat him to the edge. He also has a tendency to overpursue, allowing those big cutback lanes, which burned the Eagles on that TD run. This is probably due to him trying to overcompensate for his lack of speed. Hopefully it is all injury-related and he comes back next season fully healthy and looks much better.

Definitely not arguing he is a plus player. It just makes you wonder what happened to Kendricks. Seems like Rowe had been okay in filling in for Thurmond, but they can't replace Hicks with 3 veterans ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The team is playing better and are starting to click. I think we'll be able to keep it competitive at least. If we can keep it within a one touchdown game I'll be satisfied

They were playing at this level against the Jets before they got blown out by the Bucs and Lions in consecutive weeks.

Hindl

They were playing at this level against the Jets before they got blown out by the Bucs and Lions in consecutive weeks.

I agree, but not even the Jets. We got a tough win against the Cowboys in OT, and it looked like that was the turning point of the season. Next 3 games - Dolphins, Bucs, Lions. This team has been the definition of inconsistent. And every time we've won, it's generally been on the back of one phase of our team. Given how this season is going, I do half-suspect an epic collapse again. But all three phases are getting better, and they have looked more balanced in the last two weeks than any previous time in the season. The Cardinals are dominant and I'm not expecting it to go well. But who knows I'll hold on to some hope that we continue to improve and can play them close

squicken

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-wilson-seattle-seahawks-top-tier-quarterback

BEREA -- Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine does not include Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks among the top three or four quarterbacks in the league.

He does, though, put him in the next group.

"Would you put him put there with the guys that can transcend their supporting cast? The Bradys, whether it's Aaron Rodgers, [Drew] Brees, [Ben] Roethlisberger, the ones that you would consider the two, three, four elite guys? No. But he's certainly played himself into that next tier," Pettine said Wednesday.

What kind of moron says this the week leading up to the game?

squicken

I didn't know Kubes was going after Tyrod so hard in the offseason. But then I guess they weren't really trying to trade Bork...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/16/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-nfl-rex-ryan-doug-whaley-jim-kelly

Ryan was fired by the Jets two months before Taylor became a free agent, setting a course for their paths to intersect in Buffalo. Taylor had other options. His agent talked to the Eagles, Taylor says, though he never did. And the Broncos were courting him hard, particularly head coach Gary Kubiak, his offensive coordinator in Baltimore last year. Denver was offering more money, and while Taylor was at dinner with Bills brass at a Sicilian steakhouse during his free-agent visit to Buffalo, Kubiak called his former pupil multiple times.

“Maybe it was safer to go somewhere else,” Taylor says. “I was done being a backup. I was ready to bet on me.”

The Broncos couldn’t offer what the Bills could: An open competition to be the starting quarterback. Kubiak, John Elway’s long-time understudy, understood. In their conversation, they talked about the window of opportunity. Taylor bet on himself, and by the end of training camp, he had shown enough for the Bills to bet on him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I mean technically he's not wrong, Russ isn't in the Rodgers/Bardy/Roethlisberger tier

However I will take it as disrespect regardless, it further fuels my feud with Kave!!

Mike Pettine got the memo we all about disrespect this week bitch!

#Russgotajhericurl

eznark

Banned
I'm actually blown away that Ball even signed onto a practice squad. He is the quintessential "I hate football" dude. The type of shit he did in Madison that Barry shielded from the media...lol.

Then two weeks ago the Packers brought him in and he was stumbling around Madison all week from bar to bar. Guy got his payday and now just wants to be a local celebrity. He was never going to be a good pro.

Gordon on the other hand I think still has a shot. He at least cares.

squicken

“Maybe it was safer to go somewhere else,” Taylor says. “I was done being a backup. I was ready to bet on me.”

:')

To me it is so clear that Kubiak wanted nothing to do with Peyton at any point, and wasn't too high on Brock either. They were kind of screwed with Peyton, though. Kubiak had turned down Peyton when he wanted to come to Houston in 2012. He wants a QB that can move. Too bad Tyrod isn't a FA until 2017

ACE 1991

The are first team with good speed the Eagles have really played on offense. Their WRs are going to burn every DB the Eagles have, and the offenses' usually 20 points won't come close to being enough. Just drink and boo with the rest of the Linc!

The team is playing better and are starting to click. I think we'll be able to keep it competitive at least. If we can keep it within a one touchdown game I'll be satisfied

Yes to both. Hopefully the weather stays warm.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm actually blown away that Ball even signed onto a practice squad. He is the quintessential "I hate football" dude. The type of shit he did in Madison that Barry shielded from the media...lol.

Then two weeks ago the Packers brought him in and he was stumbling around Madison all week from bar to bar. Guy got his payday and now just wants to be a local celebrity. He was never going to be a good pro.

Gordon on the other hand I think still has a shot. He at least cares.

Good dude to hang out with !

Crisco

Banned
Cam has thrown TD's 4% more often than Palmer but has thrown interception 25% more often than Palmer while Palmer has completed 7% more often. Probably want to stop using QB rate stats as an argument for Newton over Palmer, because that argument doesn't exist.

And that's great if you're cherry picking stats to give out a fictional award for the QB with the best passer rating, but we're talking about MVP. 3 more passing TDs and 1 less INT is all Palmer has to show for over Cam as a passer, a gap that wouldn't exist if Ted Ginn Jr. could catch. Combined with Cam's rushing statistics, and there's no football related reason to give the MVP to anyone else.

If I'm going to give any NFL writer credit on Tyrod it's Cian Fahey, he's been on that train for a few years now. Written a few things about him over the years, and he's the only guy who comes to mind when I think about Tyrod backers (TDR excluded of course).

TDR is the only guy? I was pushing for us to go to Tyrod after we won the Superbowl and let Flacco walk. Now I know people must have me on ignore.

eznark

Banned
And that's great if you're cherry picking stats to give out a fictional award for the QB with the best passer rating, but we're talking about MVP. 3 more passing TDs and 1 less INT is all Palmer has to show for over Cam as a passer, a gap that wouldn't exist if Ted Ginn Jr. could catch. Combined with Cam's rushing statistics, and there's no football related reason to give the MVP to anyone else.

Er, those are the stats you cherry picked.

squicken

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=362559241
The Eagles' lack of interest in Arians wasn't exactly a shock. While Arians is one of the league's most respected offensive coaches, his age - he was 60 at the time - and his unvarnished, tell-it-like-it-is personality were turnoffs to owner Jeff Lurie and then-general manager Howie Roseman.

Bruce was "Caddyshack" character Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield) to Lurie's Judge Elihu Smails (Ted Knight).

"Somebody once asked him what you needed to have to be him for Halloween and he said, 'An attitude and a cocktail,' Cardinals backup quarterback Drew Stanton said. "There aren't many coaches who are going to say that in the NFL, but that's who he is."

How can you not love Bruce Arians?

@Rand_Getlin
I’m told #Chiefs LB Justin Houston was set to visit Dr. Andrews regarding his knee. Some fear he’ll miss the rest of the regular season.

To me it is so clear that Kubiak wanted nothing to do with Peyton at any point, and wasn't too high on Brock either. They were kind of screwed with Peyton, though. Kubiak had turned down Peyton when he wanted to come to Houston in 2012. He wants a QB that can move. Too bad Tyrod isn't a FA until 2017
Yeah I think you've got the right read on it. Seems like he wanted to bring in a guy he believed in instead of living or dying with Peyton and Brock.

The primary concern with Tyrod as I've said many times before is his durability. He's mobile and not the biggest guy, it honestly wouldn't surprise me to see him miss a few games or more almost every season. I hope that's not the case but that's one of those issues that's hard to "fix."

TDR is the only guy? I was pushing for us to go to Tyrod after we won the Superbowl and let Flacco walk. Now I know people must have me on ignore.
I always assumed you were saying that stuff in kind of a "I hate Joe Flacco" sort of way, haha. Less to do with Tyrod, more to do with hating Flaccadavius.

jakncoke

Banned
I think all Panthers fans here should get tags either a) small penis complex b) delusional c) Inferiority complex. This is what happens when loser franchises do good things.

I think all Panthers fans here should get tags either a) small penis complex b) delusional c) Inferiority complex. This is what happens when loser franchises do good things.
Whatever, they should be gloating and bragging even more than they are. Their team is 13-0 with a legit chance at going undefeated. Obviously that's not the main goal but it's a pretty crazy accomplishment that will probably be a once in a lifetime thing. Good for them.

Trey

it's a weird feeling hearing good things from other fanbases about your QB.

no wonder Packers fans get so smug sometimes.

Top Bottom