• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

jakncoke

Banned
Whatever, they should be gloating and bragging even more than they are. Their team is 13-0 with a legit chance at going undefeated. Obviously that's not the main goal but it's a pretty crazy accomplishment that will probably be a once in a lifetime thing. Good for them.

You dont even know what winning is.

Godslay

Banned
To me it is so clear that Kubiak wanted nothing to do with Peyton at any point, and wasn't too high on Brock either. They were kind of screwed with Peyton, though. Kubiak had turned down Peyton when he wanted to come to Houston in 2012. He wants a QB that can move. Too bad Tyrod isn't a FA until 2017

That's a bit of a projection I think.

Elway and Kubes know that Manning is a misfit in this offense at this point in his career. Elway knows that at 39, it's easy to get hurt or knocked out of games.

So you have a misfit in the system, who's old, and who is very highly paid given the requirements of the offense.

Taylor fixes all of those problems. He's familiar with the system, cheaper by miles than PM, and most of all young. He's also competition against Osweiler .Tyrod and Osweiler are both good fits in the offense, they both would have been good insurance against Manning not completing the season, and competition against each other. Win, win, no matter who starts out of the two, since they are both pretty close to what Kubes ultimately wants.

I don't really think it's a matter of them not being high on Osweiler. I think it's more of hedging their bets against Manning being able to adapt or complete a season. They had to go with Manning had he decided to come back, there was too much money on the line, and very little leverage to walk the salary down.

squicken

e: slay I just don't think Kubes wanted Brock either. We will have to disagree on that, but I believe those trade reports. It's too bad. Denver's defense and skill players are so good this year, and the QB will hold it all back

The team that really fucked up is the Bears. Arians with Cutler, BMarsh, Alshon and Forte? *swoon*

Definitely. I didn't mind the Trestman hire but obviously he was a disaster in leading that team. Cleveland not being interested is no surprise. Banner would have been way too insecure and intimated by Arians. That guy gets in Twitter fights with random dudes; no way would he have handled Arians' style

Crisco

Banned
Er, those are the stats you cherry picked.

Because there's a false narrative that Cam's passing stats aren't MVP worthy even though there's plenty of evidence to the contrary. He's doing nearly as much with his arm as the other guys while doing a lot more with his legs, that's just the facts.

eznark

Banned
Because there's a false narrative that Cam's passing stats aren't MVP worthy even though there's plenty of evidence to the contrary. He's doing nearly as much with his arm as the other guys while doing a lot more with his legs, that's just the facts.

How is it false? I just showed you that Palmer has better passing stats using the stats you gave me.

BigAT

I hate him so much. I cant stand people like him, he is obviously a good coach but I am so happy that the Eagles didnt get him.

ca22ee79315ba50866e0e927957b9061.jpg

What do you have against him...?

Chip Kelly honestly seems like a worse person, and so far has proven to be a worse coach.

He just comes off as such a jerk. I just dont like people like that. all the shit when the Eagles beat the Cards his first year was just so distasteful to me. He just really rubs me the wrong way.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Bruce Arians runs 3 separate orphanages in the Phoenix area, has a yearly scholarship that provides nearly 200 underprivileged minority students with college educations each year and has personally donated one of his kidneys to a wounded war vet.

And yankeehater just shits on him like that? What do you have against kids, minorities and veterans, yankee?

Bruce Arians runs 3 separate orphanages in the Phoenix area, has a yearly scholarship that provides nearly 200 underprivileged minority students with college educations each year and has personally donated one of his kidneys to a wounded war vet.

And yankeehater just shits on him like that? What do you have against kids, minorities and veterans, yankee?

lol, what does any of that have to do with anything that I said? He might be a super awesome person off camera but he really goes out of his way to come off as a jerk on camera.

and what in the blue fuck does chip come off as?

I have no idea what you are getting at here?

Godslay

Banned
e: slay I just don't think Kubes wanted Brock either. We will have to disagree on that, but I believe those trade reports. It's too bad. Denver's defense and skill players are so good this year, and the QB will hold it all back

There's not much to agree to disagree on.

Trade reports for Brock?

Houston is the only one that seemed to reach out to the Broncos, and they offered like a 5th in passing from what I understand. Which was turned down.

The Michael Silver stuff you posted on Twitter was slapped down by multiple sources as not factual.

Additionally, I don't think you've watched the games Brock has played tbh, because the issue with the offense since Brock has taken over has been the skill players and OL in the 2nd half of the Raiders game. The drops have been out of control, and in that second half of the Raiders game there was little time to do much aside from dump the ball off.

Sure he has 1st year QB tendencies, but that's to be expected. If any QB on this roster is going to hold us back, it's a turn over prone, potentially not fully healthy Manning. Not a guy who is being told to game manage. I get that he's no Bradford, but I think he's doing a decent enough job given the circumstances and I'm fine with being patient with him.

The hell? Arians comes off as a jerk? Seems like one of the most level headed, normal coaches in the NFL. Plus he was the first head coach to have a woman in an on-field coaching position... Even if it was just an internship.

jakncoke

Banned
lol, what does any of that have to do with anything that I said? He might be a super awesome person off camera but he really goes out of his way to come off as a jerk on camera.

I have no idea what you are getting at here?

im saying you got a mouth full of chip goo and gone full gotor.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

lol I dunno, I made all that shit up. The guy probably makes baby's blood-y marys every morning.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
This is the first time I've seen someone complain about Arians as a person.

Spinluck

He just comes off as such a jerk. I just dont like people like that. all the shit when the Eagles beat the Cards his first year was just so distasteful to me. He just really rubs me the wrong way.

This is new to me.

Players love Arians, even if he is a hard ass at times. I mean he's a football coach after all. Has a pretty damn good résumé and reputation in the league too.

You should watch that segment that was done on him, I think it'll change your perspective.

lol I dunno, I made all that shit up. The guy probably makes baby's blood-y marys every morning.

That is funny, I totally believed you. Lots of people are great behind the scenes but have a gruff exterior in front of the cameras. Anyways I will say again that Arians has been a great coach with the Cards, but I would rather the Eagles keep going for guys that are going to do things differently.

This is new to me.

Players love Arians, even if he is a hard ass at times. I mean he's a football coach after all. Has a pretty damn good resume and reputation in the league too.

You should watch that segment that was done on him, I think it'll change your perspective.

Maybe it would. I am mostly basing it off of how he acted after the Eagles beat him that year.

Greg

That is funny, I totally believed you. Lots of people are great behind the scenes but have a gruff exterior in front of the cameras. Anyways I will say again that Arians has been a great coach with the Cards, but I would rather the Eagles keep going for guys that are going to do things differently.
lose?

That logic is astounding, seriously.

I had a teacher in HS who called pete caroll the devil (this was when he was at USC) never explained her reasoning. I wonder how she feels about him now that he brought us a title. Actually she probably doesn't even know cause... like 5 years after i graduated I read she went to jail for....... sex with a student. Yep....

Top Bottom