• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Here's a headline from today's Charlotte Observer.

Panthers QB Cam Newton on dancing: ‘We’re celebrating because there’s greatness in the air’

Presented without further comment from me. Yall do what yall do

Hindl

Yep. He bitches when he loses and hates Kelly for some reason to a near disrespectful level.

Fuck that guy.

He's passionate about the game and hates losing, and he expects the best of his players. And I'm sure tons of coaches (and definitely players) around the NFL hate Chip and the way he does things. Arians is the only one that's vocal about it though, because he speaks his mind. I get why he hates Chip. Still gotta give the guy respect dude is a fantastic coach

Godslay

Banned
Just wanna see enough of him so I can finally have enough for you to agree that we should have taken Russell Wilson.

For the record, I didn't like the pick at the time. I'm on the record as actually hating the pick when it went down. I've have nothing against Russell he's pretty good, but I know that drafting QBs is a gamble and far from a science no matter the draft position. If nobody can vouch for me in terms of not being happy about Osweiler, I'll dig up the post myself.

As far Russell right now, hindsight is always 20/20.

Can't really play that game, because it can go on for ever. Everyone should have drafted Brady back in the day for instance. The QBs that went ahead of him where Pennington, Carmazzi, Redman, Martin, Bulger, Wynn, and then finally Tom Brady.

If it was easy Russ would have been long gone before the Seahawks could have had a shot at him.

Mary Kay Cabot – Verified account ‏@MaryKayCabot

#Browns Josh Gordon eligible to apply for reinstatement Feb. 3, a year after indefinitine drug ban announced. Told he's doing 'outstanding'
It'll be an early bday present :")
#FREEHIM

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Why do You People miss out on this

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
Tom Brady cut his weekly news conference short today after a news reporter's back-to-back questions about his friendship with Donald Trump.
No lie..

If he were a Texan I might be upset enough to want him off the team.

Godslay

Banned
I heard an interesting opinion the other day regarding the younger QBs in the league and where they place right now and how terrible it's been on the league to expect young guys to come in and start winning now. Consider some of the better QBs right now didn't become top 10 QBs until their late 20s/early 30s with obvious exceptions (Manning, Brady), QBs like Brees, Rivers, Romo, Palmer became much better with more experience. Then we have guys like Rodgers who sat for a few years. Rounding out the top 10 you have guys like Eli, Flacco, Cam, who are good/great at times and then it falls off to guys like Cutler/Ryan etc.

Well we are getting to the point where in a few years Romo/Rivers/Brees/Brady/Manning/Palmer are all going to retire and the young guys are going to be entering their 30s (Wilson, Luck, Tannehill, etc) and this is when some of those guys will ascend to top 5-top 10 QBs in the league. So many people are so quick to write off QBs right now considering the trends that the Top QBs took a while to grow into that position. Even the great Manning took a while to get going and with all of that teams still refuse to show any patience for QB and the media is even worse about it.

Good post, I agree.

Unless it's obvious that they're shitty, then I think you need to be patient with the guy and let him grow into the position.

jakncoke

Banned
It'll be an early bday present :")
#FREEHIM

you realize this is him on feb 5th

maxresdefault.jpg

Syrinx

I heard an interesting opinion the other day regarding the younger QBs in the league and where they place right now and how terrible it's been on the league to expect young guys to come in and start winning now. Consider some of the better QBs right now didn't become top 10 QBs until their late 20s/early 30s with obvious exceptions (Manning, Brady), QBs like Brees, Rivers, Romo, Palmer became much better with more experience. Then we have guys like Rodgers who sat for a few years. Rounding out the top 10 you have guys like Eli, Flacco, Cam, who are good/great at times and then it falls off to guys like Cutler/Ryan etc.

Well we are getting to the point where in a few years Romo/Rivers/Brees/Brady/Manning/Palmer are all going to retire and the young guys are going to be entering their 30s (Wilson, Luck, Tannehill, etc) and this is when some of those guys will ascend to top 5-top 10 QBs in the league. So many people are so quick to write off QBs right now considering the trends that the Top QBs took a while to grow into that position. Even the great Manning took a while to get going and with all of that teams still refuse to show any patience for QB and the media is even worse about it.
I think part of the issue is that over the last decade or so there have been QBs like Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, and Andrew Luck who all played well as rookies and now some get the impression that this is the norm (especially for first round guys) when it really isn't. It may be more common now but that still shouldn't really be the baseline for what you expect from a guy the minute he starts playing.

Here's a headline from today's Charlotte Observer.

Panthers QB Cam Newton on dancing: ‘We’re celebrating because there’s greatness in the air’

Presented without further comment from me. Yall do what yall do

You have to admit, there is a hint of it around that team. The only ones I see stopping them in the playoffs is the Cardinals.

he is correct though. i don't even think seachickens fans would consider wussle to be an elite QB. whether or not pettine should say that in public is another matter, but i doubt the seahawks will need any help/bulleting board material beating the browns in seattle

CURSE THE 49ers to 1000 more years of JED YORK!

Pettine heard you eat gas station fried chicken.

I eat Pop eyes, Ezell's and Heaven's Sent.

FUCK YOU BG!

I think part of the issue is that over the last decade or so there have been QBs like Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, and Andrew Luck who all played well as rookies and now some get the impression that this is the norm (especially for first round guys) when it really isn't. It may be more common now but that still shouldn't really be the baseline for what you expect from a guy the minute he starts playing.

Yup and then we get stupid stats like Win/Loss record for QBs :/

I've never met a skinny person that drinks diet soda. Weird how that works, is it keeping them from being more morbidly obese?

My dad drinks it and he's skinny, he got used to it and now prefers it, I think they all taste like garbage

I remember the good old days when there was nothing but love between the 12 and the Cleve.

How could you kids grow up with so much hate and anger in your hearts?

jbug617

Banned
So what team will Josh Gordon play for in 2016? Sounds like he would make a good Cowboy. JFF on the bench. Romo throwing to Witten, Gordon and Dez.

So what team will Josh Gordon play for in 2016? Sounds like he would make a good Cowboy. JFF on the bench. Romo throwing to Witten, Gordon and Dez.

I can already imagine the Hard Knocks drama. JFF doing coke with Jerry. Dez beating up Gordon, Rømø breaking collarbones.

Godslay

Banned
Imagine a buffet with diet coke, cream cheese dogs, pineapple pizza, chow mein sandwiches and gas station chicken. All culinary delights crafted by international chef Spinluck.

Western would be a regular.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Imagine a buffet with diet coke, cream cheese dogs, pineapple pizza, chow mein sandwiches and gas station chicken. All culinary delights crafted by international chef Spinluck.

Western would be a regular.

I call bullshit on that ever happening. There is no ketchup!

Top Bottom