• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

JABEE

I'm halfway through 5. Going in release order. Not looking forward to 1. It's so fucking bad. I remember 3 as being totally fine,
I just finished them all. 1 is bad. 2 is okay outside of the love story. 3 is okay.

I watched the original trilogy for the first time as an adult.

I think I like Episode IV the best. It's a legitimately funny/charming movie. Empire Strikes back is awesome. Return of the Jedi is the weakest, but it's still better than any of the prequels. The Ewok stuff brings it down.

It also seemed more self-aware of the phenomenon. Seemed to have an influence on the story.

Syrinx

It's been several years since I've watched a Star Wars movie.

Did they ever release the originals without all the Lucas edit bullshit? Is it still worth revisiting if not?

jakncoke

Banned
Four loko should be banned from existence. Looks like shit and sounds like the stupidest shit ever created.

tastes bad too but if i drink it fast enough and start drinking something after my back doesnt hurt anymore and i dont have to do heroin like chan

It's been several years since I've watched a Star Wars movie.

Did they ever release the originals without all the Lucas edit bullshit? Is it still worth revisiting if not?

I still have my original VHS copies. If you want them on dvd, good fucking luck. Scuttlebutt has it Lucas hunted down and destroyed every copy of the non-enhanced version he could. There are still some theater reels out there in private hands, but they are under lock and key.

JABEE

Amy Trask said:
Retweeting in honor of Star Wars. Me to Al: I need you to greet Darth Vader. Al to me: who the f*** is Darth Vader.
http://media.paperblog.fr/i/761/7616040/force-sport-soit-avec-L-8hteDq.jpeg

https://twitter.com/AmyTrask/status/677278024056737792

5cGBXfN.jpg

I'm halfway through 5. Going in release order. Not looking forward to 1. It's so fucking bad. I remember 3 as being totally fine,

I have watched all six with my eight year old daughter, and even at that age, when we finished Phantom Menace, she said "that one wasn't so good."

I'm looking forward to taking her to see the new one, PG13 be damned.

I have watched all six with my eight year old daughter, and even at that age, when we finished Phantom Menace, she said "that one wasn't so good."

I think Episode I is better than Episode II, but that's like comparing the positives of being blind vs deaf.

Line_HTX

She's a smart one. Nice that she recognises that that movie is full of shit.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I'm betting your daughter is a better actor than that sorry pos they had play Anakin in that movie.

gutshot

I saw Ep. I in the theater 7 times as a teenager, bought the DVD as soon as it came out and watched it a bunch more times. I had convinced myself it was good. Was super hyped for Ep. II and then they announced the title and it suddenly hit me "These movies are really fucking cheesy and stupid." Saw Ep. II and that realization was solidified as truth. Barely even cared about Ep. III, saw it once in the theater and again until a couple years ago when I watched it with my kids. It sucked and all the prequels suck.

I was so burned by that it took me awhile to get excited about the new trilogy. The first trailer did it though. Don't let me down Abrams!

I saw Ep. I in the theater 7 times as a teenager, bought the DVD as soon as it came out and watched it a bunch more times. I had convinced myself it was good. Was super hyped for Ep. II and then they announced the title and it suddenly hit me "These movies are really fucking cheesy and stupid." Saw Ep. II and that realization was solidified as truth. Barely even cared about Ep. III, saw it once in the theater and again until a couple years ago when I watched it with my kids. It sucked and all the prequels suck.

I was so burned by that it took me awhile to get excited about the new trilogy. The first trailer did it though. Don't let me down Abrams!

I mean lets not disgrace the word cheesy. All of Star Wars is cheesy by nature.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
e: slay I just don't think Kubes wanted Brock either. We will have to disagree on that, but I believe those trade reports. It's too bad. Denver's defense and skill players are so good this year, and the QB will hold it all back

I believe this is called the Wade Phillips curse.

Phantom Menace can be summed up by midichlorians. It's easy to be reductive.

Tell me what it is you like about Episode II. Since you felt the need to defend it.

That's not a good excuse. And yeah, Portman's acting wasn't convincing either, though her best moment was the freedom dies to applause.

That was the point. Empire Strikes Back is cheesy. Star Wars has always been cheesy. But it's very possible to make good cheesy movies and bad cheesy movies. The prequel are the later.

Line_HTX

The two roles that I'll always love about Mark Hamill is Colonel Christopher Blair from the Wing Commander games and The Joker.

squicken

That's not a good excuse. And yeah, Portman's acting wasn't convincing either, though her best moment was the freedom dies to applause.

I am not critical of anyone in those movies b/c of the dialog they had to endure. Portman has to forever live with the Younglings line, poor gal

Dragon

Banned
The new movie better be amazing for so much hype.

There is even star war ice cream.

I just want it to be enjoyable. Which I can't really say about the prequel trilogy. I have faith that Abrams will make a decent Star Wars movie. And glad they are switching directors for 8 and 9 even if one of them is the guy who did Jurassic World.

Well you felt the need to interject and raise one piece of shit over another piece of shit, I'm just curious why in your opinion piece of shit B is better than piece of shit A.

Because I particularly hate Jar Jar Binks and Jake Lloyd's acting. The mother in the movie (I don't even remember if she's ever named) is awful as well. Like I brought up before, the movie could have never happened, and they have like a five minute scene at the beginning of 2 with Anakin meeting Obi Wan and it never needed to exist.

That's not to say any of the acting or script work is anything good in the prequels. Abrams has it right with more practical effects and less of acting against tennis balls. That's why I give Ewan McGregor some credit for dealing with the schlock for three movies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm gonna piss all of you off by saying that I think the prequels are more entertaining than the originals after watching all 6 recently. The originals are obviously better movies from top to bottom but the spectacle of the prequels greatly outweighs the old ones.

ESB used to be my favorite but now it's probably either ROTJ or ROTS.

Past that, like 80% of AOTC and TPM is god awful. ANH is whatever.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I'm gonna piss all of you off by saying that I think the prequels are more entertaining than the originals after watching all 6 recently. The originals are obviously better movies from top to bottom but the spectacle of the prequels greatly outweighs the old ones.

I ain't even mad

What are your thoughts on the prequels vs The Godfather 1 & 2?

Eleuin

that spectacle

EnormousColorfulIbisbill.gif

Top Bottom