• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Deandre Hopkins, Mike Evans, TY Hilton, Dez Bryant, and Julio Jones all combined for 150 yards and 0 TD against Josh Norman.

Have a feeling Beckham toasts him this week though. Or maybe the Giants will smarten up and just line up OBJ wherever Colin Jones is. That might be an automatic TD every play.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Morning

Really getting tired of everyone giving Cam the MVP early

Sub 60% completion percentage, 28-10 TD-INT ratio, 96.9 overall passer rating. I mean he has significant additional rushing stats but when he does pass, he's not the best in the league at it. Period.

Meanwhile Carson Palmer is having an Aaron Rodgers type season at his age and after all those injuries. Dude is going to get robbed hard.

Morning

Sub 60% completion percentage, 28-10 TD-INT ratio, 96.9 overall passer rating. I mean he has significant additional rushing stats but when he does pass, he's not the best in the league at it. Period.

Meanwhile Carson Palmer is having an Aaron Rodgers type season at his age and after all those injuries. Dude is going to get robbed hard.

MVP award now automatically goes to the best passer of the football? If that's the case Drew Brees got robbed of at least 4.

I don't disagree that Palmer should receive consideration, but its pretty much become the best player on the team with the best record. Nothing that's happened really should have disqualified Tom Brady from the award, yet as soon as he lost one game all the votes went from him to Cam.

Man, you should come home more often from planet Gronk! The little dude, or as we call him: the next JJ Watt, is already 3 months old!

Damn.

I feel like I knew this. Oh well, good thing he's all good. But again, I would like to advice you to train his left hand early and often. Get him to become a lefty, so he can bank as a lefty pitcher.

milk and bead why would I ignore you two? Pats fans whining about officiating and injuries is one of the 10 greatest things on the internet

e: good morning, floyd. I think kas missed my point on Irving. It's not technique. He is not physically strong enough to play NFL football. Happens to lots of offensive linemen who can't transition to the pro game from college

Only responding to Bread and Milch cause he has me on ignore.

jk

Good morning everyone.

Just because that bearded Billy goat blow doesn't mean the whole sport sucks..

Ray Farmer everyone..

Good morning friend Floyd.

Kiryu

Morning

To add something to that. I found that Russell Wilson is actually doing little better than Cam Newton (in term of QBR and TD/Int stats) and I do not think Russell Wilson should win MVP either.

IF Carson Palmer doesn't win MVP. For certainly he should win the "comeback of the year" award at least.

milk and bead why would I ignore you two? Pats fans whining about officiating and injuries is one of the 10 greatest things on the internet

e: good morning, floyd. I think kas missed my point on Irving. It's not technique. He is not physically strong enough to play NFL football. Happens to lots of offensive linemen who can't transition to the pro game from college

Morning Squicken

Cause when I think lineman, I think Florida State..

And I agree with you, he's like pipsqueak compared to the average lineman.. Fuck even coming out on the scouting reports, it said he was undersized for god's sakes.. We basically drafted the weaker black version of John Greco. Christ..

I blame Grova for this.

Good morning friend Floyd.

Good morning friend Dutch, did you win in the Shirtless League? Playoffs start in the Taco Bell League this week.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I love Cam as a player and he's have a great year, but MVP? Nah. Statistically, he's have an average year as a passer. His 7 rushing TDs help, but that still puts him on points parity with Brady, and Brady simply having the better QB year. Hell, statistically, Cam's more on par with Wilson or Eli.

Then again, there is no denying that without Cam, the Panthers aren't perfect. And with Gronk gone, Brady looked mortal. But then again, with Brady out, how many games do the Pats win?

Unless Brady shits the bed in the last 3 games, the only way he isn't more deserving is if the committee is just sick of giving it to him.

Crisco

Banned
Morning

bgJ4Ouh.gif

I have to eat 33 eggs in 3 days before I leave town for 3 weeks

Pls pray for me

Quiche, pasta carbonara, frittata, pancakes.

Eggs in everything!!!!!

Morning Squicken

Cause when I think lineman, I think Florida State..

And I agree with you, he's like pipsqueak compared to the average lineman.. Fuck even coming out on the scouting reports, it said he was undersized for god's sakes.. We basically drafted the weaker black version of John Greco. Christ..

I blame Grova for this.

Good morning friend Dutch, did you win in the Shirtless League? Playoffs start in the Taco Bell League this week.

Nope, I lost to confrontation in the first round of the playoffs :((((((((

I don´t really care what hand he´s going to prefer to kill the Pats with - I´ll leave him that creative freedom. B-)

But will he not be invisible just like Watt has always been against the Pats?

I have to eat 33 eggs in 3 days before I leave town for 3 weeks

Pls pray for me

Why?

Nope, I lost to confrontation in the first round of the playoffs :((((((((

:(

I'm sorry. He probably had stickem disguised as mayo on the sidelines of his games.

So we are pretty much guaranteed a Browns fan will the shirtless league?

:')

All right Browns- GAF, I'll do my best to hold the Freeman at the end of the season in my league. We will be winning all the fake championships.

why do I have the feeling someone will make fun of the NFL Championships the Browns have won

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1157144

What the fuck am I looking at?

I am really not trying to be a jerk, even if Chris thinks I am. I just see a bad spot right now. I hate Ross. Astros used to have an owner who cared more about his college than the team he owned. Took millions in tax payer dollars for a baseball stadium, was cheap, and then gave Baylor so much money they named the new football stadium after him
You are right about this. The Dolphins will never be good under Stephen Ross. Never.

Hopefully he sells the team after a few more years of failure.

BigAT

Miller: 12 carries
Tannehill: 41 throws

Wtf are the Dolphins doing

Funny how Gruden spent the entire broadcast harping on how the Dolphins are a tough, run-first team now while they spent the whole game doing the exact opposite.

Continue to be impressed by OBJ's statline:
Odell Beckham: 7 catches, 166 yards, 2 touchdowns, 3 IV bags (2 at halftime)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
To add something to that. I found that Russell Wilson is actually doing little better than Cam Newton (in term of QBR and TD/Int stats) and I do not think Russell Wilson should win MVP either.

IF Carson Palmer doesn't win MVP. For certainly he should win the "comeback of the year" award at least.

I love Cam as a player and he's have a great year, but MVP? Nah. Statistically, he's have an average year as a passer. His 7 rushing TDs help, but that still puts him on points parity with Brady, and Brady simply having the better QB year. Hell, statistically, Cam's more on par with Wilson or Eli.

Then again, there is no denying that without Cam, the Panthers aren't perfect. And with Gronk gone, Brady looked mortal. But then again, with Brady out, how many games do the Pats win?

Unless Brady shits the bed in the last 3 games, the only way he isn't more deserving is if the committee is just sick of giving it to him.

Brady probably should win it unfortunately. Dude has had a monster year.

MVP award now automatically goes to the best passer of the football? If that's the case Drew Brees got robbed of at least 4.

I don't disagree that Palmer should receive consideration, but its pretty much become the best player on the team with the best record. Nothing that's happened really should have disqualified Tom Brady from the award, yet as soon as he lost one game all the votes went from him to Cam.

I don't think it's always the best player with the best record. History has shown its almost always the best quarterback though unless there isn't one having an amazing season. I think Cam has been significantly outplayed by both Palmer and Brady...as well as Wilson and Dalton. There has been some incredible performances as far as quarterbacks go this year and it'd be silly to give it to the guy who is having a good season on a great team. Otherwise you could make a solid argument that Matt Ryan has been robbed a few seasons with this logic when the Falcons have had the best record in football.

Funny how Gruden spent the entire broadcast harping on how the Dolphins are a tough, run-first team now while they spent the whole game doing the exact opposite.

Continue to be impressed by OBJ's statline:
Odell Beckham: 7 catches, 166 yards, 2 touchdowns, 3 IV bags (2 at halftime)
Campbell just fired the OC a couple of weeks ago so the team could focus more on running the ball. What a joke.

It's been this way throughout Tannehill's entire career. He's averaging 36.6 attempts per game. Last year it was 36.9, the year before 36.8.

I will say it's nice to see Tannehill taking more shots this year. Those PA bombs that are a staple of so many teams' offenses were a rare occurrence in Miami prior to this season.

Crisco

Banned
Brady probably should win it unfortunately. Dude has had a monster year.

I don't think it's always the best player with the best record. History has shown its almost always the best quarterback though unless there isn't one having an amazing season. I think Cam has been significantly outplayed by both Palmer and Brady...as well as Wilson and Dalton. There has been some incredible performances as far as quarterbacks go this year and it'd be silly to give it to the guy who is having a good season on a great team. Otherwise you could make a solid argument that Matt Ryan has been robbed a few seasons with this logic when the Falcons have had the best record in football.

If you want some numbers to justify Cam's case, he's statistically the best deep ball thrower in the league after last week's game. He's also the best in the redzone and in the 4th quarter. His receiving corps has been significantly worse than all those guys most of the season. He also leads the league in touchdown percentage at 7.1%. His threat as a runner affects the game in ways that don't show up on stat sheets either. Stewart doesn't waltz into the endzone on that option pitch if the defense doesn't respect the QB as a runner. Teams don't load the box against us because they don't respect our passing game, they do it because they are terrified of our QB's involvement in the ground game.

I'd give the MVP to Cam at this point in the season. No one, absolutely NO ONE, would have predicted this level of success from the Panthers, and the most valuable player on that team is without a doubt Cam Newton. Maybe Palmer and Brady are having slightly better statistical years but when a guy is close to that level and leading an undefeated team I think you have to give it to him.

I want to see Kellan Moore this weekend. Might as well

Lol all these people trying to discredit Cam

*pushes up glasses* " I've ran the numbers and statistically speaking he's subpar in these categories"

Shut up

WanderingWind

*pushes up glasses* " I've ran the numbers and statistically speaking he's subpar in these categories"

Shut up

Yeah, okay, Mr. Anime fan. Eat a tentacle shaped like a dick.

Crisco

Banned
I mean, look at this play.

sC2ynYK.gif

No other QB in the game would get that kind of attention from the defense, especially when the runner is someone as good as Jonathan Stewart. They literally never left Cam until the moment the ball left his hand.

sC2ynYK.gif

No other QB in the game would get that kind of attention from the defense, especially when the runner is someone as good as Jonathan Stewart. They literally never left Cam until the moment the ball left his hand.

That's less paying attention to Cam and more not paying attention to basic defensive fundamentals.

WanderingWind

Cam belongs in the conversation, but by most metrics that we use that aren't fee-fees, he's outclassed in his position by several QBs. I'd like him to get it simple so Brady doesn't, but that's just being a dildo.

We all know Gronk is the real MVP right? Only half-joking

And the biggest thing discrediting Palmer's (and Dalton's) case is the fact that he has more offensive talent on his team's bench than Cam started out with in his starting lineup (and more than Brady's had to work with for large parts of the season because half his team's on IR).

If we actually want the MVP award to have some semblance of being about being most valuable to your team and not just QB of the Year, Russell Wilson should get votes above Palmer and Dalton.

BigAT

http://i.imgur.com/sC2ynYK.gif[IMG]

No other QB in the game would get that kind of attention from the defense, especially when the runner is someone as good as Jonathan Stewart. They literally never left Cam until the moment the ball left his hand.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Zvonimir Boban, post: 189312308"]That's less paying attention to Cam and more not paying attention to basic defensive fundamentals.[/QUOTE]

Yes, success against the Saints defense really shouldn't be allowed to be used as proof of anything.

sC2ynYK.gif

brb 40 meg gif still loading

Zeke

Shut up
Agreed let Moore play the rest of the season see what he has before brining money manziel in.

Top Bottom