• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

First boss in the Bloodborne DLC is rooooooough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DLIewPBK0s

Summoning Henriett to help makes the battle much more manageable. On NG+++, one of those sword swipes rips 3/4's of my health.:) He was a bitch but man it felt good to put him down.

The new Star Wars movie was good stuff by the way, gents. A bit "safe" in that its structurally identical to Episode IV but I loved the new characters and it takes a shit on high on the prequels.

Line_HTX

I dialed back the No Respect posts on here because I realized the act was wearing thin. And for the most part, the Panthers have been getting good press this year. They have the most players of any team currently in the Pro Bowl, Cam is the presumptive MVP, Keeks and Norman both in the running for DPoY, no.1 unanimously in the various Power Rankings, and Rivera is penned in as the CoY.

You still have plenty of fans in the fanbase who will take every single individual statement made by anyone that isn't a glowing one about the Panthers as total disrespect.

btw, the Panthers probably are ACTUALLY the worst 13-0 team of all time.

Luke most likely is going to win the award.

Summoning Henriett to help makes the battle much more manageable. On NG+++, one of those sword swipes rips 3/4's of my health.:) He was a bitch but man it felt good to put him down.

The new Star Wars movie was good stuff by the way, gents. A bit "safe" in that its structurally identical to Episode IV but I loved the new characters and it takes a shit on high on the prequels.
I always felt like summoning makes the fights feel unrewarding so I tend to avoid it. Maybe if you've already played through the game a bunch of times, I guess. I am very stubborn so I don't mind trying a boss for hours on end until I get it down, haha.

3/4s of your health from one swipe!? That is nuts! I'd like to see a video of you taking him out.

tmdorsey

What's the GAF nerd consensus on Episode VII so far? I expect love for a few weeks and then a massive backlash like just about everything.

Looks like the bolded will probably be the basis for the inevitable backlash. Got reserved seats for tomorrow afternoon in a full Dolby Cinema can't wait. :D

Looks like the bolded will probably be the basis for the inevitable backlash. Got reserved seats for tomorrow afternoon in a full Dolby Cinema can't wait. :D

The first "The Phantom Menace is better than The Force Awakens because Lucas actually took chances with the franchise" thread is going to be a trip.

You know it's coming tho

rando14

BG is nothing but a whirling force of disrespect and bullying, these days, a shell of his former self

I stand with Mech, we must step up to his bullying!!

Remove the weave, so that the man may live

Hindl

I always felt like summoning makes the fights feel unrewarding so I tend to avoid it. Maybe if you've already played through the game a bunch of times, I guess. I am very stubborn so I don't mind trying a boss for hours on end until I get it down, haha.

3/4s of your health from one swipe!? That is nuts! I'd like to see a video of you taking him out.

Yeah I'm the same way. I never summoned an ally throughout my entire first run through, it just felt like it was taking something away from the win, almost like cheating. Although everything I've heard about that first boss is a nightmare, so maybe this is the one that'll finally break me.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll get to the DLC before the end of the year, too many Nintendo games between Xenoblade, Yoshi, and Splatoon to play. But I can't wait to dig into the Bloodborne DLC next year

Crisco

Banned
I dialed back the No Respect posts on here because I realized the act was wearing thin. And for the most part, the Panthers have been getting good press this year. They have the most players of any team currently in the Pro Bowl, Cam is the presumptive MVP, Keeks and Norman both in the running for DPoY, no.1 unanimously in the various Power Rankings, and Rivera is penned in as the CoY.

You still have plenty of fans in the fanbase who will take every single individual statement made by anyone that isn't a glowing one about the Panthers as total disrespect.

btw, the Panthers probably are ACTUALLY the worst 13-0 team of all time.

Our fanbase needs to move past the "they don't respect us" phase and move straight on to shit talking. I mean, we might lose our first playoff game after all, why not enjoy the opportunity!

MechDX

BG is nothing but a whirling force of disrespect and bullying, these days, a shell of his former self

I stand with Mech, we must step up to his bullying!!

Remove the weave, so that the man may live

AK0D3j1.gif

Rando is my new bae BG. The disrespect this Sunday shall flow like the line of QB's through the Cleve.

Yeah I'm the same way. I never summoned an ally throughout my entire first run through, it just felt like it was taking something away from the win, almost like cheating. Although everything I've heard about that first boss is a nightmare, so maybe this is the one that'll finally break me.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll get to the DLC before the end of the year, too many Nintendo games between Xenoblade, Yoshi, and Splatoon to play. But I can't wait to dig into the Bloodborne DLC next year
The DLC is a real treat. If you loved the main game then you'll have a great time with it.

I have Xenoblade coming for Christmas! Not sure when I'll get around to it though, Fallout 4 is taking me forever. Yoshi's WW is one of the underrated gems of the year, I have 100% in everything but the final unlockable level which I just haven't spent any time on yet. That game is truly a worthy sequel to YI.

Kirk would've finished that fight in a single swing
Maybe with your 1,000 strength build. ;)

tmdorsey

The first "The Phantom Menace is better than The Force Awakens because Lucas actually took chances with the franchise" thread is going to be a trip.

You know it's coming tho

Oh absolutely. People seem to love being miserable and complaining about shit these days though so it won't be surprising.

The DLC is a real treat. If you loved the main game then you'll have a great time with it.

I have Xenoblade coming for Christmas! Not sure when I'll get around to it though, Fallout 4 is taking me forever. Yoshi's WW is one of the underrated gems of the year, I have 100% in everything but the final unlockable level which I just haven't spent any time on yet. That game is truly a worthy sequel to YI.

I've put around 30 hours in Xenoblade from mostly just exploring and doing shit and I'm about to start Chapter 5.

Godslay

Banned
I've put around 30 hours in Xenoblade from mostly just exploring and doing shit and I'm about to start Chapter 5.

It's really great, isn't it?

I'm about ~20 hours in, Chapter 4. Really into the bounties, and just exploring. Music in NLA drives my wife nuts though. Probably my favorite game outside of Witcher III that I've played this year.

Harrison Ford's best acting performance in damn near 15 years.

His old gruffness was perfect for mature version of Han.

Can't lie tho, Carrie Fisher's raspy (drug-affected) voice was sad

rando14

I can't wait till I can star Xenoblade, man I've wanted to play so badly, glad you guys are enjoying it!! :')

Hmmm I'm just gonna say, if any yall wanna stream it, I'd definitely watch >_>

Hindl

Yeah loved main BB, and I'm watching my friend play through it for the first time, mostly trying to keep my mouth shut. Xenoblade is great so far though, and that's awesome to hear, I've been looking at Yoshi for months. With this Best Buy B1G1 deal on Nintendo games I'm gonna jump on this and Kirby (which hasn't gotten as high praise, but it still looks good to me).

It's really great, isn't it?

I'm about ~20 hours in, Chapter 4. Really into the bounties, and just exploring. Music in NLA drives my wife nuts though. Probably my favorite game outside of Witcher III that I've played this year.

The music is why I come to Japanese types of games though. It's so stupid and cheesy that it just makes me laugh when I hear it. It's that levity that I find is missing in WRPGs. Fallout had some of those moments too, but generally they seem much more serious than their Japanese counterparts

Godslay

Banned
I can't wait till I can star Xenoblade, man I've wanted to play so badly, glad you guys are enjoying it!! :')

Hmmm I'm just gonna say, if any yall wanna stream it, I'd definitely watch >_>

Is that possible on the WiiU, out of the box? Guess I never looked into it.

The music is why I come to Japanese types of games though. It's so stupid and cheesy that it just makes me laugh when I hear it. It's that levity that I find is missing in WRPGs. Fallout had some of those moments too, but generally they seem much more serious than their Japanese counterparts

Isn't the music produced by Linkin Park though? Or was that a joke someone put out there? In general it's good, I could see how the NLA would annoy people though with the repetition.

RBH

The 30 for 30 film on the Buffalo Bills is re-airing on Sunday, December 20th at 7:00am ET on ESPN2. Just giving a heads up for those of you who want to DVR it (like me).

CWH51LTXIAAHpSB.jpg

Hindl

Is that possible on the WiiU, out of the box? Guess I never looked into it.

Isn't the music produced by Linkin Park though? Or was that a joke someone put out there? In general it's good, I could see how the NLA would annoy people though with the repetition.

Nah Wii U streaming isn't supported, so you gotta do the whole capture card and OBS dancce to get streaming done.

And no that was a joke don't think I've heard that. Hiroyuki Sawano is the composer. He's the main composer for a bunch of recent anime I think? That's why it's so over the top and weird, with vocal tracks in everything, especially compared to Xenoblade 1's soundtrack. Xenoblade 1 had a better soundtrack definitely, but I like this one. Although I can definitely see how it could annoy people if they aren't into cheesy music and want actual epic scores. Like this isn't a soundtrack I would listen to on it's own

Nah Wii U streaming isn't supported, so you gotta do the whole capture card and OBS dancce to get streaming done.

And no that was a joke don't think I've heard that. Hiroyuki Sawano is the composer. He's the main composer for a bunch of recent anime I think? That's why it's so over the top and weird, with vocal tracks in everything, especially compared to Xenoblade 1's soundtrack. Xenoblade 1 had a better soundtrack definitely, but I like this one. Although I can definitely see how it could annoy people if they aren't into cheesy music and want actual epic scores. Like this isn't a soundtrack I would listen to on it's own

Yeah he's an anime composer, best known for his works on Attack on Titan and Kill La Kill.

MechDX

As native son of Indy, Yates comes calling on Colts
T.J. Yates' birth and happy childhood happened in Indianapolis, the city of misery for the Texans.

Growing up there before his family moved to Georgia, the future Texans quarterback once competed in a punt, pass and kick competition in the old RCA Dome. He idolized Peyton Manning during his heyday. And his family unabashedly supported the Colts.

Yates even had to question his brother's allegiance this week as he prepares to square off with the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium in a game that may ultimately determine the AFC South winner. Yates will have a central role in Sunday's battle of 6-7 teams as he starts his second game this year, with starter Brian Hoyer declared out due to a concussion.

"My family and I were all diehard Colts fans," Yates said. "I had to ask my brother what jersey he was going to wear. He said he's going to support the Texans, but all other weeks he's a Colts fan."

I didn't know this as I always though he was from Atlanta.

I don't believe in anything anymore
Not really. I can never give up on you TJ!

brentech

Packers CB Sam Shields (concussion) will not play on Sunday in Oakland.

Giving the two rookies the starting outside corner spots. Hopefully Cooper doesn't remember how to catch this game.
It could be worse, Hayward could be playing on the outside.

Godslay

Banned
No. You'd have to stream it like older systems.

That's too bad, I would have streamed it.

As far as the music, a couple of songs made me wonder if it was true. Didn't care enough to look I suppose. I don't mind the music, fits the game.

I'll post it up later. I always record each boss battle I do.

Top Bottom