• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

ue7kP1Y.jpg
#PatsCulture

brentech

friend of ours is a patent lawyer in DC. Used to have a 1 BR apartment in the middle of it all, ran something like 2k/mo, maybe slightly less. Recently got a house in Virginia though, still crazy priced for what it is.

friend of ours is a patent lawyer in DC. Used to have a 1 BR apartment in the middle of it all, ran something like 2k/mo, maybe slightly less. Recently got a house in Virginia though, still crazy priced for what it is.

Yeah. Part of it is me being stubborn and not wanting roommates. I could live far cheap with some randos but I'm not trying to do that.

bionic77

11/10

Time machine to the 80s and being a kid again.

The new heros are so likeable I want to see the movie over and over again.

WedgeX

Banned
Random wiki articles are spoiling new Star Wars for me. Guess I'm done with the internet until New Years day.

Dont waste your time with DC. The people there are snakes.

That's rude.

My Capitol Hill apartment is less but still crazy. Wouldn't trade it though.

bionic77

Dont waste your time with DC. The people there are snakes.
DC is an amazing city.

The only reason I left was the cost of living.

You need to make bank just to own a house anywhere nearby. That and the traffic.

The people are pretty awesome in DC btw. One of the coolest cities in the country.

DC is an amazing city.

The only reason I left was the cost of living.

You need to make bank just to own a house anywhere nearby. That and the traffic.

The people are pretty awesome in DC btw. One of the coolest cities in the country.

Got any recommendations for places I should check out?

bionic77

Got any recommendations for places I should check out?
NW DC was my favorite spot to live when I was there, but it is further away from the social spots if you are into that. You are going to be on a longer train or car ride.
Expensive as shit. You are going to be living with a lot of olds and families, but they are good neighbors to have in general.

If you are looking out of DC Bethesda was also a place I loved but again expensive as shit.

Keep in mind I have not lived in DC for 10 years. I went there this summer and barely recognized half of it.

NW DC was my favorite spot to live when I was there, but it is further away from the social spots if you are into that. You are going to be on a longer train or car ride.
Expensive as shit. You are going to be living with a lot of olds and families, but they are good neighbors to have in general.

If you are looking out of DC Bethesda was also a place I loved but again expensive as shit.

Keep in mind I have not lived in DC for 10 years. I went there this summer and barely recognized half of it.

That's natural for people when they get to your age.

bionic77

Got damn.

GAF seems to be united in liking the new Star Wars movie.

How long until the backlash or has it already started?

Anyways, if you liked the OG Star Wars movie go see this shit immediately. If you ever wanted to know what 80s movie magic was then also go see this ASAP. You will feel great when you walk out of the movie theater and will want to see it all over again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While I only ever visited DC, albeit sometimes for weeks on end the thing that really struck me is how fucking early everything closes. The only other city I spend any real time in was Boston, a city notorious for shit closing early because of the T and it was like NYC by comparison.

Bank hours in downtown were especially a joke. Some closed at 2 or 1.

bionic77

While I only ever visited DC, albeit sometimes for weeks on end the thing that really struck me is how fucking early everything closes. The only other city I spend any real time in was Boston, a city notorious for shit closing early because of the T and it was like NYC by comparison.

Bank hours in downtown were especially a joke. Some closed at 2 or 1.
You have to be rich to live in DC.

Rich people go to bed early because they need to fucking get up early to make all the money it takes to pay for the insane mortgages and property taxes.

That's natural for people when they get to your age.
Nah shit changed a lot.

Tyson's corner exploded and they finally built the train out to it. They have been talking about that since before half of you were born. I never thought it would actually happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You have to be rich to live in DC.

Rich people go to bed early because they need to fucking get up early to make all the money it takes to pay for the insane mortgages and property taxes.

Nah, people rich enough to live in DC barely have to work anymore at all if they ever did. Banks probably close so damn early so that they can all go to fundraisers and the like. 1pm though is ridiculous. They opened at 8 or 9 as well. Only ridiculous food mecca type tourist traps can get away with hours like that, that and DC banks.

bionic77

Bionic is getting me hype.
Get off the internet until you see the movie.

The streets are hot yo!

hey fellas, I got my new computer parts in the mail except for my new CPU, you all should be happy with me!
I let Apple put my computer parts together for me these days.

The Apple logo on the back increases the speed of the RAM and CPU and protects me from viruses and other forms of sorcery.

Top Bottom