• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

bionic77

Nah, people rich enough to live in DC barely have to work anymore at all if they ever did. Banks probably close so damn early so that they can all go to fundraisers and the like. 1pm though is ridiculous. They opened at 8 or 9 as well. Only ridiculous food mecca type tourist traps can get away with hours like that, that and DC banks.
That ain't true.

While there are some rich ass people in DC who never need to worry about money, most people in DC work their dicks to the bone to pay for their mortgages and the insane costs of living in that city. A ton of federal employees who generally get paid (use the urban emphasis on the last word in the sentence to fully understand what I am talking about).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm not gonna watch that movie for awhile so I'll probably get spoiled some time.

Let's just say that in retrospect, my fear of getting majorly spoiled was blown way out of proportion.

There's not really a huge "snape kills yoda" or whatever moment.

Got damn.

GAF seems to be united in liking the new Star Wars movie.

How long until the backlash or has it already started?

Anyways, if you liked the OG Star Wars movie go see this shit immediately. If you ever wanted to know what 80s movie magic was then also go see this ASAP. You will feel great when you walk out of the movie theater and will want to see it all over again.

One year from now, people will hate it. As a movie, the Dark Knight was even better and people love to shit all over that here. The LOTR trilogy is the only thing that seems to be immune to criticism....most of the time.

bionic77

Let's just say that in retrospect, my fear of getting majorly spoiled was blown way out of proportion.

One year from now, people will hate it. As a movie, the Dark Knight was even better and people love to shit all over that here. The LOTR trilogy is the only thing that seems to be immune to criticism....most of the time.
I fucking loved DK when I saw it in the theater and being an objective non-nerd I can't say with confidence it was better than FA.

The last act in DK didn't fit well with the rest of the movie.

The last act in FA brought real man tears to my eyes. I won't say what because spoilers gets stitches. Actually lets stop talking about the movie. Most of these bums haven't even seen it yet!

The new Star Wars is fine, just don't think it's as good as everyone is saying. I like the new characters/actors though, so much better than the prequels and I'm actually looking forward to the next movie which makes a change.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I fucking loved DK when I saw it in the theater and being an objective non-nerd I can't say with confidence it was better than FA.

The last act in DK didn't fit well with the rest of the movie.

The last act in FA brought real man tears to my eyes. I won't say what because spoilers gets stitches. Actually lets stop talking about the movie. Most of these bums haven't even seen it yet!

Yeah TFA hit me in the feels several times. Star Wars has a weird nostalgic hold over me though. I got a little weepy when I saw the trailers for fuck's sake.

There's no Heath Ledger Joker level character in TFA though. Batman was the worst part of TDK so....yeah.

I'm still convinced people will be very meh about it in a year or so. I'm not of the same mind since I declared TFA the best Star Wars movie yet earlier in the thread!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also the LOTR wasn't anywhere near immune to criticism back in the day. The Hobbit movies were a carefully laid plan to give them that nerd immunity.

Back when they came out people were hard as shit on The Two Towers for some of the questionable changes it made to the overall narrative. People also ragged on TROTK especially for being nine hours long.

effzee

WIfe surprised me with getting tickets to FA for the 26th at a great ticket that was all sold out.

Can't wait! I like things!

bionic77

Yeah TFA hit me in the feels several times. Star Wars has a weird nostalgic hold over me though. I got a little weepy when I saw the trailers for fuck's sake.

There's no Heath Ledger Joker level character in TFA though. Batman was the worst part of TDK so....yeah.

I'm still convinced people will be very meh about it in a year or so. I'm not of the same mind since I declared TFA the best Star Wars movie yet earlier in the thread!
This movie is going to hold up like a motherfucker because of how likable Rey and Fin were.

If you have no seen the movie then for your father's sake do not click on the spoiler!

I legit sat up in my sat and cried boy tears on the inside when Rey picked up the lightsaber. They just set up those characters so well and the two actors knocked it out of the fucking galaxy. Can't wait to see it again and super hyped for the next one.

Gobias

Banned
This movie is going to hold up like a motherfucker because of how likable Rey and Fin were.

If you have no seen the movie then for your father's sake do not click on the spoiler!

I legit sat up in my sat and cried boy tears on the inside when Rey picked up the lightsaber. They just set up those characters so well and the two actors knocked it out of the fucking galaxy. Can't wait to see it again and super hyped for the next one.
Man, that entire fight sequence in the snow...magic. I don't care if it is nostalgia that shit made me feel so much.

They rehashed so much stuff from the original trilogy that I think some of the magic will be lost on repeated viewings. Definitely agree about Rey/Finn/BB-8/Po whatever his name was, basically all of the new characters except Kylo Ren were great and even he wasn't terrible.

It's like, the whole thing was constant attempts to capitalise on peoples nostalgia but unlike Jurassic World, which tried to do the same thing, this movie understood what made the first Star Wars movies so awesome and there are a couple of moments where it gets you right in the feels :*)

bionic77

They rehashed so much stuff from the original trilogy that I think some of the magic will be lost on repeated viewings. Definitely agree about Rey/Finn/BB-8/Po whatever his name was, basically all of the new characters except Kylo Ren were great and even he wasn't terrible.

It's like, the whole thing was constant attempts to capitalise on peoples nostalgia but unlike Jurassic World, which tried to do the same thing, this movie understood what made the first Star Wars movies so awesome and there are a couple of moments where it gets you right in the feels :*)
:lol

Someone just revealed that they know nothing about magic.

Magic is like cheese. Its gets stronger over time.

tmdorsey

Got damn.

GAF seems to be united in liking the new Star Wars movie.

How long until the backlash or has it already started?

Anyways, if you liked the OG Star Wars movie go see this shit immediately. If you ever wanted to know what 80s movie magic was then also go see this ASAP. You will feel great when you walk out of the movie theater and will want to see it all over again.

Damnit! 16 hours and 10 minutes to go.

Bionic is getting me hype.

I managed to snag another bottle of Colonel EH Taylor Single Barrel tonight. Seriously the best bottle of whiskey I've had. Pappy and BTAC can get lost. I now have a full bottle of every EH Taylor release this year on my shelf.

Bourbon is the best American creation of all time.

Malalaw

To me its not that Battlefront is a bad game, it was really fun at first. It just lacks content for now, not enough to hold my interest.

Ugh. I wanted to hold out until the crowds died down, but you guys are selling me on TFA.

Welp, I guess wednesday is shopping + Star Wars now.

Kerm 1

Because: all the kids these days expect everything for nothing. They justify it by claiming to be discerning. In reality, it is just a sense of self entitlement that the cultured and financially stable minority among us recognize and are disgusted by.

BigAT

Because: all the kids these days expect everything for nothing. They justify it by claiming to be discerning. In reality, it is just a sense of self entitlement that the cultured and financially stable minority among us recognize and are disgusted by.

ca22ee79315ba50866e0e927957b9061.jpg

eznark

Banned

I have an alt!

minx

Mech never plays online, I have literally never even seen gata online. Just Boban, Bread, kas, and myself.

Posters here get excited for a new game, proclaim it best ever , play it for two weeks then forget about it.

And:

FMT (who is always watching Netflix/Hulu)
Yankeehater (who only plays with his wife)
Boban (who is a wanker)
BG (who is Bobans co wanker)
Malalaw (new, so dont know what he does yet}
Dega (Who is an eltist jerk and wont share his gamertag)

tumblr_nailjylZrT1s2awcjo1_500.gif

Top Bottom