• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

CXQwkb5WAAIVlyv.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Yea, it almost is guaranteed

I also just read about how the NFL is fucked if the Cardinals lose out and the Packers win out since the Cardinal's stadium is booked during the wild card games lol.

So much hand-wringing next week if the Packers win today.

Thinking about it

Maybe Slater was going, "hey, we won, we get to choose!".

Choose as in WHERE they kick it off to, as in what side. I'm listening to post game and BB and Slater were talking for 3 mins on the sideline, I think they wanted to kick it off, the confusion was Slater wanting to choose the side and the ref not allowing it.

squicken

I know it has been discussed but that Jets crowd was 1000x times better than the Giants get from their fans, even when it is a big game for them

LiK

Belichick is taking responsibility for the kick at the end in the postgame presser.

"There was no confusion"

WTF Bill

He wouldn't. I have more faith in Lindsay Lohan to relapse than he has in the Dolphins.
To relapse or to not relapse? Because I'd put money on the former. Either way you're right. Doesn't matter. Dolphins are all but irrelevant. He can relish this loss all he wants. It's as good as it's going to get and it's not even his team.

kmag

Thinking about it

Maybe Slater was going, "hey, we won, we get to choose!".

Choose as in WHERE they kick it off to, as in what side. I'm listening to post game and BB and Slater were talking for 3 mins on the sideline, I think they wanted to kick it off, the confusion was Slater wanting to choose the side and the ref not allowing it.

This sort of confusion is why the question is meant to be neutral instead of leading.

Ultimately it's Slater's fault but I think the NFL will move to standardise the coin toss question. Honestly if the ref says "What do you want to do?" there's no possibility of the Refs fucking up, anything the player says is firmly on him.

Slater said they wanted to kick, but wanted direction too.

Yea, don't they get to choose which direction when you kick? Or is it the loser who decides the other half of the choice?

Choose to get ball, loser chooses which side to kick

Winer decides to kick, loser chooses which side to receive.

Maybe Slater thought it was

Kick + Choose location

Top Bottom