• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

spyder_ur

This sort of confusion is why the question is meant to be neutral instead of leading.

Ultimately it's Slater's fault but I think the NFL will move to standardise the coin toss question. Honestly if the ref says "What do you want to do?" there's no possibility of the Refs fucking up, anything the player says is firmly on him.

Ultimately I think it's the NFL's fault for making even a fucking coin toss a convoluted process. I still think it's possible Slater said (or meant to say) "We want THE kick" not "We want TO kick", based on the audio and Schefter's tweet.

harSon

Banned
It's not Butler's fault. He had to work with what he was given on defense, which isn't much. Frankly i'm surprised they performed this well this season.

There is no depth behind Tuitt and Heyward - the team gets gashed when Cam Thomas and McCullers have spot duty. Shazier blew too many calls at inopportunes time. Deebo started strong then fell off a cliff, Jarvis is a run defender only. Dupree had rookie pains galore. Then there's the corner play.

I was hoping that last week was an anomaly but if you can't get pressure on a QB with the team for 12 days and 80 percent of the starting o-line on IR there's not much your DC can do.

Even that said they held the Ratbirds to 20 points.

A lot of it is definitely Butler's fault. Blake and Allen are constantly getting reps despite being complete ass cheeks, and in Blake's case - he can't even take advantage of what he's known for, hitting, due to the fact that's he's fucking playing injured. If only we had somebody that we fucking traded for, who fucking makes plays every time he's in the damn game - yet can't seem to get more reps for whatever reason.

And as I said, playing off the receiver is not a legitimate scheme in this league. It's a recipe to lose. A smart coordinator would have played up on the receivers, forcing a young QB to make throws into tighter coverage - and blitzed/mixed up packages. We threw a simple ass defense at him, with soft ass coverage - and weren't able to take advantage of a young QB who had yet to learn the offense. It's not a coincidence that the second half of the game against the Broncos went the way it did.

Yes our personnel is definitely lacking, but there's no reason to make a bad situation worst with a shit defensive game plan. It seems like plenty of other coaches in this league are able to extract worthwhile defensive performances with depleted lineups, and that's because they don't set their players up to fail.

Trey

Incomplete or not, what kind of fucking God tier throw was that? That's a horrid decision from literally every other QB in the league.

1453398_10153805272083756_8321762541936525708_n.jpg

So did Slater see this option or something

Man the saints would be contenders every year even with a mediocre defense. Makes me sad the end of Brees career has been wasted like this.

There is no bigger fraud in NFL history than Bill Belichick. What's so damn sad is that people think Brady owes his success to this joker when its the other way around.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So now that B*lichick has confirmed that he wanted to kick, will the P*ts fans recant their tales of woe and be angry at their coach?

Top Bottom