• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

Star Wars fans are by and large well adjusted people who like to dip their toes into dorkdom for two hours once a decade and watch space people shoot each other in cool vehicles.

Star Trek fans are 45 year old obese white dudes who got the shit kicked out of them in high school, watch My Little Pony, argue endlessly about how much better the world would be if we just had one United Dweeb Federation, dream of that dudes beard tickling their virgin testicles and whose career aspirations are to go from grocery bagger to produce stocker (protip: just be happy they let you show your disgusting pock marked face in public...they aren't letting you touch the veggies)

Oh yes look at all these well adjusted adults

Yeah. Some people flipped their shit when I told them Kylo Ren
was a bratty incomplete force guy.

"No! He choked some guy, bro!
part of the reason I liked Ren, I enjoyed his tantrums. Him even acknowledging he is wasn't as strong as vader. Really liked him by the end of the movie, enough that I didn't want him to die. Exited for character development. The only thing that really surprised me about him is that when he took his mask off, he was the guy from that TV show GIRLS

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Star Wars fans are by and large well adjusted people who like to dip their toes into dorkdom for two hours once a decade and watch space people shoot each other in cool vehicles.

Star Trek fans are 45 year old obese white dudes who got the shit kicked out of them in high school, watch My Little Pony, argue endlessly about how much better the world would be if we just had one United Dweeb Federation, dream of that dudes beard tickling their virgin testicles and whose career aspirations are to go from grocery bagger to produce stocker (protip: just be happy they let you show your disgusting pock marked face in public...they aren't letting you touch the veggies)

spock-at-clone-wars-o.gif

Sanjuro

Yes I enjoy watching Star Trek and other space based TV Shows/Movies.

lol the whole thing is hilarious

Just don't be a dick to people who like the only reasons that franchise is still afloat somehow, and you are good.

They tried to get me to watch some version with a used car salesman alien in the main cast. Looked like low rent Fraggle Rock.

Just don't be a dick to people who like the only reasons that franchise is still afloat somehow, and you are good.

They tried to get me to watch some version with a used car salesman alien in the main cast. Looked like low rent Fraggle Rock.

Nah I would never,

Did you watch the rest of the Expanse?

Yes I did and I've enjoyed it so far though I fear it'll turn out like Battlestar Galactica, I enjoyed it until all the religious crap took over and I stopped watching.

squicken

@JoeFortenbaugh
Worth watching on Thursday night: Per @VicTafur, don't be surprised if you see vintage Michigan Charles Woodson (WR, DB, returner).

brentech

ODB going to be let off the hook, isn't he?

And we can officially just call him ODB now, right? He might be soft, but definitely a bastard.

Cody Wallace won't be suspended.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14428243/pittsburgh-steelers-center-cody-wallace-suspended-hit

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers center Cody Wallace will not be suspended for his late helmet hit on Broncos safety David Bruton Jr. in Sunday's 34-27 win, according to a source.

Wallace could be fined as part of the league's standard review process for discipline. Late hits result in an $8,861 fine, while a hit on a defenseless player merits a $23,152 fine. Wallace could be subject to either, depending how the league evaluates the hit.

With 1:49 left in the first quarter, Antonio Brown was being tackled after a reception when Broncos defensive end Malik Jackson hit Brown from the side. Wallace took exception to the hit and lunged into the play. Wallace said after the game that "their guy kind of took a shot at AB, so we really couldn't let that fly," according to Triblive.com.

Guard David DeCastro said Wednesday that he respects Wallace's efforts to be a good teammate but hits on players is a "fine line."

"You're trying to do what you can to protect [a player]," DeCastro said. "You've got to hone it in a little bit. ... It's hard to find that line. Not saying it's easy."

TheFatOne

Coughlin looks like absolute dogshit with this OBJ fiasco. Shit was inexcusable, and he's there trying to play it off like both sides should be blamed. Just embarrassing conference he had today. Guy is clearly making excuses to save his own ass. He needs OBJ to make the playoffs thus saving his ass.
Coughlin said:
"To depict this as Odell Beckham being wrong, and the only one who's wrong, is not right, it's not fair, it's not justice and it's not the way it was," Coughlin said. "If you're naive enough to think that way, then you'd better do some soul-searching yourself.

"Beckham certainly was wrong, and we've said he was wrong from day one. But there were factors involved, starting in pregame, which are well documented, which indicate that there was an attempt to provoke him. He was provoked. He was out of control, he was wrong, there's no doubt about that. You'd like that it didn't happen. But the fact of the matter is, the situation in the pregame with the baseball bat, and if you know what occurred at the very beginning of the game, you can understand that there were two sides to this and not just one."

No Coughlin he was clearly the only guy in the wrong in this situation. He lost his shit because the Panthers got into his head in the pregame. Other factors involved? Dude lost his shit to normal trash talking that goes on in the NFL. Then, the Giants desperately spin that pr machine to save OBJ. First it was the bats, and then the gay slurs. Coughlin and the Giants are desperately trying to make sure OBJ is not suspended with these bullshit ass excuses for him. All they are doing is enabling this moron to continue to act the way he has. He lost his shit and could have seriously hurt someone because he was so unhinged during the game. No excuses he should be suspended, and should have been suspended for the remainder of the season. Just embarrassing by Coughlin. Such a transparent attempt to save his own ass/job.

MechDX

OB was discussing Kurtis Drummond and continued to speak highly about Michigan State and Coach Mark Dantonio and his program. #Texans-

“There is something to be said about Michigan State.” OB on the way the player are coached and how they work hard.. #Texans
-Twitter

Reason why I keep saying the Texans will target Cook in the draft, not Hack

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
OB was discussing Kurtis Drummond and continued to speak highly about Michigan State and Coach Mark Dantonio and his program. #Texans--Twitter

Reason why I keep saying the Texans will target Cook in the draft, not Hack

He can sit behind Brees, Luck, Tanne, Matt and Savage

squicken

Something interesting I saw on ESPN about the Panthers this year. I knew their OL was better but not this good. Grain of salt and all that b/c it's a ratings metric, but it's two different systems that like them, for what that is worth

There is no argument that Palmer has a more talented group of wide receivers than Newton, but as Neil Hornsby of Pro Football Focus notes, that might be the only position where the Cardinals have the edge. According to PFF, Newton has the advantage at tight end, running back and on the offensive line.

At ESPN, we have our own set of metrics to grade out offensive lines and defenses. The Panthers rank third in ESPN's pass protection metric, which measures the percentage of plays the offense controls the line of scrimmage on dropbacks, while the Cardinals rank all the way down at 28th.

Defensively, both quarterbacks benefit from top-five defenses, but because of their NFL-high 35 turnovers forced, the Panthers' defense is contributing about two more points to the team's net scoring margin than that of the Cardinals. Newton should be praised for what he has done without a true No. 1 (or maybe even No. 2) wide receiver, but the rest of his team is as solid as they come.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/14426875/carson-palmer-strong-case-mvp-nfl

Top Bottom