• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

brentech

It's cute that you actually think that they do.;)
?
But that's what I was saying. If they're a part of the appeal process in a situation like this, as they have been many times, they clearly don't give any fucks.

cBj1LTf.png

?
But that's what I was saying. If they're a part of the appeal process in a situation like this, as they have been many times, they clearly don't give any fucks.

cBj1LTf.png
Ah, I misread your comment then. Apologies. Feel free to ignore.

An amusing tidbit - Beckham and Norman both made the pro-bowl.

KingBroly

Banned
So the League told the refs during the game that they can eject players and the League would support them if they did, but still didn't. Good lord.

Those refs need to be suspended and/or fired for that. Definitely investigate their background further because holy shit.

No one actually respects any of those guys I assumed. They are entertaining though.

I love them, always have... I don't think any of them are football geniuses more than the average man though (maybe Wes for his encyclopedic knowledge of football players and obscure 80s sitcom pop culture), but I think the show is really good, balanced, with a fair take on basically every team. Maybe too many inside jokes now that it's been on the air for a couple years.

I've always liked that the show doesn't kiss the ass of the NFL... or pretend a team is good or still in the hunt or anything. Prior to the podcast and ATL newsfeed, the only thing that NFL media put out would be positive things about each team, or pretending that the Thursday night game between Cleveland and JAcksonville would be a great game. It was so refreshing to listen to an NFL-sponsored podcast where the hosts would just be like "Ugh, who even wants to watch this garbage."

I've actually become a Browns fan because of Marc Sessler.

Line_HTX

I tried listening to their podcast, I think it was just basically a recap of the previous week, but I don't know if they're catchy or not... Maybe I'm listening to the wrong one but are they supposed to be funny?

Mike Sielski calling Alonso stupid is a step over the line.

Mike Sielski probably doesn't even know that Kiko Alonso doesn't speak English as his first language. The dude is very clearly not in shape for the NFL this season. He missed or was limited for almost the entirety of training camp. Then he missed five weeks at the beginning of the season. If Kiko is this bad next year after a full camp then I'd worry, but someone not being comeback player of the year after a major injury and minor re-injury doesn't bother me that much.

I wonder if Mike Sielski thinks Darren Sproles is also stupid because he speaks slowly in interviews.

squicken

Mike Sielski probably doesn't even know that Kiko Alonso doesn't speak English as his first language. The dude is very clearly not in shape for the NFL this season. He missed or was limited for almost the entirety of training camp. Then he missed five weeks at the beginning of the season. If Kiko is this bad next year after a full camp then I'd worry, but someone not being comeback player of the year after a major injury and minor re-injury doesn't bother me that much.

Part of the problem with Kiko is that he plays like a guy that doesn't want to hit, which is a problem for a linebacker. Graham said that is part of the recovery from a knee injury, so I'm not as miffed about that as with Murray and Maxwell. Kendricks is really the guy that I don't get. He just seems to have forgotten how to play football

RBH

NFL Hall of Famer Michael Irvin told The New York Daily News that Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has been the victim of homophobic taunts all season.

“He deals with it a lot,” Irvin said. “For some reason, everybody goes after him with gay slurs. He’s a different kind of dude. He has the hairdo out, he’s not the big muscular kind of dude. The ladies all love him. He’s a star. I wonder why people are going in that direction. It blows my mind. I told him he can’t let stuff that people say get to you.”

Panthers players reportedly directed anti-gay slurs and expletives at Beckham before the game. Beckham was penalized three times for unnecessary roughness in the Giants' loss. Beckham and Panthers cornerback Josh Norman were involved in several physical altercations during the game, culminating with a helmet-to-helmet hit initiated by Beckham in the third quarter.
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/23/michael-irvin-odell-beckham-taunted-gay-slurs-new-york-giants

Part of the problem with Kiko is that he plays like a guy that doesn't want to hit, which is a problem for a linebacker. Graham said that is part of the recovery from a knee injury, so I'm not as miffed about that as with Murray and Maxwell. Kendricks is really the guy that I don't get. He just seems to have forgotten how to play football

I don't think Kendricks has been bad overall, just had a few bad games. You never see him get picked on by QBs like either Alonso or Ryans do. He's been sloppy tackling in the run game in a few games, but in pass coverage he's been better than either of those two.

Hindl

Well yeah if he suffered two knee injuries this early in his career I'd expect him to be timid. I just hope he isn't permanently rattled. Kendricks is just weird tho.

On a side note I half hope the eagles lose out. Not for the draft picks but just so Billy D has no excuse to not be fired

squicken

Is it good or bad to get the "Play Like a Brown" belt?

e:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...d-rg-iii-for-how-he-has-handled-his-situation

Cool post on RG3's final days/weeks/months in WAS

Fans might have been divided; players weren't. Another said for some if there was any possible debate about who should start, it was between Cousins and Colt McCoy. But as another one said, "If we’re 2-12, everyone would have been like why the [bleep] did you make that decision?"

Many were drained the last two seasons answering so many questions about the quarterback when their true focus was on their opponent.

"The last thing you want is to answer questions about, 'Is Robert playing good enough? Should Kirk get a shot?'" Redskins corner DeAngelo Hall said. "Everyone has gotten on board with it. Robert’s done everything they’ve asked to help us win games."

That last bit is an issue for JFF. It's obvious teammates get sick of the questions. I kind of wonder what the market will be for Griffin. Maybe it will help him that the hype is gone

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ron Jaworski ‏@jawsespn 2m2 minutes ago NFL Films

BREAKING NEWS: Odell Beckham suspension to be OVERTURNED! (Per sources in NYC)

Wow!

eznark

Banned
Ron Jaworski ‏@jawsespn 2m2 minutes ago NFL Films

BREAKING NEWS: Odell Beckham suspension to be OVERTURNED! (Per sources in NYC)

Wow!

We thought about player safety....then we thought about the millions of dollars we make w/ fantasy football and.....GAME ON YOUNG MAN!

Don't go jumping to it just yet:

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 2m2 minutes ago
From what I've been told, Giants have yet to hear anything from the league regarding Odell Beckham Jr.'s appeal hearing.
The wait continues.

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 1m1 minute ago
If there was a decision, Ben McAdoo knows nothing about it #Giants #Beckham

@jawsespn
Sorry, Still waiting on final OFFCIAL release on OBJ. I'll leave the reporting to our true pro insiders @mortreport and @AdamSchefter

:jnc

Top Bottom