• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

Sanjuro

cjWeIdO.gif

Evening everyone.

Hey Floyd, Toledo got their 10 wins

My mother's sort of Alma mater made her proud.

Where is BLarry, I forget to tell him he's a clown for saying Ed Reed is a better DB than Charles Woodson, Ed Reed can only playing fuckin FS, Sir Charles can play every DB position. Woodson excelled at CB and at SS/FS. Fuck you BLarry.

Charles Woodson is in contention for best DB of all time.

I know nobody gives a shit about college football, but he is the ONLY defensive player EVER to win the Heisman.

Charles%20Woodson.jpeg

And he won that Heisman by also being a special teams weapon. The man was a fantastic athlete.

Sorry Larry,

Woodson > Reed.

Bionic went to Oberlin?

Trek>Star Wars Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!!!!

How the fuck did I know you were a Trekkie. How the fuck did I know in my gut.

One of the few cool things from Trek is Ricardo Montalban as Khan. Man.. He's so fucking cool.

See, this is what spawned Brady. Right here is the shit. Michigan, home to Fielding Yost, the Ty Cobb of coaching and has graduate Trump supporter Tom Brady.

Michigan. Champions of Racism and mediocrity.

ATNFL is boring dreck from guys with zero personality.

It's just like the NFL's studio shows - no conflict, no independent thought. Just getting as much balanced information out as possible, but from four geeks not good looking enough for TV.

Man I miss Sapp. He was a real shit human being but he was great Television. Didn't shine up his opinion for anybody.

Eh, I find no entertainment from a bunch of people making nonsense comments yelling over each other. I like that the NFL ATL guys will disagree on something, one makes a point, then the other, then they just move on.

I also like that they can actually agree on things, instead of the TV crews where one person has to take one perspective, one can take another perspective just for forced disagreements... like, when one guy is picking Atlanta to beat Carolina because "this is the week!" "Oh no! They're the best they won't lose!" It's just horrible.

squicken

Chip Kelly wears out his defense- they have run 993 snaps (71 per game) Seahawks only 59 per game @ScottEnyeart - @DavisHsu

His first year was the year he had his best offense, and the defense lead the league in plays against. Last year CLE had more. This year, they again lead the league, but it's 993 to the Giants' 972.

But I agree he needs to adapt. My biggest issue is he doesn't even have a mechanism to do this, really. They never huddle. The QB cannot call a play. There's no language to do it. Just hand signals from the sidelines. Chip says the QB can audible but no one really knows since he lies a lot

Line_HTX

ATNFL is boring dreck from guys with zero personality.

It's just like the NFL's studio shows - no conflict, no independent thought. Just getting as much balanced information out as possible, but from four geeks not good looking enough for TV.

Man I miss Sapp. He was a real shit human being but he was great Television. Didn't shine up his opinion for anybody.

I knew that Narag's podcast recommendation was shit. That sunnovabitch.

Fucking dogs man.

I came home to my dog completely spazzed out. A fire alarm in my house was low on battery, and instead of just beeping it plays audio that says "battery low" and apparently that is dog for "a monster is in your house and it's coming to kill you". She only knocked over a few things upstairs so no big deal.

I sat down at my desk after cleaning up, and go to type, and I realize there is a huge puddle of urine on top of my desk. She must have climbed onto my desk during her freakout and pissed all over out of fear. I had the pleasure of putting my forearms in it. I just sanitized the fuck out of all of my shit.

Hindl

His first year was the year he had his best offense, and the defense lead the league in plays against. Last year CLE had more. This year, they again lead the league, but it's 993 to the Giants' 972.

But I agree he needs to adapt. My biggest issue is he doesn't even have a mechanism to do this, really. They never huddle. The QB cannot call a play. There's no language to do it. Just hand signals from the sidelines. Chip says the QB can audible but no one really knows since he lies a lot

I get the whole package play theory where any play can go out in a bunch of different ways depending on how the defense is set, but I do wish the QB audibled more. It is getting frustrating. I think I saw a glimpse of Sam audibling in the Cardinals game, but I could've been imagining this. Hopefully this season as a whole is a big wake-up call to Chip.

Everyone's still talking about the Giants game, we off that now.

Let's talk this bench player in Atlanta talking like a starter.

How's Roddy White gonna talk shit when Josh Norman's caught more touchdowns than he has?

How's Roddy White gonna talk shit when Ted Ginn Jr. drops more touchdown passes per game than he's caught in a season?

How's Roddy White gonna talk shit when the Falcons have scored 3 points in the last 8 quarters against the Panthers?

Someone riddle me that. RBH riddle me that.

This entire week has been comedic gold if you live in the Greater NJ/NY area and listen to sports radio to hear the reactions to these idiots who thing Odell did nothing wrong.

MRSA

Banned
"JDR: Mario Edwards suffered a " significant" neck injury. Uncertain if surgery is required, shutting him down is what's best for the player"

damn hope it's not career threatening. dude was beasting last few weeks.

Got the news. Hopefully he can fully recover.

ampere

Riddle me this Grover. Why are you a fan of the great Red Sox, but you refuse to come fully to our side with the Pats and Celtics?

Why

RBH

How's Roddy White gonna talk shit when Josh Norman's caught more touchdowns than he has?

How's Roddy White gonna talk shit when Ted Ginn Jr. drops more touchdown passes per game than he's caught in a season?

How's Roddy White gonna talk shit when the Falcons have scored 3 points in the last 8 quarters against the Panthers?

I've never taken Roddy's mouth seriously throughout his career, and I suggest that you nor Bowser shouldn't either.

He was able to back up his talk for 10 years, don't forget. Not a small feat.

But not now.

I get the whole package play theory where any play can go out in a bunch of different ways depending on how the defense is set, but I do wish the QB audibled more. It is getting frustrating. I think I saw a glimpse of Sam audibling in the Cardinals game, but I could've been imagining this. Hopefully this season as a whole is a big wake-up call to Chip.
Why would this be a wake up for chip? They took a chance on Austin and it didn't work out. The guys who filled in well on the ol last year played worse this year, but no one could have predicted that. Re sign Bradford and get some guards in free agency and things will be much better next year.

kmag

I can't believe Jaws broke my trust like that...christmas is ruined

props to his agent and Giants PR

If you knew the Giants PR guy, Pat Hanlon then it's almost certainly not him who wrote that. He's a great guy when it comes to fan access and charity stuff, but he's er a bit tetchy. That seems far too contrite to have came from the Giants PR.

Heres a taste of Hanlons work from 2011 on twitter. He's just as tetchy to the NY press.

10. Hanlon: The last proclamation out of Philly that meant anything was a Declaration in 1776.

9. @BarstoolScott: On paper they ARE worse. no matter who signs your checks.

Hanlon: We don't play on paper. You know what you can do w/ that paper?

8. @bbhkf78: All teams need to rebuild at one point, I'm not going to panic until the season begins.

Hanlon: Rebuild my ass! I got your rebuild.

7. @Ste"enMurray10: Can you say definitively the Giants are better than last year?

Hanlon: Can you say we're worse, knucklehead?

6. Hanlon: This is great. We usually get to play two regular season games before people tell us we aren't worth a s---.

5. Hanlon: The fantasy football gurus are king right now. Enjoy it while it lasts. Eventually you have to line up and actually play the game.

4. @AGruber73: because the giants are making barely any noise while the eagles are "the dream team."

Hanlon: A lot noisemakers end up in the ditch.

3. @moltisanti5: sorry pat no way u can put a positive spin on what went down with smith! (I)n 29 years never been so disappointed.

Hanlon: Sleep it off.

2. @gmen8069: your job is to be a company man but how can Giants fans be excited when they did nothing.

Hanlon: You like winning? Sit tight.

1. Hanlon: I'm angry about a lot of things, but I could give a s--- about the proclamations at end of the Turnpike.

Dragon

Banned

Blah blah blah. The Panthers constantly talk shit. White may be a bit player now but doesn't preclude him from calling a spade a spade.

Blah blah blah. The Panthers constantly talk shit. White may be a bit player now but doesn't preclude him from calling a spade a spade.

I didn't say they didn't. Josh Norman runs his mouth way too damn much. But that is who he is and that it is why's so good at what he does.

It's still foolish for White to try and qualify why a guy has been WAAAAAAAY BETTER at his job this year than he has with stuff like "but they play a lot of Cover 2" as if that completely eliminates Norman's job.

Roddy should worry about getting catches.

effzee

Why would this be a wake up for chip? They took a chance on Austin and it didn't work out. The guys who filled in well on the ol last year played worse this year, but no one could have predicted that. Re sign Bradford and get some guards in free agency and things will be much better next year.

I think b they need 2 starter level guards, tons more depth for an aging LT, and speed at RB. Mathews, DeMarco, and Sproles aren't all coming back and even if they are they aren't speed demons.

This D is going to be limited due to the# of snaps and how they play offense but at least it can be much better of the offense isn't middle of the pack. Oh and they desperately need Hicks back and healthy. Never thought I'd say that in a million years. Kiko has been a huge bust but maybe in his 2nd season after his ACL tear he regains form.

I'm not sure if I want Bradford back or rather make a push to acquire RG3 or Kaep. I do think with Kaep and to a lesser degree RG3 the offense will be as dynamic as it was when Vick was at the helm.

Hindl

I agree, I like Bradford, and he's better than anyone else available. He made some nice throws against the Cardinals and he's taken a ton of shots. I agree that we need to beef up the line, try to nab a FA WR and build from there. But his offense has become predictable, which is fine if the players can execute. He schemes people to get open, so even if the Defense knows what's coming, it wouldn't matter if everyone runs their routes appropriately. But his players aren't executing properly, either due to confusion or a lack of talent, and eventually he needs to adapt and try something different with the talent that he has. I still support Chip, but he needs to grow as a HC and if something isn't working, try to do something different. Great coaches adapt to their players skills and try to make something work. I believe he can do it, but he can learn some things from this season.

Top Bottom