• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

Hope all you degenerates had a great Christmas. Got some clothes, a Carbonite Han Solo keychain, Darth Vader slippers, R2-D2 POP figure, and a Razor Ramon figure.

Mindlog

Artillery shell fireworks are awesome.
Especially when you start tying their fuses together in groups of 3-5 tubes.
"Those motherfuckers down the way think they have fireworks? Hold up. Let's put this to rest."
Surprised more haven't been hurt yet :jnc

The gamesmanship with fireworks has surpassed the Christmas Light decoration gimmick in most places I visit. Those tent operators must make some serious bank.

Malalaw

Especially when you start tying their fuses together in groups of 3-5 tubes.
"Those motherfuckers down the way think they have fireworks? Hold up. Let's put this to rest."
Surprised more haven't been hurt yet :jnc

The gamesmanship with fireworks has surpassed the Christmas Light decoration gimmick in most places I visit. Those tent operators must make some serious bank.

Hell yeah they do. Got about 150 bucks worth of everything.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Calvin Johnson may have to take pay cut to remain with Detroit Lions

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson still is a good football player. His 1,000 yards this year, which rank 15th in the league, is evidence to that.

But he's just not an elite player anymore. That, or his usage isn't elite. Either way, therein lies the problem.

Because he's paid to be elite.

Johnson has done it in workmanlike fashion, too. He's among the earliest arriving players every day, and puts in his work without ever saying much. Then he's gone out there on game days and done things no one ever has before, at least in a Lions uniform.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...ay_have_to_tak.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Much more at the link that I'd advise any NFL fan to read regarding Megatron's future.

1.) He still gets shadowed or covered by a safety every play making it easier for guys like Golden Tate or Eric Ebron to get open.

2.) His contract was light on the initial financial yearly payments when he was breaking records. So, IIRC, he was getting $8-10 Million a year when he broke Jerry Rice's record and from some of his comments, and as a player, he may have a quarrel with that.

So he, as a player, probably thinks he's getting screwed over despite his performance.

3.) I said it before, unless we get multiple high round picks, he should retire a Lion and be part of the Super Bowl contending teams we will have in the coming years.

Go the Larry Fitzgerald route, ride out the storm, for the fruits will blossom via passes from Matthew Stafford.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford is fatter than kas

You need to bulk to put on that muscle.

Take a pay cut? Sorry Kas he ain't coming back. He gonna be Brady's new Moss

Which begs the question, then who is going to take his contract and how many picks do we get from the New England Patriots?

He may take a pay cut depending on how the contract is structured.

Say what you want about the Detroit Lions, but the Ford family and franchise as a whole, has been great and loyal to our all time greats.

So if the Ford family offer Megatron a 4 year contract that has financial compensation those last two years, I'm sure the Ford's will stick by the contract as will Megatron.

Fireworks for what?

It's America. Every state has (on a bad year) only 50 families that will take any excuse to set off fireworks. Including any and every holiday.

Guarantee somewhere in the country, minimum 3 households set off fireworks on Pearl Harbor's anniversary this year

My neighbors set off some once every day on MLK Jr. Day weekend (yes, weekend, not even just on the actual holiday)

Which begs the question, then who is going to take his contract and how many picks do we get from the New England Patriots?

He may take a pay cut depending on how the contract is structured.

Say what you want about the Detroit Lions, but the Ford family and franchise as a whole, has been great and loyal to our all time greats.

So if the Ford family offer Megatron a 4 year contract that has financial compensation those last two years, I'm sure the Ford's will stick by the contract as will Megatron.
If Megatron is loyal he'll stay. But don't know if most players now are loyal.

Line_HTX

Hey JonJon, please gift me more bottles of 2011 Maximin Grünhäuser Abtsberg Riesling Spätlese. This shit is so much better than any red wine and I love instantly downing whole glasses of them.

Heh heh heh hehhh..

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If Megatron is loyal he'll stay. But don't know if most players now are loyal.

That's the thing, Megatron seems unbelievably loyal.

You see OBJ throwing his helmet, asking for the cameras like Dez Bryant? Regardless of what happened pre game, to which there are varied reports, OBJ is a primadonna WR and I would not want him in the Lions locker room personally.

Megatron never did that, whether his QB was Jon Kitna, Dan Orlowsky or Drew Stanton. He always went about his business and never, ever threw his team under the bus or demanded a trade.

Players with that sort of team mentaltly and humbleness rarely come along and the Detroit Lions have three with Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson and now Matthew Stafford.

It's not a matter of players being loyal. If NFL players weren't always fucked over in contract's I think they'd be more loyal save diva queens like Odell Beckham Jr. Or Dez Bryant.

jakncoke

Banned
Calvin Johnson deserves a chance at a playoff win, therefore the Ford family should be nice and let him walk. Stafford will have to settle for CFL playoff wins.

TheFatOne

Calvin Johnson may have to take pay cut to remain with Detroit Lions

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...ay_have_to_tak.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Much more at the link that I'd advise any NFL fan to read regarding Megatron's future.

1.) He still gets shadowed or covered by a safety every play making it easier for guys like Golden Tate or Eric Ebron to get open.

2.) His contract was light on the initial financial yearly payments when he was breaking records. So, IIRC, he was getting $8-10 Million a year when he broke Jerry Rice's record and from some of his comments, and as a player, he may have a quarrel with that.

So he, as a player, probably thinks he's getting screwed over despite his performance.

3.) I said it before, unless we get multiple high round picks, he should retire a Lion and be part of the Super Bowl contending teams we will have in the coming years.

Go the Larry Fitzgerald route, ride out the storm, for the fruits will blossom via passes from Matthew Stafford.
You are delusional if you think this Lions team is going to be contending for a super bowl any time soon. They still don't have a qb capable of even winning the division let alone go on a super bowl run. It's clear at this point Stafford is not the guy. Pinning your hopes and dreams on him is pretty stupid. Lions are a long long way before even contending for the super bowl.

Edit: They also lack the coaching.

bionic77

Calvin Johnson deserves a chance at a playoff win, therefore the Ford family should be nice and let him walk. Stafford will have to settle for CFL playoff wins.
What is the order of worth between CFL, XFL and NFL championship?

Since there was only one XFL season I value that the highest because it means the champs are the champs forever.

Next comes NFL because it has the best talent.

After that I can't decide between a CFL championship, a pre-SB high school championship or the aluminum foil championship belt I made as a kid for whoever was the best at ping pong or street fighter (we had tournaments).

jakncoke

Banned

Since there was only one XFL season I value that the highest because it means the champs are the champs forever.

After that I can't decide between a CFL championship, a pre-SB high school championship or the aluminum foil championship belt I made as a kid for whoever was the best at ping pong or street fighter (we had tournaments).

Not to mention Tommy Gunn Maddox was the XFL MVP!

I got an RG3 jersey

How much are those going for at goodwill, is it under or over the titanic vhs tapes?

CFL > College FB National Championship > NFL Europe Championship > NFL Pre-Season Champions > NFL Off-Season Champions > NFL Arrests Leaders > pre-black people high school championships

Where does my home made belt fit on this scale?

Probably somewhere between CFB natty and NFL Europe. Actually it might have more value than the CFB natty

I have reasonable evidence on hand to suggest that Grover is in fact a Patriot sleeper cell agent.

tumblr_lfh3tncM7W1qdlkgg.gif

You can't spout some crazy shit like this out and defile my name without getting fact checked biiiiiitch.

bionic77

I have reasonable evidence on hand to suggest that Grover is in fact a Patriot sleeper cell agent.
I would rather be accused of being a weird anime (officially the weirdest type of weirdo) or the worst kind of criminal scum then be called a bitchboy for the Pats.

If this was the 70s Grover would have slapped the fuck out of you with a perfumed glove and then you would have had to duel with big ass revolvers to the death.

Bread

Banned
fact: grovo trump confirmed the pats' 03 super bowl title as well as my status as honorary black

he's a close friend and i support him

Top Bottom