• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

JABEE

Not watching. What is going on?

He was saying the Eagles are not a good team and that they are making the same mistakes they made in week 1 and 2.

Bradford said he wants to come back, because he does not want to go to a situation where he would need to learn a new offense.

squicken

He was saying the Eagles are not a good team and that they are making the same mistakes they made in week 1 and 2.

Bradford said he wants to come back, because he does not want to go to a situation where he would need to learn a new offense.

Yeah I found some of the comments. Also said the Eagles never made a contract offer, which refutes what was reported in the offseason. I'm not sure the media has got one rumor right with Chip other than the Lurie/Murray thing. Chip doesn't play the Jeff Fisher media game

MechDX

Why you shaking your head?
brandon-weeden-122015-getty-ftr-usjpg_wzguc52laher1krnxxkkutjgr.jpg

The Weed needs your support

squicken

It's weird to read this, b/c Reuben has not been a Bradford fan all year. People will always remember the miss to Ertz and Algholor (they still scored at least there), but there must have been 8 balls that the Eagles had two hands on and didn't catch. I only remember WAS with one

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/10-observations-eagles-redskins-4

3. I still honestly have no clue how to evaluate Sam Bradford. Hard to ask for any more than he gave Saturday night. Threw for 380 yards and a touchdown and got no help. None. There are so many moving parts to this story. Does Chip want him back? And at what price? Does Bradford even want to come back here next year? And who else will pursue him? And at what price? And what are the options? Maybe Chip is intrigued by Robert Griffin III or Colin Kaepernick. Bradford’s numbers were very good Saturday night. But when you take into account all the drops, the lack of help from his offensive line and the absence of a running game, they were very impressive. He didn’t get the Eagles a win, but I’m not sure what else he could have done.

4. I would love to see what Bradford could do with the receivers Kirk Cousins has. They are just such non-factors. Somebody tweeted to me Saturday night asking if Todd Pinkston were available, and the sad truth is Pink would be the Eagles’ second-best receiver right now behind Jordan Matthews. The scary thing is the Eagles have devoted so many resources to restocking the wide receiver position after cutting ties with DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. A second-round pick and a third-round pick last year on Jordan Matthews and Josh Huff and a first-round pick this year on Nelson Agholor. Not to mention some guaranteed money on Miles Austin. The Eagles have too many needs to keep drafting wide receivers with premium draft picks, so they just have to hope Agholor can blossom next year and somehow Huff can finally take that next step. Because whoever is playing quarterback for this team next year deserves an NFL-caliber group of wideouts. They didn’t have one this year.

squicken

Tim McManus ‏@Tim_McManus
Malcolm Jenkins asked if he and Kiko Alonso were on different pages on the Thompson TD: "No. That's Kiko's guy."

welp. Might be some fun times for the Philly press corps in the coming weeks

MechDX

No matter what actually happens the way this season has unfolded league wide should make for a fun and entertaining off season.

Head coaches fired, salary cap rising, so many teams needing QB's, draft class not looking that spectacular. And if the Patriots win another Super Bowl.....all hell will break loose.

squicken

No matter what actually happens the way this season has unfolded league wide should make for a fun and entertaining off season.

Head coaches fired, salary cap rising, so many teams needing QB's, draft class not looking that spectacular.

Yeah Black Monday is always the start of the fun stuff. I don't feel bad; those coaches get millions to not work. Can't wait for all the leaks about McDaniels being real particular about which job he takes

KingBroly

Banned
Dammit squicken. Bradford is not going to Houston.

No, just no. After the entire Mallett fiasco O'Brien won't take another risk like that.

Brees and Cook is my guess

Brees is probably going to follow Payton, wherever he goes. Unless he retires, which he probably should. I just can't see Houston getting anyone decent in the offseason as too many people have other favorites and picks to choose from. RG3 could go to Jacksonville for all we know. Will we ever know what happened to him during the final year? Probably, because RG3 is a talkative guy.

Kaepernick is going to Philly, though. Kelly never wanted Bradford for anything other than trade bait for Mariota and he got burned by trying to be the smartest guy in the room. Unless Chip trades himself to the Titans.

MechDX

Brees is probably going to follow Payton, wherever he goes. Unless he retires, which he probably should. I just can't see Houston getting anyone decent in the offseason as too many people have other favorites and picks to choose from. RG3 could go to Jacksonville for all we know. Will we ever know what happened to him during the final year? Probably, because RG3 is a talkative guy.

Kaepernick is going to Philly, though. Kelly never wanted Bradford for anything other than trade bait for Mariota and he got burned by trying to be the smartest guy in the room. Unless Chip trades himself to the Titans.

Revolutionary.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How awkward would it be if the stars aligned and the impossible happened and the Redskins won the Owl?

It'd be amazing to listen to the clusterfuck of coverage what with the Redskins name and all. It was easier for everyone when they were the worst team in the division.

I kinda want to see this happen!

KingBroly

Banned
Crazy the NFC East division. Great fun this year.

Who knew Cousins > Romo or Manning or Bradford

Romo would've won the division, but that team got destroyed by injuries.

The Giants and Eagles were just too inconsistent all year, although the Giants are arguably a more dangerous team.

The Redskins were just the quiet child who wanted to do his best this year, hoping to maybe steal one here or there and build for next year. But we took advantage of a bad situation and pulled a fast one on everyone else.

MechDX

How awkward would it be if the stars aligned and the impossible happened and the Redskins won the Owl?

It'd be amazing to listen to the clusterfuck of coverage what with the Redskins name and all. It was easier for everyone when they were the worst team in the division.

I kinda want to see this happen against a Brandon Weeden lead Texans team

Finished off your comment for you.

KingBroly

Banned

I kinda want to see this happen!

That'd be all kinds of fucked up and hilarious at the same time. It's not happening though, but I'd like it if we did win it. I'm not sweating it though...until we get up on some playoff team. Then I'm going to the ER.

squicken

Kirk gave Redskins something new and exciting to cheer about. That's not something a lot can say.

I like the way he played. I am not dumping on the guy. But they did not beat a team with a winning record all year. And it isn't like he played well in those games they did play good teams. He has good weapons. OL has been healthy by NFL standards. He has had a Flacco-type contract year

They still should sign him and work on that defense

Drakeon

Yeah Black Monday is always the start of the fun stuff. I don't feel bad; those coaches get millions to not work. Can't wait for all the leaks about McDaniels being real particular about which job he takes

... Can't wait for another year of mediocrity under Tomsula >_> Maybe mediocrity is being too generous. At least they're giving Hayne a shot on Sunday.

Gregg Rosenthal said the Niners were the worst 4-10 he'd seen on the last ATN and I honestly can't say he's wrong given the last two weeks.

KingBroly

Banned
I like the way he played. I am not dumping on the guy. But they did not beat a team with a winning record all year. And it isn't like he played well in those games they did play good teams. He has good weapons. OL has been healthy by NFL standards. He has had a Flacco-type contract year

They still should sign him and work on that defense

I was responding to the 'after the catchphrase' stats pic. I think we've played mostly consistent all year. If you said the Redskins were ranked 16th or 17th in the NFL, I'd agree, since I think we're as middle of the road as it gets right now.

I think on defense we need a bit of defensive back and linebacker work. We need youth at those positions badly.

squicken

... Can't wait for another year of mediocrity under Tomsula >_> Maybe mediocrity is being too generous. At least they're giving Hayne a shot on Sunday.

Gregg Rosenthal said the Niners were the worst 4-10 he'd seen on the last ATN and I honestly can't say he's wrong given the last two weeks.

They got blown out by the Browns haha. I would be so pissed if I were a 49ers fan. I think Harbs deserves heat for messing up the QB spot, but siding with Baalke while the talent got worse, and doubling down with Tomsula ...

At least you don't have Jeff Fisher for the next 10 years

Top Bottom