• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I can't look at myself! I hate that when I make a post it takes me to that post so I can see this hideous avatar.

I'm so upset. But I'm a man of honour and will continue to post regularly and not cower away for a week.

You're beautiful to me Kave

Hindl

To me, that stat just underlines the fact that the Eagles should have completely run away with the division this year. People thought it was going to be down to the wire between them and Dallas again. Romo going out effectively killed Dallas' chances, what was the Eagles excuse this year? I mean even if they make it into the playoffs they are a worse team than they were last year. You can't call it anything other than a very disappointing season given their potential.

There was a ton of potential, but also a ton of risks, as several analysts noted while Chip was making all these just-might-be-crazy-enough-to-work deals. Most of them didn't plan out, so it blew up in his face. Simple as that

Spinluck

This is the only time I'll say this so you should pay attention...Listen to what Bread says. Get a bone and get Madden.

You can't distract me with your recipes, Xbone is for the real football aficionados.

And bread.

You, Bread, and Mech are the fucking worst.

Everyone knows that PS4 is the official console of NFLGAF, but nooooooooo, you rebellious teen angst fucks had to go and get an Xbone to split the community. I cannot believe I might get a Bone now before it drops to its rightful price of $150.

bionic77

This Fire Emblem talk reminds me of one of my friends in college telling me about the series. He was from Hong Kong and had pirated like every game that was every created and 50% of those that hadn't. I told him to STFU about Fire Emblem belonging in the conversation of it belonging with CT and FF6 (these games were actually pretty recent or new when we talked about this, yes I am old). He persisted and confidently said it was his favorite series and that he liked it more than CT.

Fast forward 10 years and I saw that shit in law school for the GBA in a Best Buy and the name rang a bell so I bought it and rarely have I played a more awesome or addicting game. It was the only game that was awesome enough that I could play it until the GBA battery ran out. Glad the series finally got mainstream recognition on the 3DS. Crazy how something so awesome went unrecognized for so long.

And last comment on Star Wars for the afternoon.

I was talking about the movie with one of the guys who I grew up and who also was obsessed with Star Wars. We realized that not even knowing it we had waited our entire lives for this movie. The fact that it lived up to the hype is amazing and is blowing my mind.

http://youtu.be/6Mt0ee9FraQ

It's come down to this.. PD vs Me for the Freeman in the Taco Bell League.

Time to bring a fake championship to the Cleve.

I'm so losing to PD, the man somehow keeps winning. It's down to Kave to bring one home. Come on Kave.

Good Luck fellas!!

Also thank you CT for allowing me to participate. Would love to get invited back next year.

Now back to MLB and defend my NeoGaf Title!!

Hindl

Fire Emblem Fates

Not to brag, but I preordered the SE from Best Buy with that GCU as soon as it popped up lol. Can't wait till next year.

Also, speaking of Fire Emblem I finally got my friend to play his first SRPG and convinced him to start with FE7 (the one with Lyn/Hector/Eliwood) and he's in love with it. Everyone should play Fire Emblem.

Good shit. FE7 is still my favorite in the series, though Awakening did some cool stuff

Good Luck fellas!!

Also thank you CT for allowing me to participate. Would love to get invited back next year.

Now back to MLB and defend my NeoGaf Title!!

Of course, I'll send out the auto renew emails after it ends, whoever wants back in can renew. I'll make a post about the finals later this week.

Draxal

This Fire Emblem talk reminds me of one of my friends in college telling me about the series. He was from Hong Kong and had pirated like every game that was every created and 50% of those that hadn't. I told him to STFU about Fire Emblem belonging in the conversation of it belonging with CT and FF6 (these games were actually pretty recent or new when we talked about this, yes I am old). He persisted and confidently said it was his favorite series and that he liked it more than CT.

Fast forward 10 years and I saw that shit in law school for the GBA in a Best Buy and the name rang a bell so I bought it and rarely have I played a more awesome or addicting game. It was the only game that was awesome enough that I could play it until the GBA battery ran out. Glad the series finally got mainstream recognition on the 3DS. Crazy how something so awesome went unrecognized for so long.

I was talking about the movie with one of the guys who I grew up and who also was obsessed with Star Wars. We realized that not even knowing it we had waited our entire lives for this movie. The fact that it lived up to the hype is amazing and is blowing my mind.

He was probably talking about FE 4, which was an amazing game

Good shit. FE7 is still my favorite in the series, though Awakening did some cool stuff

I liked some things Awakening did and I wasn't big on others. Map design/enemy placement wasn't as strong as some other FE games, but I liked the story and create a character stuff.

FE6 is my favorite, followed by 7 and 9.

bionic77

Back then, games came complete on disc and didn't require day-0 patches to fix game breaking bugs.
These kids today don't know shit.

They play the same dumbed down shooters 5 times a year and think that is gaming.

PS2 and SNES are still the only two consoles in the conversation for GOAT. The diversity of the PS2 has probably only been matched or at least rivaled by the DS.

Spinluck

I hope this trilogy holds up as a whole, 3rd movie might not be the hardest in the trilogy. I think this first film got that out the way so there is hope.

You, Bread, and Mech are the fucking worst.

Everyone knows that PS4 is the official console of NFLGAF, but nooooooooo, you rebellious teen angst fucks had to go and get an Xbone to split the community. I cannot believe I might get a Bone now before it drops to its rightful price of $150.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Xbone is the official console of the NFL, where better to send your money than into the pockets of Roger Goodell and the NFL owners? Do it.

DMczaf

These kids today don't know shit.

They play the same dumbed down shooters 5 times a year and think that is gaming.

PS2 and SNES are still the only two consoles in the conversation for GOAT. The diversity of the PS2 has probably only been matched or at least rivaled by the DS.

SNES, PS1, N64 and PS2 for me.

Fuck, that N64-PS1 generation was insane with the amount of depth in every genre. Sports, Adventure, RPG, Action, Shooty Shoots, Fighting.

Fuck.

bionic77

I hope this trilogy holds up as a whole, 3rd movie might not be the hardest in the trilogy. I think this first film got that out the way so there is hope.
Too early to say if even this movie holds up.

But it made me feel good again. And that is worth its weight in gold!

bionic77

SNES, PS1, N64 and PS2 for me.

Fuck, that N64-PS1 generation was insane with the amount of depth in every genre. Sports, Adventure, RPG, Action, Shooty Shoots, Fighting.

Fuck.
N64 and PS1 win for pure excitement and novelty.

Everything was brand new and for the first time that gen. But it was also raw as fuck too. Just like with the NES.

The PS2, like the SNES, nailed that shit down to a science.

We have been playing almost the exact same games every since...

squicken

I'm not sure how the PS2 would be in the conversation for GOAT when the OG XBOX was the better console of that generation.

I liked some things Awakening did and I wasn't big on others. Map design/enemy placement wasn't as strong as some other FE games, but I liked the story and create a character stuff.

FE6 is my favorite, followed by 7 and 9.
I think FEs like 6 and 7 are clearly tighter more balanced games than FE:A but I still prefer Awakening as a total package. There is just so much to love, it felt like a dream game to me the entire time I played it.

Speaking of FE6, I was playing that earlier this year, I need to pick it back up. I got to a side chapter in the teens (can't remember for sure) where there are magic users everywhere with long range attacks, berserk, etc. I'm not just talking one or two guys either, I'm talking all over the map, and on top of that more will come in as reinforcements throughout the fight and peg you from about 10 tiles away. It's not that I can't beat it but damn is it annoying as hell, one of the few times I've felt that way about a FE map.

DMczaf

I'm not sure how the PS2 would be in the conversation for GOAT when the OG XBOX was the better console of that generation.

OG Xbox introduced paying for online play, DLC and patches.

It's basically The Phantom Menace of consoles. (in terms of plot, not movie quality)

jakncoke

Banned

Sure if you only cared about graphics, the sheer amount of games ps2 had i dunno how one could hate on it beside salty sega fans

Godslay

Banned
But like Godslay said. Winners win dinners, $$$$

Blitz & NBA Jam!! $50 a game!!

Lunch Money!!

The SF2 Turbo / MKII / Virtua Fighter era was the best.

There used to be these arcades in Denver called Boardwalk USA. You'd pay $20, and they would charge up this credit card for unlimited play all day long. I swear I lived in that arcade as a kid, and my mom would drop me off at like noon and pick me up at like 10 PM. Those were the days of having fun, and not realizing that parents couldn't get away with that these days.

Draxal

I think FEs like 6 and 7 are clearly tighter more balanced games than FE:A but I still prefer Awakening as a total package. There is just so much to love, it felt like a dream game to me the entire time I played it.

Speaking of FE6, I was playing that earlier this year, I need to pick it back up. I got to a side chapter in the teens (can't remember for sure) where there are magic users everywhere with long range attacks, berserk, etc. I'm not just talking one or two guys either, I'm talking all over the map, and on top of that more will come in as reinforcements throughout the fight and peg you from about 10 tiles away. It's not that I can't beat it but damn is it annoying as hell, one of the few times I've felt that way about a FE map.

Thing with 6 and 7 is that they considered huge downgrades over 4 and 5. I really wish we can get a proper 4 redone, but that dream is over.

The SF2 Turbo / MKII / Virtua Fighter era was the best.

There used to be these arcades in Denver called Boardwalk USA. You'd pay $20, and they would charge up this credit card for unlimited play all day long. I swear I lived in that arcade as a kid, and me mom would drop my off at like noon and pick me up at like 10 PM. Those were the days of having fun, and not realizing that parents couldn't get away with that these days.

Yup so this!! And the variety of games were way larger than it is now. Also what I'd like then compare to now is the amount of friendship was being made.

Top Bottom