• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

Bread

Banned
CXatn9_WMAE9Qar.png:large

e:corrected
damn, poor guy had to go up against butler :(

Today I had a warm fuzzy feeling that I hadn't felt in a very long time. I was listening to the Around the NFL podcast when they got to the Dolphins/Colts game. The "recap" of the game was a quick rundown of the crazy stuff that would have to happen for the Colts to get into the playoffs, with no mention of the actual game itself or the Dolphins. In the past this casual dismissal of my scrappy team would have upset me, after all they were good enough to hang around in just about every game, and this might be the year they make a big playoff push! Instead, I felt the warm embrace of acceptance. Acceptance that my team is a pile of shit and a bottom-dweller in the league, acceptance that this likely won't change for years to come, and acceptance that this is absolutely where they (and ultimately I) belong.

It's good to be back, friends. :)

He dropped that TD, but his sluggo that Bradford missed him on was good. I'll live with a guy who drops passes if he at least gets open. Can fix drops (usually), can't fix not getting open

cdy your Patrick Peterson trolling is so transparent jnc

It's ok, he just needs an outlet after admitting to himself that Peterson is better than Sherman.

The plan was always to use Agholor to draw #1 corners, allowing the guys on the other side to take off. That's how Riley Cooper & Miles Austin were able to explode for a combined 34 catches in 900 snaps.

squicken

TDR, I think that happy place will soon be sullied. Offseason will involve lots of talk about Stephen Ross being out of money and no one wanting to coach for him, anyway

Today I had a warm fuzzy feeling that I hadn't felt in a very long time. I was listening to the Around the NFL podcast when they got to the Dolphins/Colts game. The "recap" of the game was a quick rundown of the crazy stuff that would have to happen for the Colts to get into the playoffs, with no mention of the actual game itself or the Dolphins. In the past this casual dismissal of my scrappy team would have upset me, after all they were good enough to hang around in just about every game, and this might be the year they make a big playoff push! Instead, I felt the warm embrace of acceptance. Acceptance that my team is a pile of shit and a bottom-dweller in the league, acceptance that this likely won't change for years to come, and acceptance that this is absolutely where they (and ultimately I) belong.

If you want a good laugh listen to Ians podcast when they break down the games, they spend most of the time discussing coaches and draft picks but it's hilarious when they try to explain what the Dolphins are doing and the best they can come up with is "They are shit"

cdyhybrid

He dropped that TD, but his sluggo that Bradford missed him on was good. I'll live with a guy who drops passes if he at least gets open. Can fix drops (usually), can't fix not getting open

cdy your Patrick Peterson trolling is so transparent jnc
Pffft you never give me enough credit. There are at least three guys on there that you could have mentioned!

Besides, Peterson is not a Husky, and thus he sucks.

Greg

Sometimes it just be what it be, Gregory.

Maaan I hope we can get some Rainbow Six in tonight! I need to hurry up and get gud.
Madden draft from 10 EST until probably 12 EST, so maybe before that?

my aim is still shit - been a while since I've had to aim in a shooter

If you want a good laugh listen to Ians podcast when they break down the games, they spend most of the time discussing coaches and draft picks but it's hilarious when they try to explain what the Dolphins are doing and the best they can come up with is "They are shit"

Link pls, I love podcasts

The circle welcomes you, friend <3

TDR, I think that happy place will soon be sullied. Offseason will involve lots of talk about Stephen Ross being out of money and no one wanting to coach for him, anyway
But the point is I am back to post-Ricky Williams mindset --- my team sucks and that's fine. Having expectations and watching your team fail is much more painful.

I keep meaning to get around to this! Although I have to say, at this point if you are doing film study of Dolphins games you are probably a masochist.

Madden draft from 10 EST until probably 12 EST, so maybe before that?

my aim is still shit - been a while since I've had to aim in a shooter
Fuck you guys are playing Rb6 and I'm out here buying SAO games that dont even have English voices. I made a huge ass mistake

What's worse, wrestling or anime?

Spoilers: They're actually the same thing.

but desu's all i knu :'(

I can recommend you some good idolm@ster forums and anime fighting games later.

I need to listen to that cast. I need to hear some breakdowns of how garbage we are

Jarate

Banned
I've been thinking about how much the most recent CBA fucked up the NFL with the mandated maximum practices quota. So many players have so many little tweaks that just lower the play down so much

Anyone know when the new CBA will be negotiated?

eznark

Banned
I've been thinking about how much the most recent CBA fucked up the NFL with the mandated maximum practices quota. So many players have so many little tweaks that just lower the play down so much

Anyone know when the new CBA will be negotiated?

You think practicing with less contact has resulted in more injuries? I thought only meat heat ex-players thought that.

Heh, now Salguero is floating the idea of the Dolphins taking Paxton Lynch. It would be a cool connection for me.

1. Justin Fuente goes to Memphis
2. Fuente coaches Lynch
3. Fuente leaves Memphis to succeed Beamer at VT
4. Lynch gets drafted by the Dolphins
5. Everything is just wonderful

Honestly I know nothing about Lynch, though. I don't think I've even seen him play.

Jarate

Banned
You think practicing with less contact has resulted in more injuries? I thought only meat heat ex-players thought that.

Less practices will likely lead to more tweak injuries then not, also the lack of pads in a lot of practices will also lead to that

I would imagine large injuries are most likely the same, but injuries that will force players to play at 80-90% will happen more often

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

you mean meat head?

This post brought to you be the desire to get to a new page because stupid ass jets fans post stupid shit.

cdyhybrid

Heh, now Salguero is floating the idea of the Dolphins taking Paxton Lynch. It would be a cool connection for me.

2. Fuente coaches Lynch

Honestly I know nothing about Lynch, though. I don't think I've even seen him play.
Giving up on Tannehill?

MechDX

2. Fuente coaches Lynch

Good or bad I have seen people compare him to Mallett size and arm wise. Hope he has better time management.

Jaguars Announce That HC Gus Bradley Will Return In 2016 https://t.co/p4g7KPkcmU
#Jaguars #NFL

Bradley staying in Jacksonville

effzee

That's definitely a start, but we need more than that. Considering we need to see how FA goes, we'll also need to work on defensive depth too. I'd ideally want to grab a guard and WR in FA, then use the draft on G, T, OLB, DE, and a developmental QB in that order of priority. Also fire Billy D.

Yeah I agree. Cooper needs to get cut. Agholor has been a massive disappointment, but he's a rookie, hopefully he improves. Huff's history as a RB before Chip converted him to WR at Oregon is obvious, he'll never be much. Although once he has the ball in his hands, he's pretty good. So if Chip is gonna keep running those stupid screens, put Huff in on those. Having such a niche receiver isn't really worth it, but we may as well try to play to his strengths as long as we have him on his rookie contract.

And yeah Ertz and Jordan are both pretty good, Ertz has really stepped up recently. Neither will be dominant, but both are good enough to be solid to build the receiving core around. Need to get a FA receiver though, that's where the speed guy needs to come from. Us getting another rookie receiver doesn't help us at all.

And to think we wouldn't be in this position if Chip didn't just cut DeSean with no compensation, didn't cut Todd H & Evan Mathis with no compensation, and failed to resign Maclin.

He inherited a team with great skill position players and a good-great OLINE. He has gutted the team and spent 2 high picks on WRs only to still have poor qb play, no quality guards, no depth at OLINE, mediocre WRs, an expensive mess at RB, and a so-song hampered by down seasons from what was supposed to be a strong LB group and a horrible D coordinator.

Yipee. Chip and Ed have tons of work to do and they need to start they need to stop ignoring the oline and cutting players Chip doesn't want to pay with zero back up plans or compensation.

Considering their decent standing with the cap and the fact they didn't (again) draft a single olineman, there was no reason why Todd Heremans and Evan Mathis weren't back with this team.

Might have improved the team by 2-3 games. Hell had they kept Maclin, they wouldn't have been forced to draft Agholor, and could have drafted Byron Jones. Even after losing Maclin, a guy like Brandon Marshall was available for a 5th round pick. Stick him on this team and they are much much better.

I think Sproles, Demeco Ryans, and Cooper are gone or should be gone. I'd take Kaep over Bradford. Even RG3. Or in addition to Bradford. QB field needs competition and not just Sanchez as a back up. Fucking could have had Tyrod Taylor.

Just a horrible off season slash draft they now have to fix in a major way.

Giving up on Tannehill?
Eh, I'm not dumb enough to think he's the main issue with the team but he's nothing special either, at least at this stage in his career. Honestly I will be fine if he's the guy going forward but it wouldn't bother me if they drafted a guy either.

Good or bad I have seen people compare him to Mallett size and arm wise. Hope he has better time management.
Watching some highlights and I can see the size comparison but one massive advantage he has over Mallett is his running ability and movement in the pocket. Dude is huge but he can move.

eznark

Banned
Less practices will likely lead to more tweak injuries then not, also the lack of pads in a lot of practices will also lead to that

I would imagine large injuries are most likely the same, but injuries that will force players to play at 80-90% will happen more often

Why?

Also as of week 12 or so games lost due to injury were lower than the prior year.

you mean meat head?

I SAID WHAT I SAID

2. Fuente coaches Lynch

To me, he's the best qb in the draft should Cleveland kick Johnny to the curb . He's built well and has good arm strength and put up good numbers with walk-on wide receivers.

Also. Went to the store and bought generic chips called magic chips.. I figure BG would appreciate it.

Printer Paper! Gata!

Gus Bradley is coming back next season!

GET HYPE!

Followed by Pettine :)

Top Bottom