• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

M_A_C

Manning is only 2 years removed from the BEST SEASON A QB HAS HAD, EVER, in the NFL.

The past 2 years he has been hurt. If he's 100% healthy, you have to go with him.

Godslay

Banned
That he is green? Okay...

Doesn't really answer anything. Manziel is green too.

So, why would you interpret that he's top 10 out of that and attribute it to me?

That's on you.

You've probably have only seen bits and pieces of his play, so I can see why you don't have a complete picture. That's fine, I was mistaken in that I thought you watched all his snaps. I think we can complete the conversation with that.

Manning is only 2 years removed from the BEST SEASON A QB HAS HAD, EVER, in the NFL.

The past 2 years he has been hurt. If he's 100% healthy, you have to go with him.
Favre was retired 2 years after one of his better seasons.

Yep. The short run game is essentially for Lacy to stick his head down, keep his feet churning, and pray that he goes forward at this point.
Physics are in his favor.

TheFatOne

This is hoping for the best instead of watching actual film. Injury has nothing to do with the poor decision making he had earlier in the season, and it's also very very clear the man can no longer throw the ball with any velocity. Neither of those two problems will suddenly clear itself up in the playoffs. Teams are going to force Manning to throw in tight windows, and a poor weather/heavy wind game will kill the Broncos offense if Manning is in charge.

Sanjuro

So, why would you interpret that he's top 10 out of that and attribute it to me?

That's on you.

You've probably have only seen bits and pieces of his play, so I can see why you don't have a complete picture. That's fine, I was mistaken in that I thought you watched all his snaps. I think we can complete the conversation with that.

No. I've watched him. Again, let's do this. Bring up Brock and Blaine's numbers this season. Consider which team who plays for. Tell me Brock is vastly better. Please do so.

Also, why are you so upset about this?

M_A_C

This is hoping for the best instead of watching actual film. Injury has nothing to do with the poor decision making he had earlier in the season, and it's also very very clear the man can no longer throw the ball with any velocity. Neither of those two problems will suddenly clear itself up in the playoffs. Teams are going to force Manning to throw in tight windows, and a poor weather/heavy wind game will kill the Broncos offense if Manning is in charge.

Injury and poor O-line play have a lot to do with both of those things.

Mrbob

Still find it strange to see the GB offense need to grind out yards to get down the field even though they have had to do so all year.

No, he's just getting it out there that he wasn't even recruited to play football.

I remember in his rant towards a reporter him mentioning he doesn't wear red cause of Cal's rivalry with Stanford in regards of him not wearing red to support the Badgers

kingslunk

No. I've watched him. Again, let's do this. Bring up Brock and Blaine's numbers this season. Consider which team who plays for. Tell me Brock is vastly better. Please do so.

Also, why are you so upset about this?

Denvers O line is one of the worst in the leagues? Cmon man.

TheFatOne

Injury and poor O-line play have a lot to do with both of those things.

His arm strength is done, and throwing into double coverage consistently had nothing to do with the oline. You are making excuses for Manning instead of watching the tape. So let me give you a cold hard dose of reality.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...0/Manning-throws-four-interceptions-vs-Chiefs

Which one of those four interceptions were on the oline? Hint
None of them were
You really aren't remembering Manning correctly early on in the year. He was awful in his decision making consistently trying to fit balls into tight windows when he can't do that anymore. His arm is gone, and has nothing to do with injury. Father time remains undefeated.

Godslay

Banned

Chargers are a joke, it will be interesting to see how Manning holds up against an actual team. Especially if they fall behind and he has to throw the ball down the field.

Brock is green, and clearly Gabbart tier in his 7 starts, but he did kept the TOs to a minimum. Manning hasn't proven that he could do that at all this year with any consistency.

Top Bottom