• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

Is he still under contract? Could they pull an RG3 with him and let him rot at the end of the bench?
That would be to much of a distraction in my eyes. If you're gonna be done with him be done with. Move on with a new Qb

These were earlier today
Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 3m 3 minutes ago
Joe Thomas: The most important thing to do in this business is finding a quarterback, if u do will be a coach loved, don't you get fired

Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86 22s 23 seconds ago
Joe Thomas on Manziel reports: "If that report is true, obviously some things are more important to him than football, that's a problem"

Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86 39s 39 seconds ago
Joe Thomas when asked where his respect level is for Manziel: "we'll re-visit that this offseason." # Browns

TheFatOne

Chargers are a joke, it will be interesting to see how Manning holds up against an actual team. Especially if they fall behind and he has to throw the ball down the field.

Brock is green, and clearly Gabbart tier in his 7 starts, but he did kept the TOs to a minimum. Manning hasn't proven that he could do that at all this year with any consistency.

I'm wondering if something behind the scenes is happening. It's no secret how much pull Manning has with his pr game. I wonder if Maybe he's pressuring them to play or maybe he's told them that this year is his last so they want to try and play him. Just a very odd situation. I don't know what they do about the qb situation moving forward. Broncos now have to win the super bowl with this move. I didn't think that was the case with Brock. I thought if Brock just was solid, and even lost the first game that would be something to build on. Now I have no idea what the hell the Broncos are going to do with Brock. Has to kill your confidence being benched like this the game before the playoffs. What happens if Manning is terrible his first game, but the Broncos win? Do they stick with Manning or go back to Brock? Just a bunch of very strange scenarios the Broncos might have to deal with. Oddly enough I think the Broncos with Manning now match up worse against the Pats. I saw Brock throw into some tight windows against the Pats already, and I don't think Manning can do the same.
You may be right, but your just making assumptions about his health that you cannot possible know anything about. Go try and throw some footballs on one leg and see how hard you can throw it.

Fact remains today that he came in and used his mind to beat the chargers. Something Brock failed to do in the first half.

I'm not making any assumptions about his health. Look at the throws he made today. All of them were ducks. He can't throw with any velocity. This isn't new. His arm has been declining for a while now. His mind wasn't the reason they won the game. The running game clicking was the key. He's not going to have the luxury of playing the chargers in the playoffs. Teams are going to be able to stop the run and force Manning to throw. The million dollar question is can he throw into tight coverage consistently with his declining arm. I'm inclined to believe he cannot given what I have seen out of him the last few years. Also, Manning is a guy who has come up really small in the playoffs over and over again. Now he doesn't have the arm strength as well. Broncos obviously playing with fire right now.It's super easy to see Manning go in Brock go out and say that Manning was the reason for the Broncos success, but it's not quite so black and white.

Sephzilla

If I was the Vikings I'd tank the shit out of the second half and take the L. The Packers just look lifeless and so completely beatable on offense.

squicken

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Great point just raised by an NFL exec: no 53-man roster say means teams don't have to let their scouts interview for #Browns "GM" job.

so bizarre what CLE is doing. Just name that guy the GM and be done with it

CX14PAmWQAAh1Wb.jpg:large

#PrayForCleve

Top Bottom