• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

kmag

Jenkins today talked about the defense being unable to ever be a top unit with the way they played offense. It's impossible to still believe in all tempo all the time. It killed them this year. You can't do it with a bad offense. Chip needed to adjust that and he never did

Jenkins also had some stuff over Thanksgiving about the team needing to be able to call out teammates in group meetings. Brandon Graham today echoed that saying he agreed with Jenkins about calling guys out on "effort". Pretty obvious that Murray and Maxwell were not adored. There were a few comments to reporters about Murray's slide vs Miami

It's funny because the Giants and the Patriots do a lot of the "hurry up" but unlike the Eagles they just line up really quick, they tend not to snap the ball until quite late. Still inhibits the defensive substitutions but their offenses let the QB read the defenses (in the Giants case often to their detriment, because while Eli is very good pre snap they're terribly predictable if they're 2nd/3rd and less than 5 and you keep the safeties up you can get Eli to audible to the run which is pretty much always the same fucking run from the shotgun) and dictate the actual pace.

The Eagles under Kelly, had this incessant need to actually snap the ball quickly often with 20 seconds on the clock.

squicken

Baylor has 650 yards rushing vs North Carolina. Tempo sure works in college haha

It's funny because the Giants and the Patriots do a lot of the "hurry up" but unlike the Eagles they just line up really quick, they tend not to snap the ball until quite late. Still inhibits the defensive substitutions but their offenses let the QB read the defenses (in the Giants case often to their detriment, because while Eli is very good pre snap they're terribly predictable if they're 2nd/3rd and less than 5 and you keep the safeties up you can get Eli to audible to the run which is pretty much always the same fucking run from the shotgun) and dictate the actual pace.

The Eagles under Kelly, had this incessant need to actually snap the ball quickly often with 20 seconds on the clock.

Yeah I totally agree it should always be a weapon. GB and HOU use it like the Pats do. That's the thing with Chip. His good ideas, most teams quickly borrowed. Going fast after a big play is a huge deal. I'm not sure why defenses don't always fake an injury on any gain over 25 yards

In all my years of watching the eagles, this was by far the worst season; worse than Andy Reid's last year. Glad that train wreck of a regime is over, but now we need to clean up the wreckage.

effzee

Every time I get pissed off at Coach Shades for shitting the bed against yet another lousy team, I read something like this and think, "Well, I suppose shit could be worse."

Doesn't make sense. Reid was kept here for 14 years. Lurie is known as a level headed guy who loves stability. This is very un-Lurie like which is why it is all the more confusing and stupid.

Chip got fire for a lot more and other than his X's and Os. If reports are true, Lurie and his meeting didn't go well today.

effzee

Jenkins today talked about the defense being unable to ever be a top unit with the way they played offense. It's impossible to still believe in all tempo all the time. It killed them this year. You can't do it with a bad offense. Chip needed to adjust that and he never did

Jenkins also had some stuff over Thanksgiving about the team needing to be able to call out teammates in group meetings. Brandon Graham today echoed that saying he agreed with Jenkins about calling guys out on "effort". Pretty obvious that Murray and Maxwell were not adored. There were a few comments to reporters about Murray's slide vs Miami

Yeah but none of that says Jenkins, Kelce, or even Graham weren't on board. If anything they wanted more accountability and they were the locker room leaders and all in.

Hell Graham, after the DET game, texted Chip saying he had his back and they were all in to focus on the Pats. Jenkins had Chip's back during all the moves over the off season and he called the effort of the D out not the O during those back to back blowout losses. He also is speaking the truth. Eagles D can't be compared to other D's and expected to be the same or better.

Hell at week 11, the Eagles were in the top10 of D rankings and 2nd in forced turnovers. The D was playing really well especially considering how many snaps they were playing. Problem was and is terrible play from OLINE and QB.

LiveWire

:jnc

bye Chip. You were doomed when your team let Kirk Cousins, the most turnover-prone football player in the history of planet Earth lead a clutch 4th quarter comeback.

squicken

Doesn't make sense. Reid was kept here for 14 years. Lurie is known as a level headed guy who loves stability. This is very un-Lurie like which is why it is all the more confusing and stupid.

Chip got fire for a lot more and other than his X's and Os. If reports are true, Lurie and his meeting didn't go well today.

Beat guys saying that it wasn't really mutual. There was some meeting today with Lurie that went bad and Chip got fired. So did his Chief of Staff (seriously) and that lackey personnel guy. My guess is Howie was a wormtongue the whole time. Neither guy should ever be in charge of personnel but I guess Howie's back now

In all my years of watching the eagles, this was by far the worst season; worse than Andy Reid's last year. Glad that train wreck of a regime is over, but now we need to clean up the wreckage.

I think this year felt worse because the rest of philly's teams are ass for most part. But no dude that team quit on Andy hard sorry man 2012 still worse. This year sucked and the offense was so damn frustrating to watch but jeez yeah both years really bad.

RBH

Honestly can't wait until after Sunday, see what finally happens. All my hard work
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fire-ray-farmer

PsDN3tS.png

Yeah, the timing doesn't make any sense either. Some kind of shots were fired.

effzee

I do wish whoever comes in, the D switches back to a 4-3.

They have the Dlineman to be a better 4-3 line.

Man I knew the off season would be interesting with Chip as GM in season 2 but now anything can happen. I am really curious to see what sort of candidate they are interested in now. Again there are no clear cut must have QBs coming out this year. And the Eagles will pick either #11 or higher. That would been 1 reason to fire Chip if Lurie didn't think he could pick the right QB.

If reports are true, then the meeting today probably did Chip in more than the actual product on the filed. The eagles have had shit ton of FO drama for the past 5-6 seasons. Battles between Howie Roseman and Joe Banner and then Howie Roseman and Reid. Then Howie Roseman and Tom Gable. Then Roseman and Chip.

Roseman being the constant. I don't know what to make of him. Has no Football background but has made some great moves/ dradft picks and some terrible. Was all about hiring Chip. Then Chip got him removed. But Howie has always had Lurie's support to the point he fired his long time friend Banner and his coach Reid.

Now Howie is back. I wonder how much of today's meeting and subsequent firing had to do with how much Howie is still in Lurie's ear. And if that is true, then Chip didn't get a fair shot to see thing through. Howie basically sabotaged Chip by probably adding doubt and mistrust between Lurie and Chip.

What sucks is that since this Howie's show again and because he got burned by Chip, the next hire will be more about who Howie can control and keep under his thumb rather than the best candidate.

Lurie needs to fire Howie as well and just start fresh. Too much BS and too many political moves with Howie, the accountant, around.

:(

Hindl

Now that it's over I hope some juicy details about a scandal comes out instead of just a boring argument over personnel decisions

Hindl

I do wish whoever comes in, the D switches back to a 4-3.

They have the Dlineman to be a better 4-3 line.

I kinda agree I want to see Cox let loose in a 4-3 scheme and see what happens. Also have no idea what's going to happen with Bradford now.

Also I agree about Howie being the constant, he should probably get the boot too

kmag

The big question now is what sort of opportunity is the Eagles for a prospective HC?

On the plus side: There's talent on the defense. The division is in flux (Washington on the way up but not really there yet, Giants in disarray and Dallas dependant on a QB who seems to be continually breaking down)

On the negative side: The offense has a couple of pieces, but those pieces don't include a good WR core or a set QB.

For instance would you take the Eagles job over say the Giants job or the Lions job?

Top Bottom