• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

effzee

Mike Clay ‏@MikeClayNFL
Said this months ago, but if Sam leaves, Sanchez could be the 2016 Week 1 bridge starter. Signed through next year.

That makes no sense. Yeah signed through 2016 but no way new coach/regime goes into season with him starting.

Not that I am super against Sanchez but I just don't see it. I think they sign someone like RG3 or Kaep if made available plus draft a guy in the first 2-4 rounds to groom.

effzee

Beat guys saying that it wasn't really mutual. There was some meeting today with Lurie that went bad and Chip got fired. So did his Chief of Staff (seriously) and that lackey personnel guy. My guess is Howie was a wormtongue the whole time. Neither guy should ever be in charge of personnel but I guess Howie's back now

Yeah all indications were/are that Chip likes the NFL, liked coaching in Philly, and wanted to be back.

The more I think about it the more this stinks for the Eagles. Howie has been behind the scenes as a glorified accountant who rose the ranks doing contracts. Somehow he has Lurie's respect and trust. Pushed McNabb out, pushed Banner out, was behind the Reid firing, and super into getting Chip.

Now what is he going to do? No way he gets a high profile or big personality coach who might challenge his GM title. Whoever he hires will be someone he can control and keep in check.

Cmon Lurie fire Howie too! Lets start completely fresh!

squicken

damnit that was a beat guy getting duped by a fake Mortensen account. Wouldn't think Chip would already be out going after jobs, especially when occupied. Oh well, tis the season

effzee

What sucks is that GM Chip could have made the simplest moves.

Resign Maclin, keep the OLINE as is, Keep McCoy, trade Foles for picks, and sign Tyrod Taylor + this division = playoffs.

Besides what Howie pulled and the meeting today, what doomed him was not the moves he made but that he made too many changes in one offseason. Team had no chance to gel.

omg omg omg

Fire Pettine now!!!
Is this the 2014 offseason again?!
iu

Fuck you fucking fucks.
We don't need this shit. Do we really need this kick in the balls. You really want to drive Adam to drink himself to death. He'll do it. We are not losing Adam because you sick bastards would think it'd be funny to saddle us with fuckface.

Fuck you all.

It's fake but come on, Chip isn't a terrible coach. He's just an awful talent evaluator, fortunately the Browns have got Farmer to handle that side of things.

Benjamin Allbright ‏ @ AllbrightNFL
Three NFL teams have already reached out about Chip Kelly. Only one of those three currently has a "vacancy"

Jay Glazer ‏ @ JayGlazer 2m 2 minutes ago
In my convo w Chip he said next stop he just wants to coach & insists he does NOT want to be the personnel guy too. This is significant

effzee

Glazer tweeting bits about his conversation with Chip.

Says Chip insists he doesn't want GM role at next job - just wants to coach. Wants to stay in NFL.

Makes zero sense because all signs point to Chip wanting GM powers over Howie and the meeting today probably was about Lurie asking Chip to give up that power.

I am thoroughly confused but somehow someway Howie is back and that is worse than Chip being in charge of personnel.

BigAT

In my convo w Chip he said next stop he just wants to coach & insists he does NOT want to be the personnel guy too. This is significant

Who the hell would believe Chip at this point? He said he didn't want to be GM when he forced his way into the position in the first place and said yesterday that he wasn't the GM.

effzee

Three NFL teams have already reached out about Chip Kelly. Only one of those three currently has a "vacancy"

Hmm. Does having an interim coach qualify as a vacancy?

I am thinking Miami or Tenn as the the vacancy position and SF, Indy, and or Giants as others.

Glazer tweeting bits about his conversation with Chip.

Says Chip insists he doesn't want GM role at next job - just wants to coach. Wants to stay in NFL.

Makes zero sense because all signs point to Chip wanting GM powers over Howie and the meeting today probably was about Lurie asking Chip to give up that power.

I am thoroughly confused but somehow someway Howie is back and that is worse than Chip being in charge of personnel.

Sounds like Chip got shook up by someone calling his bluff on the "I want all power or no power" and he doesn't like being fired. Like I said, no team in this league is giving him that same situation (all power, blowing up team over and over, with worse results, for 3 years). Looks like he finally realizes actions have consequences

It's fake but come on, Chip isn't a terrible coach. He's just an awful talent evaluator, fortunately the Browns have got Farmer to handle that side of things.

You think he's gonna want to give up being a GM? That's one of the main reasons his ass walked. I do not want Chip, the GM there. Chip the HC.. Maybe. But if the GM comes.. (And I bet it would.) fuck no.

So to reiterate.. Fuck you guys.

I mean, I was expecting him to stick around for the final year of his contract but this doesn't surprise me.

2013: 10-6 make the playoffs
2014: 10-6 don't make the playoffs
2015: 6-10 don't make the playoffs

The trend isn't moving in the right direction. He dropped the most skilled players on the team and brought in guys like Maxwell, Alonso, Murray who have been basically absent. First round draft pick WR with pretty much a bust of a rookie season. Does there really have to be some conspiracy?

Yeah Lurie put up with some shit years from Reid but you know what Reid did before that? 5 NFC Championship game appearance and 1 Super Bowl. When you have real success you get some room to have some shit years. Chip so far has a playoff loss against a bad Saints team.

Oh good I'm glad Ross is being an idiot.

squicken

Who the hell would believe Chip at this point? He said he didn't want to be GM when he forced his way into the position in the first place and said yesterday that he wasn't the GM.

He is the biggest fucking liar. It's so annoying the way he handles his press conference. It had to piss Lurie off when he claimed he wasn't the GM. Chip acted all offseason like Lurie forced those duties upon him. Going to be curious as all the dirt comes out

Oh good I'm glad Ross is being an idiot.

Speaking of owners.. I heard it through the Grapevine from the land that now both Haslem and Farmer may be out the door after getting recommendations from other noted NFL executives. Also Haslem's wife Dee is getting caught up on the "organization" as well due to the stress it putting on Jimmy.

It never ends.

I told Eagles Gaf chip had a master plan to get Mariota :")
Alright you jerks, I'm getting Rainbow Six, who else got it on PS4?
I don't have it yet, but I want to get it. And I'm planning to. Pissed because apparently it was 45 dollars on Psn yesterday. Waiting to try and find a deal

Eagles fans have been wrong a lot this year. It's a shame the cards have to topple all at once, instead of just one at a time

The worst part of all this will be if Bradford doesn't get resigned in Philly.

Who is your QB going into next season?

The same shit-tier QB rotation which has led the Rams to a better record than the Eagles without the benefit of a revolutionary genius coach or a dumpster fire division.

Cheers for the second round pick, maybe we'll use it to trade up and get a QB?

effzee

I mean, I was expecting him to stick around for the final year of his contract but this doesn't surprise me.

2013: 10-6 make the playoffs
2014: 10-6 don't make the playoffs
2015: 6-10 don't make the playoffs

The trend isn't moving in the right direction. He dropped the most skilled players on the team and brought in guys like Maxwell, Alonso, Murray who have been basically absent. First round draft pick WR with pretty much a bust of a rookie season. Does there really have to be some conspiracy?

Yeah Lurie put up with some shit years from Reid but you know what Reid did before that? 5 NFC Championship game appearance and 1 Super Bowl. When you have real success you get some room to have some shit years. Chip so far has a playoff loss against a bad Saints team.

Reid took over a team picking #2 overall in a draft that everyone believed was loaded with QBs. He made the right decision, McNabb over Akili Smith or trading up for Couch, and that basically allowed him to remain a coach as long as McNabb was serviceable. Now Reid was a great coach who over time over stayed his welcome and was less and less effective, but he inherited a loaded D that Rhodes built up and McNabb carried that team.

Chip took over a completely different team in a completely scenario. He didn't get to draft a top prospect QB and has been using guys like Vick, Foles, Sanchez. He took a shot at Bradford cause he knew he couldn't get past what they had accomplished with Foles. It didn't work in year 1 but also cause he brought in 5 new starts on offense and 5 new on defense. Too many drastic changes in 1 off season.

And his 10-6 was just as good as his 10-6 in year 1, only last year they didn't make it cause 7-9 Carolina made it as division winner and a over .500 team missed the playoffs cause of the rules.

effzee

Cheers for the second round pick, maybe we'll use it to trade up and get a QB?

Move up to get who? This isn't the QB loaded draft.

Good luck with Fisher. Chip did more with Foles and Bradford than Fisher ever did or will.

There was no winning or losing in the trade. Both teams lost. Both teams don't have a QB. Fisher should also be fired for the shit he has produced in St Louis over the years. Have fun with the extra 2nd round pick or whatever picks the Rams got in the RG3 trade. What good are the picks if you don't use them right or get the QB for your franchise?

MRSA

Banned
I told Eagles Gaf chip had a master plan to get Mariota :")

I don't have it yet, but I want to get it. And I'm planning to. Pissed because apparently it was 45 dollars on Psn yesterday. Waiting to try and find a deal

It's $50 at Best Buy. I got GCU so $40 for me.

Top Bottom