• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

I'm a peaceful, respectful man now.

Jameis showed you the way hmm?

Yeah once this season over I going back to my old hairstyle.

And you know what? I'ma let you claim his wife, I'm okay with this. You deserve it, you worked hard this year.

Why are you okay with him claiming everyone? Why are you rolling over for him Kave? Don't let him claim a girl. Take one for yourself.

What
The
Fuck?

cdyhybrid

amr5iGr.jpg

Paper tigers

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yeah I totally agree it should always be a weapon. GB and HOU use it like the Pats do. That's the thing with Chip. His good ideas, most teams quickly borrowed. Going fast after a big play is a huge deal. I'm not sure why defenses don't always fake an injury on any gain over 25 yards

What ideas exactly? He certainly didn't bring hurry up offense to the nfl or influence GB or NE.

His spin on hurry up was to make it a constant thing and maximize the amount of plays an offense gets and go for it on 4th down more often. Even he started to move away from his own philosophy.

effzee

What ideas exactly? He certainly didn't bring hurry up offense to the nfl or influence GB or NE.

His spin on hurry up was to make it a constant thing and maximize the amount of plays an offense gets and go for it on 4th down more often. Even he started to move away from his own philosophy.

I don't know about GB, but he and Bill are close and they would exchange ideas in years past before he became the Eagles HC.

Additionally while the innovative ideas weren't present this season, his play calling and formations were much different and unorthodox in his first week seasons. Plus a lot of the sports science stuff which believe it or not made the Eagles the healthiest team for the past 3 seasons.

effzee

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/...effrey_lurie_thinking.html#incart_2box_sports

Great article pointing out what I feared about Howie and how or why this move took place.

So thanks to the over glorified accountant Howie Roseman, Eagles lost an exciting coach and two top personnel minds in Gamble and now Ed Marynowitz. Both respected for their scouting background and skills as evaluators.

Gone are the football minds and an accountant is back to running the show.

Fun times.

Welcome to Miami, Chip.
It actually wouldn't surprise me if he was interested, they have some offensive pieces that I could see appealing to him. Tannehill seems like a potential fit for his system, Pouncey is the kind of athletic center he loves, Landry and Parker have bright futures at WR, and Ajayi looks like an up and coming power back. They also have an athletic TE with Cameron.

It makes sense if you think about it, the roster was built around Lazor's offense and Lazor borrowed a lot of his ideas from working with Kelly in Philly. Nowhere makes as much sense as Tennessee but it wouldn't shock me if the Dolphins gave him an interview.

For the record I am very much against this idea.

Crisco

Banned
Tennessee makes the most sense. Nothing else matters if you don't have a QB. Most teams with good QBs already have entrenched head coaches, so it's a rare chance to have a shot at a job with one. Especially one you coached in college...

effzee

Probably college. Easier job, same pay or better.

If I had to guess, I'd say he already has a job lined up. Or at the very least, he knows where he wants to go and already has his foot in the door.

He might end up in college or sit out a year but do people not follow the reports?

He has repeatedly said he wants to coach in the NFL and likes it. He wanted to remain Eagles coach. Glazer reported NFL teams interested in him. Plus the big college openings have been filled so unless something super attractive opens up, I think he takes the Tenn, Indy, SF job or sits out a year.

squicken

More than anything, Chip fired himself. He hired Billy Davis. He messed up on DJax, Maclin and Shady. He didn't address the OL.

But Howie I'm sure made sure to tell Lurie just how badly he had messed up

e: dang the Eagles are dysfunctional

Shurmur meets the media at 11:45
Practice starts at 12:05
While that is going on Lurie meets with media at 12:30

My question about Chip; will he learn from his mistakes? I think he has potential to be a good HC with the right team. He needs someone else making good personnel decisions and solid leadership from players on the team (a major reason I don't want him in Miami). I still think his offensive schemes are intriguing and I'd like to see him paired with a guy like Mariota or Luck.

Sanjuro

It actually wouldn't surprise me if he was interested, they have some offensive pieces that I could see appealing to him. Tannehill seems like a potential fit for his system, Pouncey is the kind of athletic center he loves, Landry and Parker have bright futures at WR, and Ajayi looks like an up and coming power back. They also have an athletic TE with Cameron.

It makes sense if you think about it, the roster was built around Lazor's offense and Lazor borrowed a lot of his ideas from working with Kelly in Philly. Nowhere makes as much sense as Tennessee but it wouldn't shock me if the Dolphins gave him an interview.

For the record I am very much against this idea.

To be fair, you guys should be against everything and anything going by track record.

squicken

Thinking about all the spots for Chip to go, I'd say SF is most likely. He knows he can't have personnel control, so no threat to Baalke. Jed needs a good PR after hiring a guy who looks like everyone's mechanic. Jed likes to be progressive and innovative and believes in all that sports science and analytics stuff. Maybe he thinks he can work with Kaep and Gabbert. Or draft a QB

e: FV, Howie also won a power struggle with Joe Banner a few years back, who was a long time friend of Lurie. The dude knows how to play the game. Like I said, Chip fired himself. I just think Howie has a role in all this

More than anything, Chip fired himself. He hired Billy Davis. He messed up on DJax, Maclin and Shady. He didn't address the OL.

But Howie I'm sure made sure to tell Lurie just how badly he had messed up

e: dang the Eagles are dysfunctional

Shurmur meets the media at 11:45
Practice starts at 12:05
While that is going on Lurie meets with media at 12:30
Did he really need to? Once Howie was deposed from the GM role, all he had to do was sit back and watch Chip hang himself with the rope the Eagles had given him. Lurie is not an dummy and can plainly see what's happened to the roster on his own. It was said during the preseason - Chip would either be proven to be the "mad scientist" everyone kept proclaiming he was with the roster turnover or he'd be proven to be deadly wrong. We know how that turned out now.

Fox318

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/...effrey_lurie_thinking.html#incart_2box_sports

Great article pointing out what I feared about Howie and how or why this move took place.

So thanks to the over glorified accountant Howie Roseman, Eagles lost an exciting coach and two top personnel minds in Gamble and now Ed Marynowitz. Both respected for their scouting background and skills as evaluators.

Gone are the football minds and an accountant is back to running the show.

Fun times.
sounds like the 76ers

gutshot

As disastrous as the Eagles offense currently is, the defense actually has a lot of good young pieces. They need to resign Cox and Curry and then switch to a 4-3. Graham and Curry are your DEs, Cox and Allen your DTs. Hicks as starting Mike, DeMeco the backup. Kendricks and Kiko as the Will and Sam. Thurmond and Jenkins are the safeties again, Maxwell and Carroll are the starting CBs and Rowe and Shepherd your nickel and dime guys. I like that a lot.

Given that, I would like to see the Eagles look to hire a defensive minded HC, make that the strength of your team, and draft a young QB and let him grow into the offense. Basically, take the Seattle route.

effzee

Did he really need to? Once Howie was deposed from the GM role, all he had to do was sit back and watch Chip hang himself with the rope the Eagles had given him. Lurie is not an dummy and can plainly see what's happened to the roster on his own. It was said during the preseason - Chip would either be proven to be the "mad scientist" everyone kept proclaiming he was with the roster turnover or he'd be proven to be deadly wrong. We know how that turned out now.

Except no one, including Chip, thought he only had 1 season to prove all his moves made sense.

I'm just not a fan of firing coaches so quick unless they are completely incompetent. Chip isn't. His moves didn't work but who is to say in the long run they wouldn't?

This situation should have been nipped in the bud when Lurie gave him all the power. Keeping Howie around ensured he would keep trying to get his power back.

It all started when Howie fired Gamble who was Chip's hand picked personnel guy to work with Howie. That was end of last season. Reports surfaced Chip was furious and rumors about him leaving came up. The he had a long ass meeting with Lurie, who probably panicked thinking Chip was going to leave and "gave in" to removing Howie and handing power to Chip.

Now we hear it's been a mess all year and that Howie couldn't get along with Ed Marynowitz with either, who was Chip's new hand picked personnel guy.

So now we are left with Howie. I hope to god Lurie is smart enough to see this. He caused all this when he panicked.

Maybe letting Chip walk last season instead of giving him all the power would have been best. Eagles would still have Maclin, McCoy, and others. Lurie messed up big time and I hope he doesn't trust Howie to clean up.

I want a fresh GM and let him pick the coach.

Draxal

My question about Chip; will he learn from his mistakes? I think he has potential to be a good HC with the right team. He needs someone else making good personnel decisions and solid leadership from players on the team (a major reason I don't want him in Miami). I still think his offensive schemes are intriguing and I'd like to see him paired with a guy like Mariota or Luck.

Chip's mistake is that he went to Philadelphia in the first place, need a gm with strong pro player dev in house already.

Top Bottom