• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

9q1UCkX.jpg

rq2lAPA.jpg

WQNk6jD.jpg

ADdSVHp.jpg

I......I love this.

They really should invest some money in a good DT to strengthen up the middle. Can't believe they have ignored the position lately.
I know you're hilarious or whatever but truthfully LB play is underrated in the NFL. You need good inside LBs if you want to stop the run consistently. Suh is constantly getting double teamed, the other guys need to do their job.

EDIT: Also, rather ironically, the play in that link is one of the few where Suh was out for a breather.

Except no one, including Chip, thought he only had 1 season to prove all his moves made sense.

I'm just not a fan of firing coaches so quick unless they are completely incompetent. Chip isn't. His moves didn't work but who is to say in the long run they wouldn't?
The owner apparently?

I think the Roseman situation is a bit overblown and is deflecting the fact that Chip Kelly is the reason Chip Kelly is fired. Lurie gave him what he wanted - control over personnel and he did so after a well covered it not entirely public power play with Roseman. All of this despite his assertions that he was not the GM even as recently as his last press conference (at least own your fuck-ups). Did Chip take a measured approach to rebuilding the team? No. He gutted some core aspects of that roster in an effort to build "his" team. Fair enough but well, his team underperformed horribly in an extremely weak division.

I'm not dismissing that Roseman was playing Wormtongue in this scenario nor am I saying that Roseman is going to provide a fix to Philadelphia's personnel woes but boy Chip gave him all of the ammunition he needed to play that role to begin with.

I should state that I think Chip Kelly is a good coach. I think he'll get another NFL job and will learn some valuable lessons from his experience with the Eagles. I also think Chip Kelly has proven that he has no business being in complete control of personnel for an NFL team. If he's sincere in wanting to just coach? I think he'll find success in the future.

Juicy Bob

I am really not looking forward to the future now as an Eagles' fan.

If Kelly and Lurie had a fundamental and irreconcilable difference of opinion in how things should be going forward, then they are absolutely right to part ways and wish each other good luck in the future. But even though most of h personnel changes didn't appear to have made us any better, I really think it needed more time before pulling the plug on the entire operation.

If Chip goes to Tennessee or wherever and ends up having success, I'm going to be so depressed. Even if we weren't playing well, at least Kelly helped give us some kind of unique personality and something to differentiate us from all the other mediocre teams out there. Now we could just easily spend the next few seasons in the doldrums with no hope.

BigAT

I know you're hilarious or whatever but truthfully LB play is underrated in the NFL. You need good inside LBs if you want to stop the run consistently. Suh is constantly getting double teamed, the other guys need to do their job.

EDIT: Also, rather ironically, the play in that link is one of the few where Suh was out for a breather.

I'm just giving you shit, there's a lot more going on there than just DT play anyway.

Alright here we are in the final week of the regular season. I remember forming a rationale argument on how the Cards could get to 12 wins this season and here we are at 13 with a great shot at 14 before the playoffs start...what a season it's been!

I don't know how hard the Cards and Chickens will pay each other not just because it won't change much but also because they may play each other in the playoffs so you don't want to show your whole hand. On the other hand, we're division rivals so we already know each other inside and out and I think both coaches like to win and go for the kill so it may be as Arians is claiming and be played as if it were game 1 of the season. If that's the case, lets see what the "hot" chickens are made of. We beat them in SEA and they are more one dimensional without a running game so on paper we should crush them but division games don't play on paper and both teams have no love for the other so it should be a good game. If Rashad is out yet again, I'd worry that Wussel will abuse us with his legs, we need a spy.

Anyway, let's extend the win streak to 10 in a row and get win number 14! 14-2 here we come! Go Cardinals!

JAX @ HOU
PIT @ CLE
NYJ @ BUF
NE @ MIA
TEN @ IND
BAL @ CIN
WAS @ DAL
NO @ ATL
DET @ CHI
PHI @ NYG

STL @ SF
TB @ CAR
OAK @ KC
SD @ DEN
SEA @ ARI

MIN @ GB

effzee

The owner apparently?

I think the Roseman situation is a bit overblown and is deflecting the fact that Chip Kelly is the reason Chip Kelly is fired. Lurie gave him what he wanted - control over personnel and he did so after a well covered it not entirely public power play with Roseman. All of this despite his assertions that he was not the GM even as recently as his last press conference. Did Chip take a measured approach to rebuilding the team? No. He gutted some core aspects of that roster in an effort to build "his" team. Fair enough but well, his team underperformed horribly in an extremely weak division.

I'm not dismissing that Roseman was playing Wormtongue in this scenario nor am I saying that Roseman is going to provide a fix to Philadelphia's personnel woes but boy Chip gave him all of the ammunition he needed to play that role to begin with.

I should state that I think Chip Kelly is a good coach. I think he'll get another NFL job and will learn some valuable lessons from his experience with the Eagles. I also think Chip Kelly has proven that he has no business being in complete control of personnel for an NFL team. If he's sincere in wanting to just coach? I think he'll find success in the future.

Not disagreeing but again no matter how disastrous, the leash should never have been 1 year.

Had he traded away the farm to get Mariota and then failed for 2 seasons then I'd say ok he has no idea what he is doing. But 1 season? This has more to do with everything else that surrounds this FO and reeks of Lurie being unsure of what to do. Panicked and gave him all the power only to take away after 1 season.

I can see why Chip said no.

I have to ask. What is it that Chip Kelly did to make you hate him so much?

Wasn't that impressive in college, was overhyped in the league, made bad decision after bad decision to no criticism at worst/a bunch of false defenses at best, obliterated a team for nothing while everyone stood and let it happen in support, slandered Desean with gang allegations to justify firing him, damn near did the same with Lesean, throws full support behind the open racist receiver in the meantime, and had so little respect for anybody that members of the team only felt comfortable talking about complaints with him to the fucking owner on a part of the plane they were absolutely sure he wouldn't hear them

So of course the constant defense of him continues. "He's just misunderstood, we promise he'll do better pls 2nd chance :'[[[[" Meanwhile questioned one time to do something for the good of the team (renege power he publicly lies and says he doesn't have) and he chooses the option that gets him fired. No sympathy whatsoever for him

I'm just giving you shit, there's a lot more going on there than just DT play anyway.
Yeah, I know. Truthfully we all know Suh is way overpaid but he's still a great DT. It's been tough watching this team try to play run defense this season. 30th ranked run D. :(

It's raining profusely.
Bowl game in 4 hours.
Panthers play in five days.
On grass

Mud Bowl is upon us, Bucs-GAF
My damn phone almost gave me a heart attack when the flash flood warning popped up. Shit is loud!

squicken

Wasn't that impressive in college, was overhyped in the league, made bad decision after bad decision to no criticism at worst/a bunch of false defenses at best, obliterated a team for nothing while everyone stood and let it happen in support, slandered Desean with gang allegations to justify firing him, damn near did the same with Lesean, throws full support behind the open racist receiver in the meantime, and had so little respect for anybody that members of the team only felt comfortable talking about complaints with him to the fucking owner on a part of the plane they were absolutely sure he wouldn't hear them

So of course the constant defense of him continues. "He's just misunderstood, we promise he'll do better pls 2nd chance :'[[[[" Meanwhile questioned one time to do something for the good of the team (renege power he publicly lies and says he doesn't have) and he chooses the option that gets him fired. No sympathy whatsoever for him

Your coach/owner openly embraced and honored a man who committed double murder

Your coach/owner openly embraced and honored a man who committed double murder

And they did the same for Ray Rice

And you'll note I defended and supported neither of it ever. I always called and call both out as despicable, and I enjoyed this season of misery which I consider universal karma for at least the Ray Rice one

If only Eagles and Patriots fans could do the same for their terrible people :[

I am really not looking forward to the future now as an Eagles' fan.

If Kelly and Lurie had a fundamental and irreconcilable difference of opinion in how things should be going forward, then they are absolutely right to part ways and wish each other good luck in the future. But even though most of h personnel changes didn't appear to have made us any better, I really think it needed more time before pulling the plug on the entire operation.

If Chip goes to Tennessee or wherever and ends up having success, I'm going to be so depressed. Even if we weren't playing well, at least Kelly helped give us some kind of unique personality and something to differentiate us from all the other mediocre teams out there. Now we could just easily spend the next few seasons in the doldrums with no hope.
Dude there is no hope, at all. Eagles are gonna get a coach who won't threaten Howie. Some crap like Sean Payton or McDermott. This is as bad as it has ever been for the Eagles. Eagles are going to do a complete rebuild with Howie in control. We have seen several years of Howie picking already, it was terrible the first time and will be even worse now.

cdyhybrid

Alright here we are in the final week of the regular season. I remember forming a rationale argument on how the Cards could get to 12 wins this season and here we are at 13 with a great shot at 14 before the playoffs start...what a season it's been!

I don't know how hard the Cards and Chickens will pay each other not just because it won't change much but also because they may play each other in the playoffs so you don't want to show your whole hand. On the other hand, we're division rivals so we already know each other inside and out and I think both coaches like to win and go for the kill so it may be as Arians is claiming and be played as if it were game 1 of the season. If that's the case, lets see what the "hot" chickens are made of. We beat them in SEA and they are more one dimensional without a running game so on paper we should crush them but division games don't play on paper and both teams have no love for the other so it should be a good game. If Rashad is out yet again, I'd worry that Wussel will abuse us with his legs, we need a spy.

Anyway, let's extend the win streak to 10 in a row and get win number 14! 14-2 here we come! Go Cardinals!

JAX @ HOU
PIT @ CLE
NYJ @ BUF
NE @ MIA
TEN @ IND
BAL @ CIN
WAS @ DAL
NO @ ATL
DET @ CHI
PHI @ NYG

STL @ SF
TB @ CAR
OAK @ KC
SD @ DEN
SEA @ ARI

MIN @ GB
Think Arizona will try more than we will. We're pretty much locked into the six seed, you guys have a sit at the 1 seed.

squicken

And they did the same for Ray Rice

And you'll note I defended and supported neither of it ever. I always called and call both out as despicable, and I enjoyed this season of misery which I consider universal karma for at least the Ray Rice one

If only Eagles and Patriots fans could do the same for their terrible people :[

Fair enough. Jackson stuff was before my time, but at least on this board, none of the Eagles fans seem to think letting him go was a good idea

The odd thing on Shady was that the Philly media was almost gleeful in slamming him when Buffalo lost. National people were weren't as happy, but still ripped him too. Even some Buffalo writers ripped him. He must be a pretty unlikable dude

eznark

Banned

I mean thats fine I guess. I just don't but that much emotion into the future of coaches from teams that aren't my own. I don't care at all if Todd Bowles fails. This is the first time I think I've typed Todd Bowles.

Fair enough. Jackson stuff was before my time, but at least on this board, none of the Eagles fans seem to think letting him go was a good idea

The odd thing on Shady was that the Philly media was almost gleeful in slamming him when Buffalo lost. National people were weren't as happy, but still ripped him too. Even some Buffalo writers ripped him. He must be a pretty unlikable dude

Shady probably had an ego build up from the amount of praise he got for his fantastic seasons, and with how he acted right before the Bills game, slamming was deserved, but I still feel he was given a bad hand on his way out and that didn't help matters.

The Desean stuff was really fucking bad, no way around it. Two full weeks of people everywhere in the league talking about if he may have ever been in a gang, and the allegations did affect his future even when the dust finally cleared (he took a contract with Washington worth less than his extension with Philly was expected to be). I'm just glad he had the last laugh in the end

BigAT

Dude there is no hope, at all. Eagles are gonna get a coach who won't threaten Howie. Some crap like Sean Payton or McDermott. This is as bad as it has ever been for the Eagles. Eagles are going to do a complete rebuild with Howie in control. We have seen several years of Howie picking already, it was terrible the first time and will be even worse now.

Super Bowl winning coaches = crap

The Eagles tradition continues.

Hindl

Jackson was a mistake, pretty much everyone was against it. The double whammy came with Cooper getting signed later in the season, which we're waiting for June 1st so he can be cut.

Shady got a raw deal just like DJax, and I felt for him. But he just burned every bridge on his way out, and he just handled it unprofessionally. He'd have a ton more love if he handled it like DJax, but the way he was acting rubbed a bunch of people the wrong way. DJax handled it right, some people hated him when he came back to Philly, but he gets no ill will from me

In other news JMatt wants Bradford back

This is what happens when you comment on guys "not being in their gap" without really knowing the play call. It's hard for me to bitch about the DT's here since it looks to me like they are stunting. The only guy who really is out of position is the defensive end who is over-aggressive and goes deeper than the ball carrier.

The back 7 though...woof

It was funny listening to the media talk about how Miami ran a 2 gap system which was slowing down the pass rush yet the film said otherwise and they kept beating on that drum. Same thing they are saying about Lazors system being a copy of Chips, it wasn't but the media will bring it up as a point against getting Chip (Who I'm not in favor of getting)

Desean Jacksons house has been robbed by gang members twice since he left the Eagles. The nfl had to step in and stop shady from having a rape party. Both guys are garbage as people. Chips terrible crime is not wanting to coach a team with terrible people on it. Your hate of him is easily the most stupid thing on this board. Chip gutted the 4-12 team that Andy left him because it wasn't good enough to win a championship. That is to be commended.

This is what happens when you comment on guys "not being in their gap" without really knowing the play call. It's hard for me to bitch about the DT's here since it looks to me like they are stunting. The only guy who really is out of position is the defensive end who is over-aggressive and goes deeper than the ball carrier.

The back 7 though...woof
Omar Kelly is mostly a dumbass but I like some of the clips he posts. Really this is just an example of how abysmal the LB and safety play (outside of Jones) has been this season. And even Jones whiffed HARD on that play...

squicken

Super Bowl winning coaches = crap

The Eagles tradition continues.

I disagree with him on Payton, though I think his issues with hiring defensive coaches and picking players leaves a lot to be desired. McDermott who knows?

But the Roseman thing is a big deal front what I have read. Their front offense has been a revolving door b/c Howie would fire or force out anyone who he felt threatened by, including McDermott's brother Tim. He would scapegoat his underlings when any draft pick or FA signing went bad. When Chip tried to hire a personnel guy after getting full control, he had a lot of trouble b/c Howie is considered toxic to most people.

The Eagles aren't going to be any coaches' first choice as long as Howie is in the building. Even if he isn't the GM, he'll always have Lurie's ear

RBH

Well the girl I'm with is a vegetarian so...kinda limits things :). You know any good vegetarian places?

I've heard good things about Cafe Sunflower in Buckhead. One of my favorite Thai places (Nan) has a decent amount of vegetarian options also. If you guys are into pizza, Varuni Napoli is the new best pizza place in Atlanta and located right next to Piedmont Park.

As far as bars go, I really like the Painted Pin. It's not just a bar per se, as they've got a lot of different things to keep you busy like bocce ball, bowling, ping pong, life-size Jenga, etc. Ormsby's is another place that's similar to Painted Pin, but smaller and without the bowling.

I mean thats fine I guess. I just don't but that much emotion into the future of coaches from teams that aren't my own. I don't care at all if Todd Bowles fails. This is the first time I think I've typed Todd Bowles.

I'm in PA (closer to Baltimore than either of the two teams here though, which is why I'm a Ravens fan), my first live game was an Eagles game, and it's hard to not be somewhat interested in their plight considering how much they're talked about around here.

I just hate the idea that the fans here drove another person away, because I've seen them drive people away and this was nowhere near that bad. Reid was arguable but ultimately he needed to go, but what this state did to McNabb to this day is one of the worst ways an area's treated one of its most successful sports players. It was hard to go anywhere or watch anything or hear anyone sporting-related that last month without people talking about how happy they were he was getting the fuck out. With Reid, the time came to mutually part. With Chip, the time came to part. With McNabb, they just ran him the fuck out, and it was sad to personally witness

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's okay. We have jobs and non-farming related activities to keep us occupied when our teams suck.

Pretty sure that booze keeps me plenty occupied these days!

Also Green Bay going to spank that Minny ass before getting bounced in the first round against whoever (unless it's Minny again)

Top Bottom