• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

Fun Giants stat of the day:

The Giants defense are on the verge of something big, something historic, and something shameful. It's no surprise to anyone with two working eyes and a beating heart that the Giants have been systematically incapable of stopping opposing quarterbacks from generating significant yardage on a weekly basis.

Even after holding Teddy Bridgewater to a meager 168 yards through the air, the Giants have a good shot at surpassing the record for most passing yards allowed in a single season. They're just 328 yards shy of the 4,796 yards allowed by 2011 Green Bay Packers. The Giants' upcoming game is against the Philadelphia Eagles and Sam Bradford is on a hot streak, averaging -- would you believe it -- 329 yards over the last three games.

With Tom Coughlin's job security in danger, the Giants could look to replace him for next season. Amazingly, a popular name floated as a possible candidate is that of defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. We know that he's well liked within the organization, but is it really a possibility that he not only survives this statistical nadir but uses it to catapult up the ranks?

This isn't even his first crime. In 2012, he was at the helm of a New Orleans Saints defense that allowed the most total yardage in history. Hitting these lows once in your career may be written off as an anomaly, but twice in four years? That's a pattern, and it's terrifying. If Spagnuolo is the head coach in 2016, something has gone very, very wrong.

effzee

I'm in PA (closer to Baltimore than either of the two teams here though, which is why I'm a Ravens fan), my first live game was an Eagles game, and it's hard to not be somewhat interested in their plight considering how much they're talked about around here.

I just hate the idea that the fans here drove another person away, because I've seen them drive people away and this was nowhere near that bad. Reid was arguable but ultimately he needed to go, but what this state did to McNabb to this day is one of the worst ways an area's treated one of its most successful sports players. It was hard to go anywhere or watch anything or hear anyone sporting-related that last month without people talking about how happy they were he was getting the fuck out. With Reid, the time came to mutually part. With Chip, the time came to part. With McNabb, they just ran him the fuck out, and it was sad to personally witness

The McNabb thing is only point I agree with.

Your dislike for Chip makes no sense. While I didn't want McCoy or DeSean gone, they had tons of money tied to them and weren't the character guys Chip wanted. Chip wanted more Maclin and less me first guys like DJax.

His biggest crime is not understanding you can't win with just #culture.

MechDX

Pretty sure that booze keeps me plenty occupied these days!

Also Green Bay going to spank that Minny ass before getting bounced in the first round against whoever (unless it's Minny again)

Winner of that game hosts Seattle. Loser gets to go to Washington.

Is winning really in your teams best interest?

PxJuWTd.jpg

jesus christ rob

Hindl

Desean Jacksons house has been robbed by gang members twice since he left the Eagles. The nfl had to step in and stop shady from having a rape party. Both guys are garbage as people. Chips terrible crime is not wanting to coach a team with terrible people on it. Your hate of him is easily the most stupid thing on this board. Chip gutted the 4-12 team that Andy left him because it wasn't good enough to win a championship. That is to be commended.

Dude stop. Shady is a shithead but Desean just got fucked. Yeah he grew up in a rough crowd, and some of that shit from his past comes back to him. That doesn't mean he's got gang ties, DJax got a rough deal no matter what way you cut it.

I'm in PA (closer to Baltimore than either of the two teams here though, which is why I'm a Ravens fan), my first live game was an Eagles game, and it's hard to not be somewhat interested in their plight considering how much they're talked about around here.

I just hate the idea that the fans here drove another person away, because I've seen them drive people away and this was nowhere near that bad. Reid was arguable but ultimately he needed to go, but what this state did to McNabb to this day is one of the worst ways an area's treated one of its most successful sports players. It was hard to go anywhere or watch anything or hear anyone sporting-related that last month without people talking about how happy they were he was getting the fuck out. With Reid, the time came to mutually part. With Chip, the time came to part. With McNabb, they just ran him the fuck out, and it was sad to personally witness

People hated McNabb from day one, which is a shame because he was our best quarterback ever. Cataldi, one of the local radio guys, even got a bunch of Philly fans and bused them to the 1999 draft where McNabb was selected to boo him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBJEfmQA9q4

Fuck Cataldi

Desean Jacksons house has been robbed by gang members twice since he left the Eagles. The nfl had to step in and stop shady from having a rape party. Both guys are garbage as people. Chips terrible crime is not wanting to coach a team with terrible people on it. Your hate of him is easily the most stupid thing on this board. Chip gutted the 4-12 team that Andy left him because it wasn't good enough to win a championship. That is to be commended.

121414-NFL-Philadelphia-Eagles-receiver-Riley-Cooper-PI.vadapt.620.high.78.jpg

squicken

In other news JMatt wants Bradford back

I'd guess so. He's 24th in the league with 117 targets. Bummer with JMatt is that he just didn't do much the times they lined him up outside. Most coaches want the ability to line up their WRs in varied looks, but Matthews was almost always a slot guy

My grandma's house was robbed by gang members once. I should ask her what set she claims.

Hindl

I'd guess so. He's 24th in the league with 117 targets. Bummer with JMatt is that he just didn't do much the times they lined him up outside. Most coaches want the ability to line up their WRs in varied looks, but Matthews was almost always a slot guy

That's the only place Chip would really play him because he liked the mismatches, so that's where he spent most his time. If another coach comes in and moves him around more, we could see something different

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Winner of that game hosts Seattle. Loser gets to go to Washington.

Is winning really in your teams best interest?

Don't think there's any scenario where Green Bay gets to avoid Arizona, Carolina, New England, or Denver anyway.

Our best interest was teaching Davante Adams to not be the worst receiver in football but you get what you get.

Did she invite them in to her house and party with them first?

Possibly.

I'm not defending DeSean. He probably is a dirtbag. Lots of dudes in the NFL are. But if you want to release/trade him, then just do that. No need to smear guys on the way out to try and justify your decisions, especially when you just gave a racist dirtbag an extension. Not a good look. Kiko Alonso is no saint either.

Draxal

Fun Giants stat of the day:

I mean Spags was given jackshit to work with both of these teams, the Saints defense is still horrific to this day.

No way he should be the head coach though, too old (imho I think they want to go for a young coach that lasts for 12-15 years) and his tenure as a head coach was disastrous.

Maybe Desean has been hanging out with Bruce Arians and thats why Yankee hates him so much

I dont hate Djax at all, I just find it funny that sweeny is sticking up for him. He got a new contract, and then right after the playoff loss he mentioned his contract again. Ez says you should pay wr's and chip didnt, an he is getting killed for it.

Hindl

what the fuck this is horrible

Yeah he was always playing with a chip on his shoulder, some people hated him even as he came in and almost immediately was playing better than any previous Eagles QB. The worst part? The media and fans wanted Ricky fucking Williams instead.

I'll say it again, I love the Eagles, but the media and parts of the fanbase in Philly are absolutely disgusting

squicken

I dont hate Djax at all, I just find it funny that sweeny is sticking up for him. He got a new contract, and then right after the playoff loss he mentioned his contract again. Ez says you should pay wr's and chip didnt, an he is getting killed for it.

Chip is getting killed for stuff that came out in the papers about gang relations after Jackson was cut. Did it somehow get back that Chip was the one leaking it?

effzee

Chip is getting killed for stuff that came out in the papers about gang relations after Jackson was cut. Did it somehow get back that Chip was the one leaking it?

Nope but that is the assumption.

I hated how that all went down but DeSean had character issues coming out of college and they didn't go away. He also didn't buy in to the program Chip brought. That plus his contact were the reasons they wanted to move on. The gang stuff was embarrassing but there is no way of confirming who released that.

What bothered me even more was they didn't even try to get compensation. Made it known he would be cut and then but him.

Striker

I mean Spags was given jackshit to work with both of these teams, the Saints defense is still horrific to this day.

No way he should be the head coach though, too old (imho I think they want to go for a young coach that lasts for 12-15 years) and his tenure as a head coach was disastrous.
I think they'll go to McAdoo if anything.

But it'll be interesting. Josh McDaniels and Adam Gase will be key names brought up often I'm sure.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
More:

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ
#Browns say CB Tramon Williams indicated concussion-like symptoms on Tuesday and is in protocol after being diagnosed with a concussion.

What the hell is happening?

Doorman

......Oh, the football season is still going on? I had a big family lunch thing going on this past Sunday and literally never saw a single moment of the Lions/49ers game. I haven't actually heard anybody on TV or on the radio talk about the game either, so aside from checking the final score at one point I have no idea what happened, and honestly don't care. Lions aside, even watching the rest of the NFL just seems to have no appeal to me this year, which is unusual. I wonder of the culmination of years of Lions and Wolverines' failures has finally taken its toll on my overall sports enthusiasm? I dunno.

Who are we playing on Sunday? The Bears? Go go Cutler-magic.

Top Bottom