• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

MechDX

When McDaniels joins the Eagles, Chip can become our OC.

chipkelly_farleychippendales1.gif

Shirtless OC!

Spin! Where are the cheerleader pics you bastard.

Honestly if she is that outspoken about how much she dislikes Tannehill I would be inclined to think Brent agrees. It's not like he's ever stood up for Tannehill.

There is no way he doesn't know what she said so chances are he feels the same way.

Yeah I know and now he defends him lol Miko and Omar have had it out for Ryan since he was drafted. Oh well Grimes is done in Miami anyways so hopefully we don't have to hear from her again.

Gigglepoo

He wanted out IMO, he is a lot like Petrino. If I was an owner I wouldnt touch him

Of course he did. Would you want to coach that team? They have no talent on offense anymore and their defense is iffy (with a few stand-out players). That's a two or three year rebuild, if they're lucky.

Lurie just mentioned how he's going to look for a coach who values "emotional intelligence." Really sounds like Chip lost the locker room.

I've been saying that for months. You can tell when a team quits.

Yeah I know and now he defends him lol Miko and Omar have had it out for Ryan since he was drafted. Oh well Grimes is done in Miami anyways so hopefully we don't have to hear from her again.
Good thing all those young CBs we drafted are going to rise up and become quality starters. Jamar Taylor, Will Davis, McCain, all those guys! Future is bright!

MechDX

Of course he did. Would you want to coach that team? They have no talent on offense anymore and their defense is iffy (with a few stand-out players). That's a two or three year rebuild, if they're lucky.

So he fucks it up, takes no responsibility and then leaves.

Quality guy that chip

Line_HTX

Spin! Where are the cheerleader pics you bastard.

What did she get arrested for again? Resisting arrest?

What did she get arrested for again? Resisting arrest?

Yeah she crossed over to a secured location and when they asked her to leave she refused.

Good thing all those young CBs we drafted are going to rise up and become quality starters. Jamar Taylor, Will Davis, McCain, all those guys! Future is bright!

Ugh that reminds me, I was listening to the latest Ian podcast and started going on and on about Sean Smith and how good he's been. :( The Ross era has been a total cluster fuck of terrible decisions from top to bottom.

Nah it was the Miami game that was the beginning of the end. Even Billy Davis brought up how crushing that loss was.

I'd quit football too if I lost to Miami.

MechDX

The AFCS can be fun next year!

BOB in Houston with Brees
Bradley on his last chance in Jacksonville
Saban in Indy bringing in a bunch of former Tide players
Chip getting mariotta killed

Ugh that reminds me, I was listening to the latest Ian podcast and started going on and on about Sean Smith and how good he's been. :( The Ross era has been a total cluster fuck of terrible decisions from top to bottom.
This is the kind of historical trend that makes me terrified of Tannehill leaving. Someone will be the next Drew Brees.

I'm sure Miller will tear it up wherever he goes as well.

Hindl

Far Cry 4 worth $20?

Finally on sale at Steam

Seems a bit high for an old Ubisoft game.

It's only a year old, and I'd say go for it. Depends on how you felt about FC3. It's pretty much more of that, so if that sounds good it's a great game. It's really fun but if you're burned out on those games I could see it not being for you

gutshot

Seems pretty clear to me now that Lurie wasn't even that thrilled with Chip's approach during those first two seasons, despite the team going 10-6. Giving him full control last offseason was less a vote of confidence and more giving him some rope to see if he'd hang himself. And he did.

Finally added you back on XBL Bread.. didn't recognize the name so had to look it up.

Anybody on here play GTA ONline on XBL? Recently been playing it again.

MechDX

Neil Stratton ‏@InsideTheLeague 16m16 minutes ago
We're hearing #Texans will move GM Rick Smith into upper mgmt role (Pres.?) and elevate Brian Gaine to GM. Timing unclear; may be post-draft

Crying-happy-tears.gif

carlton-dance-o.gif

If true this is a fucking glorious day! Gaine keeps being mentioned for GM on other teams and is close to O'Brien so it makes sense.

Please Uncle Bob...,make it happen

effzee

Seems pretty clear to me now that Lurie wasn't even that thrilled with Chip's approach during those first two seasons, despite the team going 10-6. Giving him full control last offseason was less a vote of confidence and more giving him some rope to see if he'd hang himself. And he did.

We all know there is some revisionist history there. Lurie, like Chip, isn't going go be 100% honest but we can read between the lines.

Howie fired Tom Gamble. Maybe Chip wouldn't have wanted full control had Gamble stayed. Gamble was from a strong line of scouts and had a hand in rebuilding the 49ers. He was Chip'S guy.

Minute Gamble leaves rumors fly that Chip might leave. Lurie and Chip have meeting which results in Chip getting full powrr and Howie demoted. We know what happened. Lurie got worried Chip would leave.

And you only worry and give in if you really like the coach and think things are progressing in the right direction.

Of course Lurie won't admit to that. Biggest mistake was keeping Howie in the building as well.

Think Arizona will try more than we will. We're pretty much locked into the six seed, you guys have a sit at the 1 seed.

If GB manages to win you'd have the tie breaker over Minny if you won, wouldn't you? I know it's more likely Minny wins but it's also more likely that Carolina wins too so honestly neither team have a great shot at moving up. This will be about beating a division rival because of the coaches we have and their mentality as well as not liking the other team.

effzee

He wanted out IMO, he is a lot like Petrino. If I was an owner I wouldnt touch him

You are just making shit up now.

How do you know he waneed to leave? Cause Lurie said he didn't beg for his job? Even if he did beg you really think the owner is going to bad mouth him and reveal that Chip tried to argue or beg for his job.

Cmon man. It's simple. Lurie probably asked him to let go of personnel power and change how he approaches people/players. Chip said no especially since that meant giving in to Howie. Lurie said fine then you are done here.

effzee

So it seems like Howie is in charge of pro personnel and Donahoe in charge of college scouting/draft

Sweet. So the man who couldn't get along with Bill Cowher and then ran the Bills into the ground and glorified accountant Howie who Judy got rid of his 2nd coach and is responsible for shit drafts will run the FO.

No outside voice needed! And a coach who will succumb to them!

Man I wished they would look to bring a traditional GM like Chris Ballard and let him build by himself.

Howie cost the Eagles Tom Gamble, Chip, and Ed Marynowitz. This guy is teflon or has pictures of Lurie or something.

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 5m5 minutes ago
Colts coach Chuck Pagano announces Andrew Luck is out. Will choose b/w 3 guys with 9 days combined on the roster (Lindley, Morris, Freeman)

"2-6 weeks" yeah right. Happy they didnt rush him back. That injury while playing football can be lethal.

Freeman starting? Oh hell yes!

effzee

Lurie knew he was going to fire Chip and says (who knows?) he fired him now so he could get a jump on the hiring process. Also says he wants to connect with current guys to figure out how they respond to coaching and what they respond to. They have already started on search

FO is vague. Howie may have overall control but Donahoe is the scouting director. Coach will have some role as well. But Howie is a guy that the coach will have to deal with

I really liked the explanation of why now. Especially dealing with player feedback.

Hate the FO makeup.

effzee

Chip checked out of Philly the minute the Titans gig opened up.

Except they won some big games after it. And all reports are he was surprised by the firing, wanted to be back, and was already drafting an extension for Cooper.

People just making shit up even when it's pretty obvious what took place.

effzee

I wonder what happens to all the changesChip made to the cafeteria and training facilities?

I woneed how much of the sports science, the diets, and good habits remain.

Judy yesterday Jenkins was talking about how even after playing almost 2 more games then any other team cause of defensive snaps, he feels fresh and healthy cause of the work out programs and training.

Is fast food Friday coming back?

Top Bottom