• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

squicken

I feel like we are going to get a flood of awesome Saban-esque stories this off-season.

Yeah Lurie was pretty clear about what he thought Chip's failings were. As much as I think Chip is a good offensive mind, a lot of what I heard today makes it really difficult to imagine him getting another HC job soon. He needs his image repaired

SonnyBoy

I just think he's leaning into this you like that thing a little too hard. I'm happy he has found some success though, I hope he keeps it up.

I don't think thats fair. He's not out there spurring it onward. He did it one time and used it to raise money for charity. Unless I've missed something, it's the fans and his teammates that are saying it now. Hell, a Ravens player said it coming into the tunnel after beating the Steelers. Outside of that, the SNF crew asked him to do it on set after Saturdays game.

Kirk is the anti-RGIII in this regard.

I don't think thats fair. He's not out there spurring it onward. He did it one time and used it to raise money for charity. Unless I've missed something, it's the fans and his teammates that are saying it now. Hell, a Ravens player said it coming into the tunnel after beating the Steelers.

Kirk is the anti-RGIII in this regard.
Kirk Cousins sends Michigan State quarterbacks 'You like that' shirts

Kirk Cousins and his brother have applied to trademark ‘You Like That’

Just callin' it like I see it. Not like it's a huge deal either way.

Lane Johnson said Chip was unapproachable. Brandon Boykin said the the same thing after he was traded. Lane also said tension within the front office was a problem too. Brandon Graham says they need to hire an NFL coach. So not a lot of defending Chip going on
To bad they can't cut both guys.

effzee

Chip gutted the 10-6 team that got him the praise he clearly didn't deserve... If DJax was that horrible, release him without smearing the guy. Yet... He rewards Cooper with a contract extension. Eagles fans got everything they deserved in Chip Kelly.

Huh? Eagles fans got what they deserved? How or why exactly? Also 1 Eagles fan posting for or against any particular move doesn't represent the fan base in total.

I was always against the DJAX release but not going to deny he was a head case who, unlike Maclin, was all about himself.

SonnyBoy

Huh? Eagles fans got what they deserved? How or why exactly? Also 1 Eagles fan posting for or against any particular move doesn't represent the fan base in total.

I was always against the DJAX release but not going to deny he was a head case who, unlike Maclin, was all about himself.

The overall sentiment that I observed, was in support of his callous actions. Obviously there are more considerate/thoughtful fans out there who didn't like the move. This wasn't a dig at you individually, I apologize if you took it that way.

I just really hated to see a man tarnish a guys reputation and be lauded for it.

Bread

Banned
What's the white version of a cornball brotha? Can such a thing even exist?
image.php

Vincent Bonsignore ‏@DailyNewsVinny 1h1 hour ago
Should get confirmation soon but hearing Bob Iger could be in NY &/or Houston for #NFL owners meetings with #Raiders/#Chargers/Carson

Chargers/Raiders bringing the thunder

Hindl

I just think he's leaning into this you like that thing a little too hard. I'm happy he has found some success though, I hope he keeps it up.

I kind of agree, but he mostly is just using it for fun, and as long as it doesn't keep going to his head it should be fine

From listening to Chris Cooley's weekly film reviews. I'm inclined to believe that Kirk can be this good on a consistent basis. Especially now that we have a legit GM.

Yeah, fuck the Redskins to hell, but it's always nice to see a backup get the chance to start and shine. I'm happy for him and hopes he turns into a good QB, as long as he loses to the Eagles

@ArmandoSalguero: Damontre Moore grabbed a microphone and interrupted Tannehill presser to ask a question ...
DBs hooting and hollering while Grimes is talking to media, one getting on his seat to shoot a selfie of the scene ...
Very immature. Not professional atmosphere.

@AdamHBeasley: It was a CIRCUS around Grimes in the locker room. Bobby McCain was taping the press conference. Players were SCREAMING so we couldn't hear.

good luck whoever the next coach is

Today was the deadline for stadium proposals:

The city of St Louis submitted a 500 page proposal.

The city of San Diego submitted a 41 page proposal.

The city of Oakland submitted a 5 page "proposal".

@ArmandoSalguero: Damontre Moore grabbed a microphone and interrupted Tannehill presser to ask a question ...
DBs hooting and hollering while Grimes is talking to media, one getting on his seat to shoot a selfie of the scene ...

@AdamHBeasley: It was a CIRCUS around Grimes in the locker room. Bobby McCain was taping the press conference. Players were SCREAMING so we couldn't hear.

The Dolphins had a video of this interview on their website but have since taken it down.

Most of the defense will be replaced anyways, especially the DBs.

DMczaf

3 of the pages were the cover, table of contents and resources

Drakeon

So what I'm getting out of this is St Louis really wants to keep the Rams (which is funny, because Kroenke is probably the owner who wants to move to LA the most if I'm remembering correctly). San Diego and Oakland, not so much. I keep hearing Around the NFL crew downplay Oakland's chances of moving this offseason. Think this pushes them more towards moving to LA?

wat

So what I'm getting out of this is St Louis really wants to keep the Rams (which is funny, because Kroenke is probably the owner who wants to move to LA the most if I'm remembering correctly). San Diego and Oakland, not so much. I keep hearing Around the NFL crew downplay Oakland's chances of moving this offseason. Think this pushes them more towards moving to LA?

Nope, the Raiders hopes ride on the coattails of Dean Spanos. The NFL doesn't care that the Raiders play in the worst stadium in the league and that the city has done jack shit to keep them. It all comes down to the fact that Mark Davis is "poor" and not in the inner circle of NFL owners. Being given the LA market is a gift, and not one that the NFL appears to be comfortable handing to Mark Davis. This comes down to the influence of Spanos and the NFL's desire to have Bob Iger involved in the league vs. Kroenke's cash.

Top Bottom