• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

rando14

:jnc they played EDP's reaction to Chip getting canned on sports radio today

Seattle sports radio is pretty shit tho... :\

j-wood

Of course he did. Would you want to coach that team? They have no talent on offense anymore and their defense is iffy (with a few stand-out players). That's a two or three year rebuild, if they're lucky.

I've been saying that for months. You can tell when a team quits.

Shouldn't it be noted that they don't have talent because Chip traded it away?

eznark

Banned
Congrats to Texans GAF for the promotion of one of the principal architects of the current Dolphins roster to GM.

I'm sure it will work out well.

squicken

I really liked the explanation of why now. Especially dealing with player feedback.

Hate the FO makeup.

Exactly my same thoughts. Probably a little smoke on what really happened in that meeting, but I don't doubt he wants to meet with players

e: STL sent in the proposal for the riverfront stadium today. But STL has had so much rain that site might get flooded in the next few days

Spinluck

"2-6 weeks" yeah right. Happy they didnt rush him back. That injury while playing football can be lethal.

Freeman starting? Oh hell yes!

Don't feel like digging my post up, but I felt Luck was out for the season once they announced the injury.

Them not doing so (putting him on IR) was just a smokescreen.

This is the kind of historical trend that makes me terrified of Tannehill leaving. Someone will be the next Drew Brees.

I'm sure Miller will tear it up wherever he goes as well.

Tannehill's gonna do what LeBron can't and leave Miami to bring a championship to Cleveland.

I'm sure Miller's gonna break the rushing record too and be a star for the Cowboys.

Congrats to Texans GAF for the promotion of one of the principal architects of the current Dolphins roster to GM.

I'm sure it will work out well.
I mean, kind of? Gaine was under Ireland but Ireland's last draft was 2013. When Hickey and Tannenbaum rolled into town they tore down a lot of what the old regime did, especially the big free agent signings (Wallace, Ellerbee, Wheeler, etc.). Only a few good Ireland picks like Jones, Pouncey, and Miller are still around.

Lack of consistency leads to a big muddled mess of a roster but it's hard to settle for mediocrity for too long. Hard to say who's at fault sometimes other than ownership.

MechDX

Don't feel like digging my post up, but I felt Luck was out for the season once they announced the injury.

Them not doing so (putting him on IR) was just a smokescreen.

I know you did. As much as I dislike the Colts I was worried they would rush him back and after reading up on that injury it could have been a big damn distater if they did.

Hindl

It's a great game. I absolutely loved it, but I also really liked 3 and like Future said, it's pretty much the same game.

I'm hyped for Primal too

I'm wary because WiLD (that Michel Ancel game) looks like it's doing everything Far Cry: Primal wants to do better

I wonder what happens to all the changesChip made to the cafeteria and training facilities?

I woneed how much of the sports science, the diets, and good habits remain.

Judy yesterday Jenkins was talking about how even after playing almost 2 more games then any other team cause of defensive snaps, he feels fresh and healthy cause of the work out programs and training.

Is fast food Friday coming back?

Chip has the password to all the smoothie machines. Eagles are fucked.

Season coming full circle. We always have some rando at Qb start the last game vs the steelers.
Andrew Gribble
Andrew Gribble – ‏@Andrew_Gribble

Terrelle Pryor will get some snaps at QB at today's practice, Pettine says
Austin Davis will get the start though if Johnson dosent play

Season coming full circle. We always have some rando at Qb start the last game vs the steelers.

I bet you Manziel got caught drinking again and rather than air out Haslam's guy for the third time in a season they concocted this "concussion" business.

I bet you Manziel got caught drinking again and rather than air out Haslam's guy for the third time in a season they concocted this "concussion" business.
I wouldn't rule any tomfoolery out. I'm sure we'll hear about it, if more is going on. Does seem kinda odd.

He could be really hurt though, and durability becomes a question

SonnyBoy

Exactly my same thoughts. Probably a little smoke on what really happened in that meeting, but I don't doubt he wants to meet with players

I think considering Chips actions towards players, I think it may be wise in this circumstance to get a pulse of the locker room.

Desean Jacksons house has been robbed by gang members twice since he left the Eagles. The nfl had to step in and stop shady from having a rape party. Both guys are garbage as people. Chips terrible crime is not wanting to coach a team with terrible people on it. Your hate of him is easily the most stupid thing on this board. Chip gutted the 4-12 team that Andy left him because it wasn't good enough to win a championship. That is to be commended.

That argument falls apart when you see Riley Cooper on the team.

rando14

Myboy, Terrelle pryor!!

giphy.gif

On December 30th, 2012 ESPN Stats and Info posted that the Dallas Cowboys were 136-136 in wins/losses going back to 1997. In 2013, they went 8-8. In 2014, they went 12-4. They currently stand at 4-11. If they lose this weekend, they will maintain their perfect .500 record in the regular season since 1997.

Even after breaking free of the 3 straight years of averageness, 2 years later they still can't escape 8-8

squicken

Lane Johnson said Chip was unapproachable. Brandon Boykin said the the same thing after he was traded. Lane also said tension within the front office was a problem too. Brandon Graham says they need to hire an NFL coach. So not a lot of defending Chip going on

Lane Johnson:

"I don't think everyone was onboard and headed in the same direction. I want to see a guy who really cares about his players and isn't so set in his ways so we can all go in the same direction.

People felt more comfortable talking to position coaches. I could personally talk to Chip, he was unapproachable sometimes. Several players didn't think Chip Kelly was approachable.

I liked Chip. I had no personal problem with Chip. He drafted me, I made great strides under him here. I think there was tension in the front office and anytime you have that going on up there, it's never good."

eznark

Banned
Lane Johnson said Chip was unapproachable. Brandon Boykin said the the same thing after he was traded. Lane also said tension within the front office was a problem too. Brandon Graham says they need to hire an NFL coach. So not a lot of defending Chip going on

I feel like we are going to get a flood of awesome Saban-esque stories this off-season.

SonnyBoy

Desean Jacksons house has been robbed by gang members twice since he left the Eagles. The nfl had to step in and stop shady from having a rape party. Both guys are garbage as people. Chips terrible crime is not wanting to coach a team with terrible people on it. Your hate of him is easily the most stupid thing on this board. Chip gutted the 4-12 team that Andy left him because it wasn't good enough to win a championship. That is to be commended.

Chip gutted the 10-6 team that got him the praise he clearly didn't deserve... If DJax was that horrible, release him without smearing the guy. Yet... He rewards Cooper with a contract extension. Eagles fans got everything they deserved in Chip Kelly.

Kirk needs to chill. He's starting to act like a wannabe RGIII.

What has he done?

Juicy Bob

Yeah he was always playing with a chip on his shoulder, some people hated him even as he came in and almost immediately was playing better than any previous Eagles QB. The worst part? The media and fans wanted Ricky fucking Williams instead.

I'll say it again, I love the Eagles, but the media and parts of the fanbase in Philly are absolutely disgusting
I'm from the UK. I've never been to Philadelphia or seen an NFL game in my life. I know I don't really have a place to be critical of the home town fans and media at all because I'm just an outsider. I was never really into soccer - I find professional football such a toxic thing. But with the Eagles and the NFL, I've slowly developed a major fucking attachment to this team ever since Super Bowl 39 - the first NFL game I ever watched.

I love that the home town fans are passionate as fuck. It's great that they sell out the Linc every single home game. I don't mind when the fans boo the players when they are playing like shit - if you're all paid professionals, you shouldn't be making basic execution errors or dropping passes all over the field or going three-and-out in three or four consecutive drives. I like the fact that even though our record doesn't really warrant it, the Eagles are one of the most publicised and talked about teams - they're always a storyline team.

I do think there's a huge amount of pressure put on the team and the coach because of this. It's obvious Chip was under extra scrutiny in the media and by the fans than he probably would've been with another team with the same circumstances. I'm one for not making rash decisions as I think you can do just as much harm calling for a coach's head after one bad season than you can do good by firing him. And definitely don't listen to the fans on everything - we booed McNabb getting drafted, after all.

I just wonder if the Philly media and the fan's expectations and long, long wait for a championship isn't contributing to the mess we're in now. I get that firing Kelly can be more than justified on a number of grounds and you have to trust Lurie's judgement as he is best placed of anyone to make the call for the team's future, but man... what kind of expectations are there going to be on whoever takes the job now? And if they struggle next year, are they going to be dumped too?

Dragon

Banned
I've heard good things about Cafe Sunflower in Buckhead. One of my favorite Thai places (Nan) has a decent amount of vegetarian options also. If you guys are into pizza, Varuni Napoli is the new best pizza place in Atlanta and located right next to Piedmont Park.

As far as bars go, I really like the Painted Pin. It's not just a bar per se, as they've got a lot of different things to keep you busy like bocce ball, bowling, ping pong, life-size Jenga, etc. Ormsby's is another place that's similar to Painted Pin, but smaller and without the bowling.

Cool. Actually staying in Buckhead. These sound great. Thanks dude!

That argument falls apart when you see Riley Cooper on the team.

Why is Cooper on the team again?

Hindl

Kirk needs to chill. He's starting to act like a wannabe RGIII.

He led his team out of a shit division after everyone wrote them off. And he gave Skins fans something to cheer for and distract them from all the Dan Snyder shit that went this offseason, so it's understandable. The issue is if this is a Foles situation and he regresses, or if he's truly becoming a good QB

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 1m1 minute ago
The healthy quarterbacks on the Colts' roster: Stephen Morris, Josh Freeman, Ryan Lindley
Lets have a pool for who starts at QB for the Colts this week.

My heart wants Freeman but my mind says Morris?

SonnyBoy

He led his team out of a shit division after everyone wrote them off. And he gave Skins fans something to cheer for and distract them from all the Dan Snyder shit that went this offseason, so it's understandable. The issue is if this is a Foles situation and he regresses, or if he's truly becoming a good QB

From listening to Chris Cooley's weekly film reviews. I'm inclined to believe that Kirk can be this good on a consistent basis. Especially now that we have a legit GM.

I just think he's leaning into this you like that thing a little too hard. I'm happy he has found some success though, I hope he keeps it up.

Top Bottom