• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

effzee

Now that the shock and anger has worn off and I am resigned to the fact that Howie the accountant is back in charge, I am really curious to see how potential candidates view this vacancy.

If a highly sought after candidate has multiple offers I think he chooses other franchises over the Eagles due to Howie and because of the lack of a potential QB on this team.

QB is a complete mystery with no clear answers. If the Eagles lose this weekend, they pick in the top 10 but this again a terrible draft to be looking for a QB, just like 2 seasons ago when top candidates were Geno and EJ Manuel.

Whoever takes over will have to solve this problem once and for all. I think at this point it is clear the Eagles need to draft a potential franchise QB even if it is in the 2nd or 3rd round of this year's draft and bring in another veteran or QB with high potential (RG3/Kaep/Tannehill) if any of them are made available.

Skill Positions While Chip got rid of the best WR duo and potentially best RB the franchise has ever had, the positions aren't exactly bare. DeMarco sucked behind a shitty line and running east and west but he has more than proven he can run north and south behind a good line. I think both DeMaro and Ryan Mathews are back if not for anything but because it would cost too much to cut either of these guys.

I do think Sproles is a cap casualty which as much as I like him might be the right thing to do. With Murray and Mathews as vets between the tackle runners, I think the Eagles need to add a young speedy RB.

WRs and TEs: no world beaters but decent. Agholor has to be 10x better in year 2 and if he is he could live up to the billing of "Maclin clone" everyone made him out to be. Him plus Mathews make a decent tandem. They would def need to draft or sign some WRs and have to have to get rid of filth like Cooper. I think Celek is cut but Ertz and Trey Burton make good-great catching TEs.

Overall skill positions are decent to possibly really good depending on who takes over and how they are used. I envision this offense being run heavy with a developing QB. Especially cause of the next group on offense...

OLINE I think Peters is back now. And if healthy I still think he is top 5 LT in the league. Lane Johnson is a great RT. Both can improve from the season they just had. Kelce too. These 3 were excellent the past 2 seasons and all had down seasons this year. Could have been Chip, the system, or the lack of NFL caliber Guards bringing everyone down. I expect a big bound back from these 3 and whoever takes over has to address the 2 Guards positions through the draft and FA.

If the OLINE alone is improved and the skill positions not touched, I think offense returns to respectability.

Won't go into detail over the D other than I think they improve as well without the fast paced offense + talent across the dline lends itself to a 4-3 system.

Out of the early candidates I'd like to see Adam Gase as the HC.

Part of me worries that the Vikings will make a deep run only to lose in either the NFCC or SB in heartbreaking fashion.

That's more daunting to me than going 1 and done.

I've been hurt too many times.

Malalaw

Thinking about it now, I need to get back into streaming. Need to find a game to start with and do a full play through. Hmm..

wtf guys they said not to tell scooter about the community...

ad-george-senior-sad-walk-o.gif

No big deal. It's not like I bought Destiny The Taken King and needed people to raid with or anything.

I hear you. I got a lot of other games I need to play too. Man

Getting old sucks.

Crazily enough, the new Star Wars movie gave me a horrible itch that needed scratching for Star Wars content.

I ended up playing The Old Republic which I was surprised to find out has turned into a really good F2P MMO.

You can just plow through it for the story without dropping a dime with very few restrictions, especially if you were ever a subscriber. (I was the first month it came out but stopped after about two months playing with my friend because it was fucking borked).

KaYotiX

Banned
Getting old sucks.

Crazily enough, the new Star Wars movie gave me a horrible itch that needed scratching for Star Wars content.

I ended up playing The Old Republic which I was surprised to find out has turned into a really good F2P MMO.

You can just plow through it for the story without dropping a dime with very few restrictions, especially if you were ever a subscriber. (I was the first month it came out but stopped after about two months playing with my friend because it was fucking borked).

I loved The Old Republic when it first came out, I played it last month and it's really good but I just don't have time for MMOs anymore.

Top Bottom