• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

squicken

During the year, of the the guys draft eligible, the two who I thought had the best chance to do anything in the pros were Kelly of Ole Miss and Allen of Arky

I haven't seen enough of all the QBs yet, but nothing has impressed me much of what I have seen. Kelly seems like he has Manziel level off field issues, but he also has that gunslinger side that could be an asset of he gets his stuff sorted. Seems to be good enough in size/arm/athleticism.

Allen reminds me of a more physically gifted Chase Daniel. Seems like a guy, who even if he never starts, would be a great backup and worth a mid round pick

e:

Roob wants to hire McDermott and keep Shurmur. Having seen Shurmur in STL and CLE I don't think that would be a good idea for anyone. Though maybe he learned some things from Chip
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...-sean-mcdermott-perfect-fit-eagles-head-coach

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Stephon Tuitt went to Notre Dame, but now he sees the error of his ways.

CXvvIzpWMAEOnns.jpg

squicken

Texans aren't going to draft either he or Cook

e: Nothing to do with your eventual QB. I'm just saying, from everything I have read, the Texans won't want anything to do with those two

MechDX

Texans aren't going to draft either he or Cook

I swear if you say Bradford I will drive to Katy, find you and slap the damn taste out of your mouth.

As for Hacks statement it's like he is begging for O'Brien to draft him. :jnc

Shame Mariotta didn't beg for Chip

effzee

Good point WW. Once Howie is dead, or Lurie sells the team the Eagles will have a chance again.

Eagles already got the Rooney rule interview out of the way:

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter

Eagles RB coach Duce Staley had interviewed for Philadelphia's head coaching job, per @Edwerderespn

Guess this means they are planning to move fast on a coach. Adam Gase come on down.

Duuuuuucccccceeeee!!!

I'd love Duce as the coach.

But yeah I hope Duce gets to stay as RBs coach or something.

Gases would fit Lurie 'saw preference of hiring offensive coaches. Plus Lurie has publicly repeatedly said he wants to get the franchise qb post McNabb. I bet he thinks whoever they draft or bring in has a better chence to develop under Gase then say a McDermott.

Remember when James Franklin was considered hot shit?

He's not still? I think he's positively steaming.

I can't fucking believe TCU is playing without Boykin because he fucking STRUCK A COP.

He ain't good enough to bounce back from that...:(

I mean it's his fault but I feel for the kid. Broke all of Dalton's records.

effzee

lol. Weddle (on IR, post-fine for wanting to watch his daughter perform) showed up to practice with media watching and was sprinting around. Just to show he could.

Fuck the Chargers

He would look amazing in Eagles green playing opposite Jenkins.

Move Thurmond back to CB.

Eagles gaf- What would you guys think of McDermott as HC? To me he is the #1 candidate for the job with Hue and Gase as 2a and 2b. I'd be fine with either of the 3, but I think I want a defensive minded coach who can fix the talent present on D.

McDermott as Head Coach and Spagnola as D coordinator? Both worked together under Jim Johnson and I think would turn the Defense around rather quick.

Though the fact that they have interviewed Duce already and fired Chip so early leads me to believe they have already identified Gase as the top choice and will be ready to announce him as Coach very quickly this coming week.

All the other candidates won't be available to interview until later next week.

Also is Sean Payton confirmed out as Saints coach?

eznark

Banned
I wish the Chargers had a rival so Weddle could sign there. Sadly no one gives a fuck about the Chargers and this clown show certainly doesn't help.

Never heard of Franklin. That must mean he was complete shit.
Mediocre at best coach. Marginal at best recruiter. All American at rape cover up though.

MechDX

And if he is fired or moved, no way Brees sticks around.

Exactly. Still just speculation though as Brees said this week that the Saints have a plan for him and Payton.

A lot of this coaching move talk will become a lot clearer Sunday night and Monday morning

squicken

Though the fact that they have interviewed Duce a day fired Chip so early leads me to believe they have already identified Gase as the top choice and will be ready to announce him as Coach very quickly this coming week. All the other candidates won't be available to interview until later next week.

Also is Sean Payton confirmed out as Saints coach?

I'm not as a cynical on Duce. I think a lot of AA coaches are reluctant to be token candidates, and don't take interviews with teams already linked to known hires.

Now when Philly calls other AA candidates, they know it isn't just for the rule. I think there is benefit to interviewing many candidates. See if someone surprises you and makes a strong case for getting the job. Even if they don't, you have some background on a potential opponent.

For Duce, it's a good chance to go through the interview process and get feedback. He needs to be a coordinator, I think, before getting the job. He just doesn't have enough people he has worked with to think he'd put together a good staff, unless the plan would be to retain lots of Chip's guys

eznark

Banned
Kind of worried that wit Wolf coming in he'll sell Cleveland on Russ Ball. I think Ball would be a great guy to rebuild an organization. He isn't so much a player personnel guy as he is everything else. And since the Browns need a complete organizational gutting, he seems like he'd be perfect.

Top Bottom