• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

RBH

mK4gGCJ.png

9shgrN1.png

Ozeav3d.png

Bxj2M9s.png

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/dane-brugler

Fucken DE as our top pick? Do these idiots even watch the games? We need LB, CB and G, Dolphins better pick one of those with the top pick.
I agree that those needs are massive but so is DE. With Wake gone and Vernon possibly leaving in free agency the Dolphins will have no one to rush the passer which is absolutely critical if you want a decent defense.

MLB would be my top choice if there is a talented enough prospect, though.

Fucken DE as our top pick? Do these idiots even watch the games? We need LB, CB and G, Dolphins better pick one of those with the top pick.

Seriously.. Lineman is the first pick for them. A franchise qb pissing blood is not conducive to the stability of a franchise. At least that's what would make sense to me.. But what do I know?

Seriously.. Lineman is the first pick for them. A franchise qb pissing blood is not conducive to the stability of a franchise. At least that's what would make sense to me.. But what do I know?
Albert and James should be fine at LT/RT if they can just stay healthy (big if, I know). I don't think you should ever draft an OG in round 1 so I don't think they should use the first round pick on an offensive lineman.

The problem hasn't been putting resources into drafting OGs, it's been picking the right guys and/or developing them.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/sullivan-giants-coughlin-should-go-gracefully-1.1481620

Coughlin is probably gone, but it's good that that Reese is taking a lot of heat for this. Coughlin had some idiotic moments (mainly playing Andre Williams all the time, and leaving Kuhn in), but glad Reese is getting ripped apart for this, I thought Coughlin did a great job coaching up a roster that was full of shit myself (and I wanted him gone in 2006-7).

It's going to be an interesting offseason to say the least. Coughlin won't be the only one affected. I think we'll see some serious changes to the scouting and pro-personnel departments before its all said and done. This may end up costing Marc Ross his job as well for his failures in the draft.

So who's the next coach of the NY Giants? Who's of interest to you?

Albert and James should be fine at LT/RT if they can just stay healthy (big if, I know). I don't think you should ever draft an OG in round 1 so I don't think they should use the first round pick on an offensive lineman.

The problem hasn't been putting resources into drafting OGs, it's been picking the right guys and/or developing them.

I see..

That will fit well with
Manziel- rich asshole pothead
Gordon- Dumbass pothead
Correction Manziel is a cokehead. But between the two.. It's Bosa.

Also Greg, I'm not sure if you are joking, but the man is fast.. Plus.. There is still a tiny chance he stays in school to play one season with his brother who is going to OSU and is the better brother in terms of athleticism and strength.

You know the feeling, I'm sure. Your team keeps drafting guys to fill the need positions and they just don't pan out for one reason or another. The next draft rolls around and now you still have those needs plus a few new ones. This is, above all, what keeps the bad teams bad. You just can't get away with consistently whiffing on high round draft picks, the parity in this league is too high.

I am depressing myself talking about this. :(

woah, that's too tangible

edit: unless you meant mental quickness!
:jnc

I'm talking like Edelman/Welker elite quickness!

You know the feeling, I'm sure. Your team keeps drafting guys to fill the need positions and they just don't pan out for one reason or another. The next draft rolls around and now you still have those needs plus a few new ones. This is, above all, what keeps the bad teams bad. You just can't get away with consistently whiffing on high round draft picks, the parity in this league is too high.

I am depressing myself talking about this. :(

It's not too late to jump on the Jameis Bandwagon.. I would or you could Squicken to buffalo. There are options for you.

It's too late for BG and I.. Kave maybe as well.

Look on the bright side. At least you'll have good evidence to avoid Hollow Realization next year.

Is that some bleach thing? That dumb hollow crap?

I agree that those needs are massive but so is DE. With Wake gone and Vernon possibly leaving in free agency the Dolphins will have no one to rush the passer which is absolutely critical if you want a decent defense.

MLB would be my top choice if there is a talented enough prospect, though.

I think MLB or Oline has to be the top choice, we really need to protect Tannehill. MLB if Jaylon Smith is still there where ever we pick otherwise you go Guard next and pick up another guard in the late rounds. I think we can pick up a decent pass rusher in the mid 2/3 rounds and remember we still have Jordan on the team....there is still that small chance the next coaching staff will know what to do with him.

No you're right, it's been a problem for four years and outside of getting Albert they've done nothing to help Tannehill, in our preseason previews I wrote how poor we were at depth at the line too and sure enough Poucney/James/Albert go down at separate times and our oline turns to worse shit. I'm not a fan of Parcells but at least he understood that you build from the lines out.

Draxal

It's going to be an interesting offseason to say the least. Coughlin won't be the only one affected. I think we'll see some serious changes to the scouting and pro-personnel departments before its all said and done. This may end up costing Marc Ross his job as well for his failures in the draft.

So who's the next coach of the NY Giants? Who's of interest to you?

I honestly want Ben McAdoo, as I think he did enough to change this offense, and alot of the issues we have with the offense is still on Coughlin (just like under Gilbride ... it was always Coughlin's O) and our personnel. It's not going to happen though, so I really have nobody else in mind, but I'm willing to give the Maras a clean shot with everybody.

Ross is in trouble, and I think Ken Sternfield is alot of trouble as well (director of pro personnel), as bad as our drafting was our free agency hits have been rather sparse (Harris and DRC only really). Vereen is puzzling to me, I like his talent alot but it seems like we don't use him nearly enough so there's that FO/Coaching disconnect.

No you're right, it's been a problem for four years and outside of getting Albert they've done nothing to help Tannehill, in our preseason previews I wrote how poor we were at depth at the line too and sure enough Poucney/James/Albert go down at separate times and our oline turns to worse shit. I'm not a fan of Parcells but at least he understood that you build from the lines out.
Like I said though, it's not just about drafting offensive linemen, it's about picking the right guys and developing them. Don't forget that Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, Jamil Douglas and even Jonathan Martin were second or third round picks within the past few years. I think in today's NFL you use the first round pick to go after a high impact position like LB, CB, or DE and get your offensive linemen later on. First things first, they need better talent evaluation and a functional coaching staff.

Hindl

An unpopular opinion right now but I agree. Chip's first offseason went poorly. Getting rid of Evan Mathis was a terrible decision. Bringing in a RB committee while failing to shore up the O Line was a terrible decision. Trusting the inexperienced WR core plus Miles Austin was a terrible decision. But he made some good hits too. Thurmond was a great pickup, and Jordan Hicks is an absolute stud. Eric Rowe has played well in limited time, especially for a rookie. Maxwell was overpaid, but he's been alright, and much better than previous options. And Bradford showed improvement over the season, with no O Line, no running game, no WR, and a flailing defense. Whether or not he's the long term answer, we should at least build the team around him, so if a QB prospect comes up in later years we can fit them in with a solid team around him. Chip had power for one year, and immediately taking it away wouldn't solve anything. This team is bad, but if the offseason goes well, there's potential in the future to get back to being a good team

Like I said though, it's not just about drafting offensive linemen, it's about picking the right guys and developing them. Don't forget that Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, Jamil Douglas and even Jonathan Martin were second or third round picks within the past few years. I think in today's NFL you use the first round pick to go after a high impact position like LB, CB, or DE and get your offensive linemen later on. First things first, they need better talent evaluation and a functional coaching staff.

Yeah that's true, all the picks in the world don't matter if the coaching staff is terrible. Ian thinks our WRs have so many dropped passes because of poor coaching, it's been an issue since Philbin was hired. Another off season...another head coaching search :/

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

There have been a number of 1st round guards drafted in recent years that have already received pro bowl nods. Center and guards had been undervalued prior to 2010.

There have been a number of 1st round guards drafted in recent years that have already received pro bowl nods. Center and guards had been undervalued prior to 2010.

I have no issue with drafting a guard first, when your QB is pissing blood you do whatever it takes to protect him.

I have no issue with drafting a guard first, when your QB is pissing blood you do whatever it takes to protect him.
Fair point. I certainly wouldn't be upset about it, I'm sick of watching Tannehill get nearly murdered every game. Draft five offensive linemen in the next draft, wouldn't bother me.

Top Bottom