• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

I hate these new extra points.

Some team is going to get fucked so hard by it in the playoffs. And mostly likely it is going to be the Steelers.

I am not ready for that kind of heart break.

It's dumb.

I think that's the point. Pretty much adding more pressure on any scoring possession.

So get rid of the PAT entirely and force people to go for 2.

PATs are not exciting, nor is missing them.

The Chiefs are winning 14-0 when I head upstairs to read to my son and get him ready for bed. I come back downstairs and it's tied.

The Chefs.

Sanjuro

Bread, I'm at the Bar Rescue bar where the owner guy basically curbs his alcoholism on shift.

He is drunk as fuck giving people football ass slaps.

TV magic!

Bsigg12

I hate these new extra points.

Some team is going to get fucked so hard by it in the playoffs. And mostly likely it is going to be the Steelers.

I am not ready for that kind of heart break.

It at least adds some sort of tension to the play versus a 99.9% success rate. It'll be interesting come December/January.

squicken

cpjnfpvukaarb5vaepyu.jpg

cdyhybrid

That would remove a strategy to the game. Instead of deciding between the extra point or the 2, now you're forced to go for 2 all the time.

There's no strategy. Coaches have a sheet that tells them whether to go for 1 or 2 based on the score.

Moving the PAT back makes the success rate 96% instead of 99.99999999999%. It's still completely uninteresting.

bionic77

And only one good one...

Movieposterposv.jpg
This movie is going to be a 100 times better than that one (though Pirates was a good movie).

The book was great and I predict the movie will be great as well.

Its weird people on the OT are just looking at it like it is an Apple ad or a glorification of Jobs. If you read the book you can see it is a pretty great and realistic portrayal of a very interesting person. I don't know if it will be better than the Social Network, but I predict it is going to be worth watching.

Miracle

There's no strategy. Coaches have a sheet that tells them whether to go for 1 or 2 based on the score.

Moving the PAT back makes the success rate 96% instead of 99.99999999999%. It's still completely uninteresting.

That's still a strategy, regardless of how simple it looks. Not to mention removing the extra point results in having games where a team scores but now are only down by 1 but can't knock in the extra point anymore to tie it.

96% instead of 99.9999999999% is a pretty big deal though. Already in week 1 so far we have seen some missed extra points.

zychi

Banned
This movie is going to be a 100 times better than that one (though Pirates was a good movie).

The book was great and I predict the movie will be great as well.

Its weird people on the OT are just looking at it like it is an Apple ad or a glorification of Jobs. If you read the book you can see it is a pretty great and realistic portrayal of a very interesting person. I don't know if it will be better than the Social Network, but I predict it is going to be worth watching.
Its Oscar bait being released in the Fall. Really strange. Ill watch it on tv eventually, but not going out of my way to watch another Jobs movie/story.

The book bored me after you got through his early life and family stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom