• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

The whole is Jamaal Charles, he's their best player. He could literally break a huge run on a draw, I don't see why that's a problem. The issue is that he fumbled, not the play call.

What's more likely - breaking a TD run on a draw or a guy who's pressing (and who already fumbled) fumbling again?

Ox0x7ES.jpg

We finally have visual imagery of what it looks like to be a Chiefs fan. Constantly.

Zeke

That was a great game, probably best TNF game for the year I bet. Next week is gonna be a shit show.
Cantwait!.gif

What's more likely - breaking a TD run on a draw or a guy who's pressing (and who already fumbled) fumbling again?
Why does it have to be a TD run? Hey, why not more? Let him cure fucking cancer too. Bring the Democrats and the Republicans together. Prove aliens exist...

All Charles had to do is not fumble. He at worst gets stuffed and with his talent could pull off a nice run, which is was until the fumble. He is the best player and is a home run hitter. You trust your best player not to fuck up.

Striker

They had to go, what, 70-ish yards in 35 seconds with one timeout? A run call there essentially tells me they were killing clock. In that case, just kneel the ball and head into OT.

cdyhybrid

Why does it have to be a TD run? Hey, why not more? Let him cure fucking cancer too. Bring the Democrats and the Republicans together. Prove aliens exist...

All Charles had to do is not fumble. He worst he gets stuffed and with his talent could pull off a nice run, which is was until the fumble. He is the best player and is a home run hitter. You trust your best player not to fuck up.

Then the Chiefs are doomed.

Maybe they can get Hackenberg or whoever ends up being the #1 QB.

eznark

Banned
They had to go, what, 70-ish yards in 35 seconds with one timeout? A run call there essentially tells me they were killing clock. In that case, just kneel the ball and head into OT.

I'll always want to give the ball to my playmaker there and hope he makes a play. Always.

Is that really the reason though? I feel like Fallon/Kimmel/Corden/Conan all have some stuff that gets a bit of attention each week.
I can't explain why it's not a runaway train of success, but I won't try because I also can't understand the appeal of fallon/et al.

In my opinion, Colbert is playing a different sport from the rest.

Levyne

Banned

They needed 40ish yards to get in range and didn't need it all in one play.

Tom Penny

Someone with a brain. Thinking otherwise is laughable. Do the math. Alex Smith.

Zeke

Can't believe people are arguing against this. This is the exact reason you take knee.

They were at the 20, needed 45 yards for realistic FG (52 yarder). Considering Smith had been relying on YAC all game that probably was the thought, hedge and do a run/short pass and hope somebody breaks one.

brentech

I can't explain why it's not a runaway train of success, but I won't try because I also can't understand the appeal of fallon/et al.

In my opinion, Colbert is playing a different sport from the rest.

Not saying it isn't for me (only watched a small clip), was just curious why I hadn't heard anything about it. Not sure how long it's been on.
I'd say Dave was doing something different as well. Do you think he's following that mold for the most part?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
:jnc at blaming Reid

Reid needs to quit turning the ball over so much.

Not trusting your best player to get some yards is ridiculous also. They just had to get 40 yards for a reasonable chance at a field goal and they had one timeout.

I'd trust Aaron Rodgers to get 40 yards and if he turns it over that's on him...not the play call.

cdyhybrid

Nah. Try and win. Always.

Try and win in OT, when you don't need a (very) statistically-unlikely long run.

Your defense has been playing a great game and you don't auto-lose if you lose the coin toss anymore.

Well if the team isn't going to trust Charles, then forfeit. Smith isn't airing it out.

You-play-to-win-the-game.gif

Trust him in OT.

Not trusting your best player to get some yards is ridiculous also. They just had to get 40 yards for a reasonable chance at a field goal and they had one timeout.

I'd trust Aaron Rodgers to get 40 yards and if he turns it over that's on him...not the play call.

You'd trust the single best player in the NFL? That's pretty bold!

Zeke

Are you seriously trying to compare Rodgers to Smith and Charles here? Come on man.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Are you seriously trying to compare Rodgers to Smith and Charles here? Come on man.

Is Jamaal Charles not their best player? Is he not capable of making 30 yard runs? That was his point.

Andy trusted his best player to make a play. He made a play all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom