• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Pepiope

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 7m7 minutes ago
Caleb Sturgis has rarely been healthy -- he got hurt playing kickball in Miami camp -- so this is a perfect Eagles signing.

Chip is trying to revive careers.

Mudcrab

MUoq1rI.png

Pepiope

Jimmy Kempski
‏@JimmyKempski
In ~6 quarters this year, Jordan Hicks has 17 tackles, an INT, a sack, a FF, a FR, a PBU, and he knocked out Tony Romo for half the season.

Jordan Hicks for ROTY!

Like they said he gets injured a lot and career wise he was around 75%, he'll miss a 35 yarder but nail a 52 all in the same game. I wouldn't put take him in Fantasy.
I guess big balls Chip will just go for it more on 4th down.

@RapSheet
Source: #49ers cornerback Shareece Wright is seeking a trade or his release.

-Raider's will take another 9er, Aldon and Crab working nicely

JABEE

You could make a case that Brandom Marshall cost the Jets the game. There was the failed lateral play. There was also the alligator arms play in the 4th quarter that led to the Thurmond interception.

Not only do i get to wake up at 9 for a Dolphins game, but i get to have my phone blown up in the morning by my entire extended family full of obnoxious jets and patriots fans

yeaaaaaaaaaaaa

So one more week until the kraken gets unleashed pretty excited to see what he can do.

I'm more excited for McClain to be back. Run D would have been much better last night if he was playing. Hardy I feel might take a while to start making an impact.

RBH

richardsonjonesgetty.jpg

Per multiple sources, a group of influential owners strongly opposes the relocation of the Rams to Los Angeles. That group includes Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, who is emerging as a leader of the NFL’s L.A. committee.

As one source put it, Richardson and other owners view the Chargers and Raiders as more eligible to move under the league’s relocation policy, especially since it appears that St. Louis has cobbled together a viable plan for building a new stadium and keeping the Rams in the place they’ve been for the last 20 years.

Also, a move by the Chargers, who have tried for more than a decade to build a new stadium in San Diego, is viewed as the least disruptive to existing fan bases.

In response to a request for comment from PFT, Richardson said only that “we have every reason to believe that re-entry of the NFL into the Los Angeles market will be successful.”

As to the potential timing of a vote on a return to L.A., Richardson said, “Additional work needs to be done before we move forward, but we are confident in our process.”

The process includes at least 24 owners approving any move. Recent suggestions that the inability of either the Rams or Chargers to get the necessary votes have been viewed by some as an effort by Kroenke to delay the process for a year, in the hopes that: (1) the current St. Louis proposal will be deemed not viable; (2) San Diego’s effort to keep the Chargers will be regarded as more viable; and (3) Kroenke’s proposed project at Hollywood Park will be viewed as more inevitable.

The effort to keep the Chargers in San Diego soon will continue, according to one source, with a visit by San Diego’s mayor to owners like Richardson, in an effort to persuade him that the Chargers should be required to stay the course in their current hometown.

As of now, it appears that the Chargers definitely have the votes to block the Rams and that the Rams probably have the votes to block the Chargers. Which means that the NFL will be presiding over potentially delicate and highly political discussions at an upcoming meeting in October and again in December. Those politics likely will include Richardson and other owners firmly opposing the effort of Stan Kroenke to move the Rams to L.A.

In the wake of the news from Sunday night that a group of owners is actively opposing Kroenke’s effort to move the Rams to L.A., a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that if only one team moves to L.A., it quite possibly would be the Chargers.

Per the source, the thinking is that moving the Chargers would make the most sense, because it would preserve much of the San Diego fan base while expanding the team’s existing fan base in L.A.

Moving the Rams not only would rip a team out of St. Louis at a time when St. Louis may be ready to build a new stadium but also wedge a team into L.A. with the Chargers still in San Diego — and the Chargers having no long-term stadium solution.

A poll of all owners, according to the source, likely would result in a majority decision that the Chargers should be the team to move. The problem is that any team that relocates needs a 75-percent supermajority. Which leads back to the point made last night: This question is quickly becoming a matter of high-level league politics.

The politics would include finding a way to adjust the current Chargers-Raiders project in Carson to just the Chargers. But that could be a necessity, due to concerns that it will be difficult for two teams to thrive in a market that for two decades has had none.

One of the concerns, per the source, is the management of the Raiders. If owner Mark Davis had a business partner who would able to properly maximize the opportunities in L.A., the NFL would be more inclined to go along with a move by the Raiders to L.A.

For now, no one knows how it’s going to work out. Last night’s statement from Panthers owner Jerry Richardson to PFT makes it clear that, at some point sooner than later, the NFL will be back in L.A. All that remains to be determined is who goes, when, and where they will play.
-PFT

Zeke

I'm more excited for McClain to be back. Run D would have been much better last night if he was playing. Hardy I feel might take a while to start making an impact.
I feel like the defense will take huge steps in the coming weeks. Lee and McClain are going to be nasty in the run game. The middle of the d will be stout man. Hardy and Gregory rushing the qb is going to be awesome. We should have a decent pass rush if those guys work out.

Yo did we bench McCown yet? Or what the fuck. Fuck that scrub.

Also, looking at New England's schedule:

Kf8fG4u.png

Why can't they go 16-0 again? Looking at that schedule, only real threat is the 11/29 meeting in Denver. Maybe the 11/23 home game against Buffalo? Everyone else on that list is playing like shit or are riddled with injuries.

I feel like the defense will take huge steps in the coming weeks. Lee and McClain are going to be nasty in the run game. The middle of the d will be stout man. Hardy and Gregory rushing the qb is going to be awesome. We should have a decent pass rush if those guys work out.

I hope that Hardy can hit the ground running but he's only played like 1 game in almost two years. He might be a bit rusty. Oh well, good thing that Patriots game is a throwaway anyway since there's no way we can win it with Weeden.

Top Bottom