• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Tom Penny

Philbin situation is much like Pagano's.

Franchise looking to turnaround gambles and hires an unproven coach based off nothing.

The only reason Pagano has a job is because the Colts didn't have the balls to fire a coach coming off cancer treatment even though he's mediocre as fuck.

I'm on board with firing Philbin, by the way. I forgot to agree with whoever posted that earlier. Fire everyone.

Tannehill looks like shit. I thought he progressed nicely from year one to year two (and if you remember, that was basically the sole rationale I had for keeping Philbin, so as to not retard the QB's growth in the first three years) but it's clear that he and Lazor are fucking awful.
Tannehill looked solid in weeks one and two. Looked like his progression was continuing but he still missed a few throws. Yesterday was another tier of awful, worst game he's played since 2013.

I am sad Lazor didn't work out but he is truly abysmal as an NFL OC. Killed off his potential future head coach hype in less than two years.

squicken

The only reason Pagano has a job is because the Colts didn't have the balls to fire a coach coming off cancer treatment even though he's mediocre as fuck.

At the time, there was nothing to really indicate what kind of coach Pagano was going to be. It was just clear that Arians was awesome

Bigger issue for the Dolphins is Ross being an idiot who doesn't learn from his mistakes. He won't have the guts to fire Tannenbaum which means no quality candidate will want the job.

Afrikan

Is your DBs that bad he would rather play LBs vs 4 WR?

actually our dbs are pretty good...so much so a free agent we paid money to is inactive each week so far...out played by the youngsters.

but as you see from that stat...we are just a backwards team..

on defense doing the opposite of what would work against that offensive personnel.

and on Offense..being down by 21 pts through the rest of the game...still coming out in Jumbo formations with a slow rookie TE and Fullback running passing routes.

oh and don't forget still trying to run the ball and then trying to *catch* them off guard by calling play action passes on 3rd down.......being down by 21+ pts

eznark

Banned
Tannehill looked solid in weeks one and two. Looked like his progression was continuing but he still missed a few throws. Yesterday was another tier of awful, worst game he's played since 2013.

I am sad Lazor didn't work out but he is truly abysmal as an NFL OC. Killed off his potential future head coach hype in less than two years.

Buffalo is the first time he has faced a defense this year. And really, to parrot captive a bit, Tannehill was pretty bad against Washington. He threw a number of interceptable balls that the Redskins flat dropped. It was a performance significantly worse than the numbers indicate. I think Barnwell even wrote an article about it.

Buffalo is the first time he has faced a defense this year. And really, to parrot captive a bit, Tannehill was pretty bad against Washington. He threw a number of interceptable balls that the Redskins flat dropped. It was a performance significantly worse than the numbers indicate. I think Barnwell even wrote an article about it.
That's true, Redskins dropped two easy picks and Tannehill missed two easy TD throws. It wasn't a great game by any means. I guess I'm giving him a bit of a break because of the state of the running game and o-line.

I guess for me it's a matter of how easy it is to identify issues that are more obvious than Tannehill. The Dolphins have gaping flaws in multiple areas whereas Tannehill is an average QB at worst.

cdyhybrid

I see an overpaid QB who is now crippling a once successful franchise, but at least you have that ring to fall back on when the team turns to shit. I wish we were in that position. Lol.

So 3 games isn't enough to judge Bradford this season, but it's enough to say Russell is crippling the franchise. Got it.

eznark

Banned
That's true, Redskins dropped two easy picks and Tannehill missed two easy TD throws. It wasn't a great game by any means. I guess I'm giving him a bit of a break because of the state of the running game and o-line.

I guess for me it's a matter of how easy it is to identify issues that are more obvious than Tannehill. The Dolphins have gaping flaws in multiple areas whereas Tannehill is an average QB at worst.

Yeah, but we both expected a lot more from him, and I assume the organization did as well. They thought they had a budding Franchise QB (rightly so, in my opinion) so they counted on him to raise the level of play of his teammates.

I assume that is why they brought Philbin back. See if another year under the same system would continue that improvement and Tannehill would emerge as a poor man's Luck, putting the team on his back.

He hasn't, and now he'll go into first round QB coaching carousel purgatory at a critical time in his development, likely never to emerge.

Sorry, friend. I was wrong on 12-4 and given the path they'll probably take now, they might not win a combined 12 games the next two years

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
what is this fuckery?

As PFT reported last week, the league office circulated a memo to all 32 teams reminding coaches and other personnel that they are not to criticize the officials or other teams. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin got the memo.

Tomlin said today that he won’t criticize Rams safety Mark Barron for the hit that knocked Ben Roethlisberger out for 4-6 weeks, nor will he criticize the officials for not throwing a flag on the hit. Tomlin cited the memo from the league as the reason.

“I’m not going to be critical of the hit or of officiating,” said Tomlin. “You guys know we got a letter [from the league office] a week ago stressing not to do that. So I’m not.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...om-nfl-tomlin-wont-complain-about-hit-on-ben/
The league would be so much more fun if coaches and GMs could say what they really want to.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't really buy Cam's story.

But wouldn't really be surprised if it was said.

Eh, he made the right call during the play anyway as much as I dislike Ed Hochuli. Seems like a non-story since it was probably said in a joking manner if at all.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
well, he's not wrong.

As much as we joke and or criticize the refs there is clearly favoritism for certain QBs.

Fantomex

I've been wanting to chime in, but it feels hopeless. Mediocrity is going to last another 4-5 years at this point. Same crap different year.

Pepiope

So 3 games isn't enough to judge Bradford this season, but it's enough to say Russell is crippling the franchise. Got it.
His contract is crippling the defense, not his play.You don't need a season to realize that, just look at their off-season and Kam's holdout.

cdyhybrid

His contract is crippling the defense, not his play.You don't need a season to realize that, just look at their off-season and Kam's holdout.

Pick one:

So three games isn't enough to judge Bradford, but it's enough to judge that our defense is crippled? Got it.

OR

The defense that went up against the best QB in the league, on the road, two weeks ago and just pitched a shutout yesterday? That defense? Got it.

Yeah, but we both expected a lot more from him, and I assume the organization did as well. They thought they had a budding Franchise QB (rightly so, in my opinion) so they counted on him to raise the level of play of his teammates.

I assume that is why they brought Philbin back. See if another year under the same system would continue that improvement and Tannehill would emerge as a poor man's Luck, putting the team on his back.

He hasn't, and now he'll go into first round QB coaching carousel purgatory at a critical time in his development, likely never to emerge.

Sorry, friend. I was wrong on 12-4 and given the path they'll probably take now, they might not win a combined 12 games the next two years
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm back in the acceptance phase. At least I don't have to worry about false hope anymore.

Pepiope

Pick one:

So three games isn't enough to judge Bradford, but it's enough to judge that our defense is crippled? Got it.

OR

The defense that went up against the best QB in the league, on the road, two weeks ago and just pitched a shutout yesterday? That defense? Got it.
Great job against the Bears with Jimmy. Really.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Said that Hochuli told him that he was too young to get calls.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Refs seem to throw flags based on a franchises reputation (Raiders, Lions) as opposed to what's happening on the field. I think there is a bias when it comes to refereeing to franchises like the Packers, Patriots, Steelers etc. because of there "history" and prestige.

No one trades away useful offensive players, though CLE should listen to offers about Mack and Thomas. The race for #1 is on!

But there is no attempt to even try to is all I'm saying.

Cleveland might want to.. Unfortunately. We are probably losing Alex in free agency this offseason I think and Joe deserves to be happy.

Where is Matt Forte going?
Screen-Shot-2015-09-27-at-7.42.17-AM-600x537.jpg

He's giving us hints!

Top Bottom