• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

They both suck but texans sucks less, I wish our divison was decided like that and not because of rampant cheating :( ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIMrFpnfvyI

Or maybe your team loses because of this guy.

philbin-joe-ross-taskforce.jpg

Your right though

He seems to sub Cooper and Celek on and off a lot. I know they are supposed to be the better blockers, but even Celek is having a bad time of it this year

I get that the tempo would pick up as they get first downs, which they aren't doing. I wish there was a way to filter for 3rd down drops. Those are the worst of all worlds b/c there's no chance to overcome them. Not that I am in any way putting the problems on those

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232
Coop and celek are the big package for running situations and ertz and huff sub in. Subbing so much definitely slows things down. Last year I don't remember them subbing much at all.

Zeke

That game is Thanksgiving

And even then I'll take my chances with hobbled Romo and Dez. Unless you think they'll both be magically 100% in two months.
You're right, I keep thinking the phins game is turkey day. They probably won't be 100% but I think they'll be close to it.

bionic77

Suh would have thrown the QB down by the helmet, making it real. And Kas would have defended that.
He was just extending his foot into his dick!

That was a natural football motion. And while I don't watch the games I am an expert in this kind of shit because I played high school tennis. I mean football.

Changing gears ESPN's team blogs are awesome cookie cutter puff shit which is great to read when your team is playing well. Guess what guys? Le'Veon Bell can't wait to get back on the field and thinks he can make a great offense that much better! Thats the kind of hard hitting journalism I want when my team is doing well!

Speaking of real news it was weird that we did not cut Archer. I am not sure what his job is on this team...

Zeke

The realization that I might watch 8 weeks of Weeden is slowly sinking in. 8 weeks of pain.
We'll be ok just keep your expectations real low like 2 or 3 wins low....maybe 1 win. I've also been thinking of the defense and what they can possibly do.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You say that. but deep down, you'd be happy and express it beating those fools. I would and I would have been happy to see Jak's meltdown when the Browns beat pittsburgh last year.

Can we have a sneak peek?

Oh man Steelers-GAF salt after the Browns win last year was so delicious. Something I've never experienced before.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
btw kas, I don't think this is roughing the passer. He's almost standing up straight when he tackles him for Christ's sake

contact_to_head.0.gif

Clear helmet to helmet with arm going into the face mask. I don't see how that isn't flagged.

It's hurts seeing our QB getting hit like that but he gets back up.

old-man-crying.gif

Oh man Steelers-GAF salt after the Browns win last year was so delicious. Something I've never experienced before.

So basically like sex :)

I live in Hampton Roads, Virginia where Mike Tomlin is from (fuck, I can't escape the Steel Curtain. It hangs over me like death) and they were so fucking mad. It was great and we work browns jersey and we had fans going thank you for beating them. Awesome

I honestly don't think Weeden will be that bad if the running game starts clicking. Sure he looked awful in Cleveland but that's a football hellhole. I believe.

squicken

Tebow you disgusting heathen.

And the movie should be renamed to Tim Tebow instead of Flash Gordon. Otherwise keep it the same (except for the sex stuff).

Damn that would be so awesome. But the scene with Dale and Ming's daughter and the telegraphic sex is one of the best parts of the movie. Tough to cut

RBH

Funny thing is I was at this game, missed it when it happened. Saw it weeks later because of this thread.

You went to the Browns/Titans game, right? How was it? There's just something about watching a game live that I still enjoy, even with the convenience of watching games at home nowadays.

I think the last game I've been able to go to was the Falcons/Seahawks playoff game from 2013.

You went to the Browns/Titans game, right? How was it? There's just something about watching a game live that I still enjoy, even with the convenience of watching games at home nowadays.

I think the last game I've been able to go to was the Falcons/Seahawks playoff game from 2013.

Man. On a scale of one to ten, how depressed were you after that game?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
An open apology to Scott Linehan

Dear Scott Linehan, (cc: joelombardi@whatareyou.doing)

It wasn't you, it was me. I apologize for all of the blame I placed on you when things fell apart. I was wrong, ignorant and even a little bit spoiled. You see, I'm not used to seeing the Detroit Lions have a top-five offense. But I sure as hell know what it's like to have a mediocre one.

I was frustrated to see all of the predictable shotgun draws on first-and-10 that you were so prone to calling. I hated that your offenses could put up an abundance of yards on the opposing team, just to settle for a field goal or nothing at all. I would come to Gunther's rescue and defend him, but be the first to criticize you on a blown play-call. What I didn't realize is that the grass isn't always greener. It can always get worse.

When the Cowboys hired you, I laughed. Good luck Dallas, I thought. Little did I know that you would be the one getting the last laugh during the NFC Wild Card game last year. You led the No. 4 offense in the NFL during your first year as Dallas' offensive co-ordinator and I had to sit on my couch every Sunday and watch the Lions struggle just to stay in the top-20.

Joe Lombardi and this offense has done a terrible job since you left. I will not publicly berate this man because the players have failed to execute as well. There is absolutely no cohesion on offense. None at all. The Detroit Lions are two games into the regular season and it's almost as if they've regressed as an offense. That just cannot happen. Yes, they have a long season ahead of them still, but I thought they were done with shooting themselves in the foot constantly after Schwartz was gone.

Even after addressing the offensive line in the offseason, it remains the worst unit on the team. I'll give coaches the benefit of the doubt for starting Lucas over Waddle in Week 2, despite listing Waddle as inactive because we don't know if Waddle is actually ready to get out there. But Lucas is going to get Matthew Stafford killed. And the running game suffers badly with him in there too.

And seriously, what's with the playcalling, Joe? When will you learn that it makes less than no sense to put Joique Bell in the game when you want to call a run that takes the entire first quarter to develop? I like Joique Bell a lot, but he's clearly lost a step as a runner. Abdullah may be a rookie, but he's your guy. 100 percent. I don't even know what to say about the playcall when going for the two-point conversion late in the game. That was just the icing on the cake, I suppose.

Even beyond the playcalling, the offense doesn't seem to be on the same page at all. On the very first play of the game, Eric Ebron and Golden Tate get mixed up on a passing play. How does that happen? The offense then burns a timeout after some confusion nearing the end of the game. We already know about the miscues in pass protection during the season opener against the Chargers last week. How is it that the offense continues to look clueless in this system after an entire year of learning it?

Back to you, Scott. I'm sorry. I was wrong. I miss your creativity, especially with screen passes. I would kill to see that play-action, fake the reverse and dump it back to the running back play. That always seemed to work. I don't recall many screen passes working in the Lions' favor last year.

Please come back. If you do, I'll even send a letter to Coach and convince him to let you run a shotgun draw on your very first play back.

Sincerely,

Alex

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/9/21/9325653/an-open-apology-to-scott-linehan

RBH

Man. On a scale of one to ten, how depressed were you after that game?

wut

That was the happiest I've been after a game in a long time. One of my most memorable live experiences at any sporting event.

People were literally dancing in the streets outside the Georgia Dome afterwards.

Top Bottom