• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

I for one can't wait for hearing much of the same pundits that played down our trouncing the Bears to quickly declare the Chickens in top form for decimating the Clausen Bears. Also how it's all thanks to Kam returning and they only lost the first two weeks because he was missing.

Zeke

LOL fuck you and the Bears (?) ! He still may be. The O-Line has sucked.
Oh ffs no he isn't. The sooner you eagle fans get over this weird infatuation with Bradford the better off your team will be. That being said as rival who I hate more than tje skins I hope you guys stay with him for a decade and chip stays up there for two decades.

RBH

And yet all summer you talked about Sam Bradford being good.

265.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions' Darius Slay wants to pick off Peyton Manning, then get his autograph

ALLEN PARK -- Darius Slay has already swag-jacked Joe Haden's jersey and his No. 23.

Now he's going after Peyton Manning's signature.

"I'm letting him know now, if I get a pick from him, he's got to sign that," the Detroit Lions cornerback said before practice Wednesday. "He's got to sign that. I got to have that. He got a signature right then on the spot.

"I'm going to have the pen in my pocket. I'm going to his sideline if I do it. I'm going, 'Hey, holla at me.' I know it was just a turnover, but hey, you know, this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance here. I don't know when he's going to be done."

Manning was asked by Detroit reporters how much longer he expects to play, and offered an amusing answer during a light-hearted phone call.

"These are some deep questions for a Wednesday conference call," he quipped.

Manning hasn't seemed like his vintage self through two weeks, completing 50-of-85 passes for 431 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. Never known for his arm strength, his passes seem to lack even his usual amount of zip.

Some are questioning whether, at 39 years old, he's lost arm strength.

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak rejected that notion.

"He's making the same throws he's always made," Kubiak said.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/09/lions_darius_slay_wants_to_pic.html#incart_river_mobile

Stafford is somehow ready to play with hurt ribs, hurt shoulder, two toes taped together and the other big toe fucked up.

We're going all out on Sunday Night. I think the team is pissed after the late hits and generally getting pushed around by the Vikings from last Sunday.

Stafford is a leader and no one can question the size of his balls. With the injuries he's sustained through two games most players would've taken a few weeks off. I expect him to play till he drops.

If we can get this W there may be hope in an injury riddled NFC. If we lose, shut Stafford down for the season, start looking at what we do with Megatron and start watching college football for the inevitable Top 10-Top 15 picks. We have a ton of draft picks next season.

I for one can't wait for hearing much of the same pundits that played down our trouncing the Bears to quickly declare the Chickens in top form for decimating the Clausen Bears. Also how it's all thanks to Kam returning and they only lost the first two weeks because he was missing.

Cutler was 7/8 against your D before getting injured (yes it was an int). Most teams would be in bad shape if their starting QB went down. Jimmy Clausen is raw garbage

Stafford is somehow ready to play with hurt ribs, hurt shoulder, two toes taped together and the other big toe fucked up.

We're going all out on Sunday Night. I think the team is pissed after the late hits and generally getting pushed around by the Vikings from last Sunday.

Stafford is a leader and no one can question the size of his balls. With the injuries he's sustained through two games most players would've taken a few weeks off. I expect him to play till he drops.

If we can get this W there may be hope in an injury riddled NFC. If we lose, shut Stafford down for the season, start looking at what we do with Megatron and start watching college football for the inevitable Top 10-Top 15 picks. We have a ton of draft picks next season.

Stafford needs to be in better shape. Kap is getting hit more than any QB in the league but he is fine because he takes care of himself. Stafford is a disgusting fatbody so it's no surprise he can't stay healthy

Massie's suspension is finally over and Iupati has a high chance of playing, finally could potentially have our true starting OL and be even more dominant there, especially the run game. That said, Watford has done well enough that Massie might not start now or at least will have a very short leash. Zero sacks thus far and #2 rated OL the first couple weeks. I know it's a joke to talk about it after two weeks but few fans understand having a putrid OL the majority of the time they've watched football. Veldheer the #3 LT so far. Excite.

The Niners are the sort of game Iupati excels in too and being his old team, I'm sure he's pumped to play. Even with our success, can't wait to replace Larsen in the lineup.

Cutler was 7/8 against your D before getting injured (yes it was an int). Most teams would be in bad shape if their starting QB went down. Jimmy Clausen is raw garbage

1. This does nothing to invalidate my point

2. Historically, Cutler completely unravels after throwing a pick, especially a pick 6. 110 percent positive we'd have blown them out regardless. Not to mention Cutler didn't do anything impressive the time he was on the field. That one huge play was 99 percent the receiver making a play down the edge of the field.

Massie's suspension is finally over and Iupati has a high chance of playing, finally could potentially have our true starting OL and be even more dominant there, especially the run game. That said, Watford has done well enough that Massie might not start now or at least will have a very short leash. Zero sacks thus far and #2 rated OL the first couple weeks. I know it's a joke to talk about it after two weeks but few fans understand having a putrid OL the majority of the time they've watched football. Veldheer the #3 LT so far. Excite.

The Niners are the sort of game Iupati excels in too and being his old team, I'm sure he's pumped to play. Even with our success, can't wait to replace Larsen in the lineup.

God I hope Iupati plays. We will get some QB pressures if so!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I miss Tebow. He made us better people.

I miss Suh. With all the late hits and cheap shots the Vikings were laying on us (Pride of Detroit has an article with gifs and no calls), Suh would've been an enforcer and given those cheap shots back.

cdyhybrid

I was. I prefer Foles at QB here over Wilson. Still do. Always will.

There's a difference between saying he's better and saying you prefer him. We already know your tastes and preferences are odd at best, so that wouldn't be such a controversial statement.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford needs to be in better shape. Kap is getting hit more than any QB in the league but he is fine because he takes care of himself. Stafford is a disgusting fatbody so it's no surprise he can't stay healthy

Please, the hits Stafford has sustained is proof enough the guy is made of steel. Stafford has nice bulk to him which helps cushion some of those hits whereas Kaep is a toothpick. He's a fast toothpick though, I'll give him that.

Please, the hits Stafford has sustained is proof enough the guy is made of steel. Stafford has nice bulk to him which helps cushion some of those hits whereas Kaep is a toothpick. He's a fast toothpick though, I'll give him that.

Kap weighs more than stafford you dumb motherfucker! One is lean, muscular and in shape. The other is a fatbody who won't commit to getting into nfl shape

JABEE

:jnc

Extra padding

I was. I prefer Foles at QB here over Wilson. Still do. Always will.

Wilson won a SB though! I think most Seahawks fan could agree that Luck was better than Wilson (they both suck now..), but we wouldn't have won the SB with Luck's style. Wilson really fit our old style (hard touch defense, and strong running game) basically he was a game manager than could also make plays with his feet. He was a nice little hybrid.

Now... I don't know anymore. Running game isn't as strong, defense isn't as strong. Throwing game is better but also means more risk for INT. OLine still sucks so Wilson isn't exactly getting the most time to throw, and he still short so he's better out side the pocket anyways (if he did get time to throw).

Tabris

Defenses and kickers are a coin flip. You should not have two for either position. Pick one and dump 'em when needed.

I think I have two kickers on my Straggler's Team, because I forgot when the draft was and my team autodrafted.

I play week to week on D usually via add/drop but I drafted BUF this year so I thought I wouldn't need to do that. Just picked up DEN for the NE matchup but now I don't know what to go with. I'll trade the other eventually.

I will pick one of those kickers, not sure which though which is why I'm asking. Dan Bailey without Romo may be better or worse.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/09/lions_darius_slay_wants_to_pic.html#incart_river_mobile

What are your thoughts on the team having no respect for stafford?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What are your thoughts on the team having no respect for stafford?

That was Rodney Harrison trying to stir up something that wasn't there. Brandon Pettigrew, DeAndre Levy, Laken Tomlinson and a few others all came to Stafford's defense.

I can't wait to play the Vikings again. Anthony Barr and the Vikings D trying to act and play like they own the NFC North. Cheapshotting our QB like that, we'll get them back.

And yet all summer you talked about Sam Bradford being good.

Lol

You want Fatford Pep? Come on. He can be your hero. The hero your fantasy team deserves.

Edit- I just saw the fucking Kas quotes jnc

Just had to be honest. The question "Have you, a relative or friend ever been arrested for a crime" did me in.

Thank you Narcotics Anonymous. You've saved me once again.

It works if you work it :)

I miss Suh. With all the late hits and cheap shots the Vikings were laying on us (Pride of Detroit has an article with gifs and no calls), Suh would've been an enforcer and given those cheap shots back.

Dont act like the Lions got totally shafted, Teddy got pushed out of bounds too (with no call) and the Lions got a 5th down that lead to a garbage time touch down.

The refs were bad, and the Vikings weren't exactly imitating 09' Saints football.

Pepiope

Over Sam? Is this really what we've come to with Stafford? Bradford has never shown even flashes of what he was supposed to be. At least stafford has his moments.
Not over Sam. I still want to see Sam before I think about giving up on him. I just wouldn't be upset with Stafford as the QB of the birds.

Edit: He's talking about fantasy. Whoops. No, fuck Stafford then.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Not over Sam. I still want to see Sam before I think about giving up on him. I just wouldn't be upset with Stafford as the QB of the birds.

Edit: He's talking about fantasy. Whoops. No, fuck Stafford then.

I'm more saying I'm surprised people have dropped THAT far on Stafford to compare him to Bradfords resume. I do think Bradford has a lot of talent in there, but something just isn't clicking for him, likely mentally given how roughed up he's been throughout his career.

Please, the hits Stafford has sustained is proof enough the guy is made of steel. Stafford has nice bulk to him which helps cushion some of those hits.

Real talk? Stafford can take hits, but if they don't fix the line Stafford will go down in a heap of pain and your season is toast. Even QBs built like proper tanks can only take so much. Stafford is not one 0f those types. And the Broncos have a good enough D to mow your line down.

Top Bottom