• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Just realized something about the coverage map. They gave parts of Texas the Cleve game because of Johnny and he's not even going to play

hKVr8Kh.png

EDIT: Also anyone know why Southern Arizona gets the Tennessee/Indy game?

Sure that's an option too. I was thinking of things that are even cheaper.

Point being that he's got me wondering what year we're living in if you can't find access to your team's game.

The only possible excuse I could give Kas as far as his geography preventing him from watching the Lions is time difference. 10:00 AM PST isn't ideal. But at the same time, I wake up at 7 in the morning one day every other weekend to watch Man United (for example, like tomorrow after I go back to the Best Coast today). If you're a fan, that's just something that will come with the territory.

But yeah, he should absolutely be able to find some place showing the game. Sports bar, restaurant, cafe, something.

The only possible excuse I could give Kas as far as his geography preventing him from watching the Lions is time difference. 10:00 AM PST isn't ideal. But at the same time, I wake up at 7 in the morning one day every other weekend to watch Man United. If you're a fan, that's just something that will come with the territory.

But yeah, he should absolutely be able to find some place showing the game. Sports bar, restaurant, cafe, something.

aren't we in the day and age where most of the bigger bars will be showing almost every game?

The only possible excuse I could give Kas as far as his geography preventing him from watching the Lions is time difference. 10:00 AM PST isn't ideal. But at the same time, I wake up at 7 in the morning one day every other weekend to watch Man United (for example, like tomorrow after I go back to the Best Coast today). If you're a fan, that's just something that will come with the territory.

In Hawaii the early games start at 7 am, no internet or tv and even if something was open in town I would have had to hitchhike. Sucked.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Week 1 2015 Chargers. Before that the playoff loss to the Cowboys. Before that the Week 17 loss to the Packers.

If I don't watch the Lions it's due to work or not being able to find a spot to watch them due to being a Lions fan on the West Coast. Lions fans are an endangered species anywhere outside of Michigan so it's hard to get television time or ESPN spotlight even when the team is solid and has young, exciting talent.
There's a Lions fan at my local bar every Sunday. Only one I've ever seen.

Shit game but feels good man regardless. I am frankly pretty surprised that Spags system is working as well as it is with us without the talent on the DL he had before. The difference here is that he has much better talent at corner and its allowing him to really bring heat when he wants. Some of the blitzes had me salivating to go back and look at the game tape. I saw overloads, double As, safety blitzes - beautiful. Unfortunately it's very much needed due to the low level of talent on the DL.

I'm optimistic about the Giants, hopefully we have already gotten our completely embarrassing and ridiculous losses out of the way this year. The D will continue to gel like it did in 2007 and if the OL continues to play well I'm very excited. Once Beason and Flowers come back we will be in great shape.

That said, we still very clearly need an infusion of talent at almost every position. Need big time help at DL, still more help on the OL, Collins looks good but we need another safety, and of course we need a real line backer not special teamers that happen to fit in at LB.

bionic77

In 2015 you really have to not give a shit if you don't follow your team.

Its never been easier.

Before the season I spent $80 bucks to get an antennae and tried to get the Steelers broadcast OTA which did not work. Then I spent literally like 40 minutes to get an apartment address and then found the superior system of using my cousins info at college to get Sunday Ticket online. If that didn't work there are so many bars that show every game in any city in the country. Even in the boonies that is easy to find.

If you are not watching it in 2015 then don't call yourself a fan.

bionic77

Do you get a pass for not regularly watching a team if they are one of the worst of all time?

I can't relate because even when the Steelers have been bad I always used to watch them as often as possible. But maybe my behavior is the one that is atypical or something that should not be followed or emulated.

My dad and I would bring a little 4 inch battery powered tv with us when we went ice fishing. Took a fair amount of bailing wire to get good signal, but by God we watched the game.

Holy shit.

I remember doing that in the 80s and 90s but I can't imagine doing that after HD.

I am surprised the TV still worked and could get a signal.

To be fair, Greg is the guy still rocking a RAZR in 2015. (Remember when everyone flipped their shit over those?)

I'm not surprised that he had an ancient TV. Probably has a Walkman and actual legit watch too!

Nothing wrong with a good timepiece to class it up.

bionic77

To be fair, Greg is the guy still rocking a RAZR in 2015. (Remember when everyone flipped their shit over those?)

I'm not surprised that he had an ancient TV. Probably has a Walkman and actual legit watch too!

Nothing wrong with a good timepiece to class it up.
Greg sounds like a guy that lives in a van down by the river...

BigAT

Holy shit.

I remember doing that in the 80s and 90s but I can't imagine doing that after HD.

HD? Compared to Greg's phone, the B&W TV is the most sophisticated piece of technology he owns.

There's a Lions fan at my local bar every Sunday. Only one I've ever seen.

Shit game but feels good man regardless. I am frankly pretty surprised that Spags system is working as well as it is with us without the talent on the DL he had before. The difference here is that he has much better talent at corner and its allowing him to really bring heat when he wants. Some of the blitzes had me salivating to go back and look at the game tape. I saw overloads, double As, safety blitzes - beautiful. Unfortunately it's very much needed due to the low level of talent on the DL.

I'm optimistic about the Giants, hopefully we have already gotten our completely embarrassing and ridiculous losses out of the way this year. The D will continue to gel like it did in 2007 and if the OL continues to play well I'm very excited. Once Beason and Flowers come back we will be in great shape.

That said, we still very clearly need an infusion of talent at almost every position. Need big time help at DL, still more help on the OL, Collins looks good but we need another safety, and of course we need a real line backer not special teamers that happen to fit in at LB.
Beason played about 20 snaps last night so he's working his way back in there. He'll get a heavier load next week against the Bills but outside of his struggles in coverage, Unga gives us some ability to take it slow and let Beason take a light work load.

Kennard is the best lineback we've had in a very long time. He was around the ball making plays like crazy yesterday (his coverage led to the second INT by Unga) and he's fantastic on the blitz. He times it up really well. Casillas and Thomas are journeymen but they are improved over the shit we've fielded in the last 4 years.

Next week should hopefully give us a glimpse into the progress this team should be able to make. If all goes well, we'll have Victor Cruz, Jon Beason, DRC, Flowers and Ayers all back on the field, healthy and playing.

Two things I need to eat some crow on:
1. Landon Collins has a lot more developing to do but color me surprised at the level of play he's brought to the table. I was not a fan at Alabama and I hated moving up in the 2nd to grab him. Hopefully he keeps forcing me to eat my own words.

2. Brandon Merriweather isn't a great player but again I'm surprised that he's playing as well as he is considering how badly he played with the Redskins. He's settled that back end a bit for us and while he's laying some hard hits - they are legal hits and even with his tantrum yesterday, I'm not entirely hating the Giants bringing him in. Hopefully he holds up long enough for us to either draft or bring in a better player to play alongside Collins.

Greg

you people

Holy shit.

it was the only thing available at the time, so I did what had to be done!

and honestly, it was probably better than some of the streams I've seen in recent seasons
HD? Compared to Greg's phone, the B&W TV is the most sophisticated piece of technology he owns.
I upgraded! although I'm using it as a wi-fi device while I still use my flip for phone calls...

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I don't think RGIII being a better QB than Cousins has ever been in question. That's not why he is benched.

Eh part of the narrative is Cousins is a good option, for instance, the narrative after last night is "Cousins had a bad game" no.. he had the same game he always has.

RG3 is benched cause Gruden doesn't like him, simple as that.

bionic77

Its weird to say now but when I was a kid the tv me and my sisters watched in the basement was I believe the first tv ever made and it was B&W. I don't ever remember being bothered that things were in B&W, the thing that bothered me was that it took the tv a few minutes to warm up and turn on.

We have become such bitches. I fucking complain if I have to watch sports in sub HD in 2015.

WedgeX

Banned
Do you get a pass for not regularly watching a team if they are one of the worst of all time?

I can't relate because even when the Steelers have been bad I always used to watch them as often as possible. But maybe my behavior is the one that is atypical or something that should not be followed or emulated.

I don't think so. I haven't lived in a place to see the Lions regularly going on a third season but I near always at least put on the Lions radio network, available online, to listen to the games.

Top Bottom