• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

RBH

los-angeles-rams-fans.jpg

When the NFL finally decides who's moving to Los Angeles, there could be two teams left out in the cold instead of one.

According to Pro Football Talk, the NFL is viewing LA as a possible one-team town.

"Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL may ultimately move only one team to Los Angeles," PFT reports.

The thought process is that since LA hasn't had a team for over 20 years, throwing two teams into the city might overwhelm the market and make it impossible for either of them to "reconnect" with Los Angeles.

If the NFL only wants one team in LA, then the the big losers here would seem to be the Raiders and Chargers, since they're planning to make the move as part of a two-team package in Carson, Calif.

On the other hand, the Rams would seem to be well-positioned if the NFL goes with one team since owner Stan Kroenke already has the ball rolling on a privately financed stadium in Inglewood.

Kroenke also has the support of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, which CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora wrote about earlier this month.

The problem for the Rams is that the team would need 24 owners to cast an approval vote on their potential move to LA, meaning Chargers owner Dean Spanos and Raiders owner Mark Davis would only need to convince seven other owners to vote against the plan.

Whatever's going to happen, the NFL seems to be inching closer to making a decision. This week, the league formed a Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities to help decide who's going to move where.

The new committee -- which includes Steelers owner Art Rooney II, Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, Texans owner Bob McNair, and Giants co-owner John Mara -- will be taking a more "prominent role" in the LA proceedings over the next few weeks, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The next big movement in regards to Los Angeles could come on Oct. 6-7 when the NFL is scheduled to hold its fall league meeting in New York.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ht-only-allow-one-team-to-move-to-los-angeles

Zeke

I don't think Stan needs approval tbh, Al gave the league the finger when he moved to LA. Stan has deep ass pockets and probably the best lawyers to get it done. Rams to LA, chargers stay in SD and raiders sign another one year lease before bailing.

How does Divinity Original Sin compare to Diablo 3?

Thinking about picking it up on PS4 next month
Not really comparable other than the isometric view. Diablo 3 is a hack-n-slash loot based action RPG and Divinity is more of a classic old school turn-based CRPG. Divinity is much slower paced with more emphasis on traditional RPG stuff like story, exploration, world building, quests, etc.

Spinluck

They aren't anything alike

Which one you like more

They're pretty different. Diablo is an action RPG and Divinity is turn based. D:OS was my GOTY for what it's worth.

I've only seen screens and a little bit of video so excuse my ignorance. I just like those type of games, and I liked D3 despite it feeling very dumbed down.

Not really comparable other than the isometric view. Diablo 3 is a hack-n-slash loot based action RPG and Divinity is more of a classic old school turn-based CRPG. Divinity is much slower paced with more emphasis on traditional RPG stuff like story, exploration, world building, quests, etc.

Thanks friend. I just read that it is turn based. Did not catch that at all lol.

Hindl

How does Divinity Original Sin compare to Diablo 3?

Thinking about picking it up on PS4 next month

About as different as possible while still both being RPGs. Divinity is like Ultima and other earlier RPGs. Turn based, each turn you get a set number of points, which are consumed by both movement and using abilities. It's some in depth shit.

Crisco

Banned
Wikipedia is always on point,

In September 2015, he also starred in a series of humorous TV commercials for Verizon Wireless talking about Verizon's reliability and backup generators, joking that "I bet if they just had the chance, some of those backups would really shine." After an injury to Drew Brees the week after those commercials aired, McCown will be the temporary starting quarterback against the Carolina Panthers.

Spinluck

The performances of our rookie D-linemen Henry Anderson (DT) and David Perry (NT) have been overshadowed by our shittiness. But they have been pretty good so far this season, particularly against the run. Hope they can improve against the pass. Our terrible LB corp is the most glaring weakness on this defense. Our corners can't stay healthy which will prove to be another problem.

The performances of our rookie D-linemen Henry Anderson (DT) and David Perry (NT) has been overshadowed by our shittiness. But they have been pretty good so far this season, particularly against the run. Our terrible LB corp is the most glaring weakness on this defense. Our corners can't stay healthy which will prove to be another problem.

Surprised Sio Moore can't sniff any snaps as bad as your D is.

Spinluck

Surprised Sio Moore can't sniff any snaps as bad as your D is.

How was he for you guys? We our do an injury to one of our oldies so he'll move up on the depth chart for sure.

He's a young guy so I am surprised they haven't rotated him in since the average age of our LBs is like 40. Jackson, Cole, and Mathis look pretty washed up so far this season. I'll give Mathis a few more games but given how much football he's missed at his age, I doubt he will make much of an impact.

A lot of the big runs we've allowed this season have been mostly on the LBs. Just shit gap responsibility across the board, and lazy tackling. Freeman over pursues on everything, and the oldies are slow to react. Our front in Anderson, Perry, and Langford have actually been solid. Need to do better against the passing game though.

How was he for you guys? We our do an injury to one of our oldies so he'll move up on the depth chart for sure.

Was definitely one of the best players on our team the past couple years, led the team in tackles and 2nd in sacks. Seemed to be nagged by injuries tho and had a tendency to give up and take plays off.

Top Bottom