• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbs

Banned
I would honestly try draft kings or fan duel if I didn't see a commercial for them literally three times a commercial break.

Did it through last week and used my initial $100 deposit up. Was cool for the three weeks but see ya later. No need to do it anymore.

eznark

Banned
Are the Bears having a fire sale? I did not expect an 0-3 start from them, but even with that seems just a little bit early to call the season over, yet it looks like they just opened everything up to "best offer".

Fire sale implies they are getting rid of good players. Jared Allen isn't a fit for that team with the coaching changes.

h1nch

DraftKings' interface is so garbage that I don't know what they're doing with all the software engineers they're hiring. The interface on their mobile app is pretty bad too.

I just signed up this past weekend and I agree, it's shitty.

Still haven't tried Fanduel yet.

LevelNth

Banned
Fuck you, Jed York.
I find it so hilarious some Niner fans actually think he has anything to do with anything right now.

It starts and ends with Kap, and fans of other teams that have telling us he's been garbage for over a year now were right and all you can do is man up and admit it.

If you still don't believe it, please make a list of just how many other quarterbacks in the league (backup or otherwise) could possibly muster a game as bad as his on Sunday.

It wasn't just that bad. It was worse.

Jerry Reese needs to call the Bears and inquire about the Black Unicorn.
He should have never let him go. He was on the money in bringing him from the Cowboys where he was overshadowed by Witten. Mike Pope helped to develop him for two seasons into a solid pass catcher and blocker and he should have been signed to an extension and not allowed to hit free agency.

Though to be fair, Bennett is being paid top tight end money (6-6.5 million/yr) for production that doesn't quite line up, IMO.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
One of these games, Rodgers will be able to comfortably sit on the bench during the 4th quarter and I can rest easy. I hated having to attentively watch the game last night and say things to myself like "I hope Alex Fucking Smith doesn't pull off a comeback on us".

Three amazing quarters of play from the defense followed by confusion and whatever the fuck that was.

One of these games, Rodgers will be able to comfortably sit on the bench during the 4th quarter and I can rest easy. I hated having to attentively watch the game last night and say things to myself like "I hope Alex Fucking Smith doesn't pull off a comeback on us".

Three amazing quarters of play from the defense followed by confusion and whatever the fuck that was.

Welcome to the life of Giants fans for the first three weeks of the season.;)

Striker

Bennett's paid decently, but he can still ball and is a helluva blocker. He's the 10th highest paid TE in 2015.

FFS, Lance Kendricks is getting paid near $6M and Julius Thomas is making $10M because of one season off Peyton Manning.

BigAT

He should have never let him go. He was on the money in bringing him from the Cowboys where he was overshadowed by Witten. Mike Pope helped to develop him for two seasons into a solid pass catcher and blocker and he should have been signed to an extension and not allowed to hit free agency.

Though to be fair, Bennett is being paid top tight end money (6-6.5 million/yr) for production that doesn't quite line up, IMO.

Remember when they brought in Brandon Myers to replace him? Holy fuck was he useless.

Greg

they did stop them on 4th though!

Bennett's paid decently, but he can still ball and is a helluva blocker. He's the 10th highest paid TE in 2015.
I don't disagree.

I'd just argue that we got 623 yards and 6 TD's out of Donnell last season for a pittance. That's what Reese is seeing and why he makes the decisions he does on the tight end front. Not saying its right as I've already said I think we should have made more of an effort to sign Bennett but realistically we've been able to get relatively close production from the off-the-street guys for better or worse.

Greg

Rodgers did his job last night, but his job was executing simple throws, putting the ball quickly in the hands of receivers like Randall Cobb in favorable matchups on short throws, and allowing others to do the heavy lifting.

yeah, executing simple throws to the favorable matchup is a given in this league

eznark

Banned
yeah, executing simple throws to the favorable matchup is a given in this league

The best part is he audibled into those two touchdowns. So he made quick accurate throws to a player who he himself put into a position to score...and gets downgraded for it!

Becoming more and more obvious that as PFF gets bigger the general understanding of football among their graders is decreasing rapidly.

Wes Welker is also working out with the Giants today.

Hakeem Nicks, Wes Welker and Chris Cooley all coming in today.

That's a lot of worn down tires right there.

Striker

Reese has handled the TE position as poorly as he's done with the LB's. Take a look at it. He's paid one guy from FA decent money (Boley) and they've drafted one guy in the early rounds, and he turned out to be a colossal bust (Sintim). All that in nearly ten years as GM.

TE's since Shockey:
Kevin Boss
Jake Ballard
Marty Bennett
Brandon Myers
Larry Donnell

... all have had the same production, but none were early draft choices or looked at as long term solutions. He's gotta change that.

EDIT. ^^ They'll probably make a move or two, particularly at DL because they have 11 guys there. Kuhn to IR?

Greg

The best part is he audibled into those two touchdowns. So he made quick accurate throws to a player who he himself put into a position to score...and gets downgraded for it!

Becoming more and more obvious that a PFF gets bigger the general understanding of football among their graders is decreasing rapidly.
a shame he couldn't throw for 20+ yards on a 4-yard touchdown though

#DoesHeEvenLift

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So we have 5 kickers coming in for work outs today. Saw that coming after seeing BoB just glaring at Randy after he missed yet again.

Patriots7

Patriots have a better chance than GB, IMO. Packers will face Cardinals and Denver both on the road. Sure, Peyton's arm looks like a noodle but they have a great defense. Cardinals are even better at home than Denver. If I had to pick a favourite to win the whole thing, I'd take the Cardinals right now.

Patriots D gets a lot of hate for some reason, but they are much better than advertised. And they will improve during the year as they always do. Pats went to SB a few years ago without a healthy Gronk and with zero defense. This team is much better than that.
The Patriots face Denver on the road as well. And between the Jets, Dolphins and Bills defenses, they have a much harder schedule than most give them credit for.
I don't really think GB has much of a challenge, although if the Bears game is representative of their away performance, then maybe you're right.

The secondary is still in flux for me to say it sucks. But it's not good. Malcolm Butler is doing excellent, but the drop between him and the no.2 corner is monstrous. I think Tarell Brown is the next best one on the roster. He is easily the most consistent at the position (and I'm pissed he dressed and didn't play, unless he was indeed recovering). Logan Ryan is mediocre and Bradley Fletcher is a liability. Justin Coleman looked decent. I'm surprised he hasn't made a trade for someone yet.

Defensive front looks good, and is going to get even better once Chris Jones returns.

Blount and Lewis is beautiful. We get LaFell back in Week 7 I believe. Really love what I'm seeing from the offense, and hope we can get Cadet, Chandler and 'dola more involved.

JaMarco

Rodgers has the athleticism of John Elway, the intelligence of Payton Manning and the arm strength of Dan Marino. He is a God and he is a blast to watch play the position. We can keep pretending he isn't the best to ever play based on team-based outcomes, but individually no one has ever played the position better.

The only argument that exists otherwise is that we don't really know how good guys like Bobby Lane and YA Tittle were, and it's hard to guess how good Johnny U would be. But like in all sports, there is seemingly universal agreement about the top two or three of all time (Brady, Manning, Montana) and Rodgers is a better quarterback than all of them...and it's not particularly close.

I almost think it's easier to appreciate him because the team as a whole hasn't had wild, dynastic success. There is no real Packer fatigue like there is Laker and Patriot and Heat fatigue so we can appreciate how great Rodgers is without the burden of saying how great the Packers are (for non-Packer fans).
If Rodgers is so godly, why did he get shutdown by Seattle last year?

Hindl

Damn, when even squicken is ready to cut bait with Bradford, you know it is bad.

Yeah I mean I'll keep him as the starter until the bye, give him the chance to fix his shit. If he doesn't we should bench him so we can get that conditional fourth from STL for next year. No sense in taking him out till then

rando14

Do PFF's grades incorporate Rodger's ability to generate penalties with the hard count? Because that is arguably the best thing he is doing so far this year, it's how he has been able to generate gigantic plays (including against us last week)

If Rodgers is so godly, why did he get shutdown by Seattle last year?

I would't say we shut him down (no one can), but we're able to do decently well against him compared to other teams. For the most part to the league has needed to accept Rodger's offensive capabilities as a sunk cost.

EDIT: Not to mention his calf was hurt in the NFCCG. Though Rodgers inability to stay healthy the past couple years has been something to note, doesn't seem like a pattern though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom