• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't listen to Stephen A.

Why does anyone give a shit what he or Skip says? Their gimmick is so obvious. One or the other takes a ridiculous position, people get upset and suddenly people are talking about the show. It's like an even dumbest version of the typical good cop bad cop routine in sports radio.

"I think Brady is the most overrated QB of all time"
"You're crazy! He's one of the best!"
"Ok listeners call in and tell us who you agree with"

BigAT

I'm just mad because Stephen A. just said Brady never shows up against elite defenses, and Seattle doesn't count because they were all injured.

You should be mad that the whole of experiences that made up your life up until this point has left you so broken and misguided that you're listening to Stephen A. Smith.

So the lakers start playing soon....that's good

you-have-look-more-scenes-Gus-More-heartbreaking-scenes-you-havent-even-seen-yet.gif

JaMarco

I love the Packers but it's going to be hard to win a superbowl with that defense. How does Capers still have a job!?
Their defense isn't any worse than the Patriots last year. As the goat QB, Rodgers should be able to win it all with that team.

http://www.baysportsnet.com/soccer-moms-vs-49ers/

York, and the rest of his power-hungry front office rallied as much support as possible for their shiny new stadium, and along the way, promised to pay for shiny new youth soccer fields. The San Francisco 49ers, and York, are not following through with their end of the bargain — which could end up costing taxpayers millions, according to a recent report by the San Jose Mercury News.

$2.5 million to be exact.

Small potatoes when you consider the football palace cost $1.3 billion to construct.

These soccer fields aren’t just used by the youth of Silicon Valley, but rather draw competitors from as far away as Southern California.

Jed York told the soccer league in a letter two years ago that the team would fund replacement fields, according to the report. Last week, the team’s front office told the soccer league that the Niners had changed their minds about the idea, and that the money wasn’t coming.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I love the Packers but it's going to be hard to win a superbowl with that defense. How does Capers still have a job!?

Defense played lights out for the first three quarters.

The secondary getting confused and lost isn't really a scheme or playcall issue also.

LOL @ the people who picked the Jets in survivor

That is insane. I didnt think the Eagles would win but they were 9-0 all time over the Jets. Until the Jets show that they can actually beat the Eagles in a game you would have to be an idiot to pick them.

I thought Dan Patrick was joking about Bears having a firing/trade sale but they weren't kidding. Nice pickup by Panthers in getting Allem

Farooq

Banned
According to my proprietary explosion formula, DT David Irving is explosive as fuck. Hope the Cowboys pick him up.

Holy shit, Loni Fangupo is more explosive. Chiefs stashing some explosive linemen on their PS.

Grab em Cowboys! Grab em quick.

I thought I read that the Eagles were going to start Vandervelde and panicked. He was total garbage in the preseason. I understand why the team doesn't want to, but I really think they should take a chance with Malcolm Bunche. He's a rookie, but he was really good in the preseason. Now that they have gotten off the ridiculous man blocking schemes and went to zone blocking schemes the game is more in reach for him.

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!

After obliterating the Niners, the NFC West overlords continue their reign for another week now 2 games ahead of everyone in the division. The Cards will move on to feasting on the Lambs. I always hate playing the Rams because of their propensity for knocking players out of games. They've taken out 3 different Cardinals QBs the last handful of seasons plus Honey Badger on the punt return and now they knocked out Big Ben... I"m supremely confident football-wise, but will be praying to the football gods that we get through this game without any serious injuries, especially to Palmer. We swept them last year, lets do it again! Go Cardinals!

I know you guys were expecting a more hyperbolic rant concerning our dismantling of the Niners and as fun as typing those posts are, the Niners are too pathetic to bother. If they were still good, I'd tell FMT to swallow deep but he knows his team sucks. I knew we'd win by multiple scores but didn't expect this level of blow out... Cheers to the Cardinals 12th man, little Kappy! We appreciate the touchdowns you threw on the Cardinals' behalf.

Now for more paragraphs so Spinluck isn't disappointed ;) The Palmer to Fitz connection continues to be deadly and John Brown and Floyd will ensure teams can't simply take Fitz out of the game to win. Chris Johnson is looking far from washed up and much better than I anticipated. This truly is the best RB depth we've ever had and now we'll get Ellington back against the Rams. We also are getting Iupati back, finally against the Rams so our rush attack will only improve! This offense is far from reaching it's full potential and if you watch the interviews, Fitz and Arians feel the same way. Our offense can be special and with the most points and TDs in the league (at least going into last night's game, not sure if Packers changed that), we're well on our way!

Defense, someone asked if our D was still any good. You tell me ;) Obviously the numbers are inflated due to Kaepernick being trash but still, our secondary read the Niners' schemes like they had the script, picking him apart. The Niners didn't cross the 50 a single time, offensively, that's fucking impressive. It would have easily been a complete shut-out if not for that stupid miffed punt. I still can't believe Butler beat out Zastudil and I hope we find someone better next season but Arians seems to be married to the guy this year... We had tons of pressure up front which was nice to see for a change but I know that's largely due to the Niners poor OL. I'm still excited about it because the other two division rivals OL is terrible too so I'm licking my chops thinking about the tissue paper Seattle has there. Honey Badger is looking like he'll have a monster season. Bethel, on his first defensive snap (he's been a ST ace), gets a pick six at the start of the game, happy for him. Peterson quietly shut down Torrey Smith, preventing even a single catch from occurring so he did his job. We'll have to wait until week 5 against Megatron to get a better sample.

On one hand I appreciate that Arians goes for the jugular and on the other, we definitely should have taken Palmer out once the game was put away. It's not worth risking the whole damn season. Kaep should have been out too for that matter but I'm guessing they hoped he'd work out of his funk to get a little confidence back before the game ended. Also, fuck the Niners (I think it was Bowman) for that pile-up where he was clearly trying to dig into Palmer and injure him after the play was dead. Already had Mcphee go after Palmer's knees in Chicago, these trash teams need some class. It's alright, I understand, the fear is palpable.

Now go ahead and try to write our blow out off for being against a bad team. I'll just laugh and enjoy the 3-0 start. I don't care how bad the other team is, a mediocre or worse team does not win by 40 pts against ANYONE. We aren't just beating bad teams, we're blowing them the fuck out as a legit team. We are the most balanced team in the league and any team would be wise to be wary of us. That's what we have over the Packers and Patriots, a more complete team but they have the superior QB and we know how huge a factor that is in the NFL. I really enjoyed watching Rodgers last night, just a master of his craft and I respect the hell out of the Packers. That said, despite Rodgers being far superior, Palmer is still hanging with those guys in scoring so if we keep this up, we'll compete against anyone as I've been saying. With Big Ben all but guaranteed to be out, the Steelers game isn't the challenge it once was which means we should have smooth sailing all the way to week 10 where we play in Seattle. It will be interesting to see how both teams look coming into that game. Go Cardinals! Let's get that 4-0!

BAL @ PIT

NYJ @ MIA

NYG @ BUF
CAR @ TB
OAK @ CHI
KC @ CIN
HOU @ ATL
JAC @ IND
PHI @ WAS

CLE @ SD
MIN @ DEN
GB @ SF
STL @ ARI

DAL @ NO

DET @ SEA

Doomsayer

http://gph.is/1h7G8aC

I had not seen this angle of Kaep's first INT. This is the kind of thing people made fun of Gabbert for doing

Rookies make throws like this... not 5 year veterans.

I can say this - I was wrong about Kaep. He hit his ceiling his first year and he is only going to get worse. So much talent and no brains to put it together, it's really a damn shame. I would expect him to QB for the rest of this year and next year though, so we're stuck with him until then.

I'm going to drown my tears in a bunch of 2012 highlights... I'll sleep with my Harbaugh picture under my pillow tonight.

Miracle

I just realized...the Raiders are 2-1, and they are going against a tanking Bears team next week...they could go 3-1.

This season just got even more weird.

BAL @ PIT Vick sucks

NYJ @ MIA (London - 9:30AM) Toss up, Fuckball of the highest order

NYG @ BUF The wagons keep marching on
CAR @ TB Car is just a better team with Cam
OAK @ CHI The great Chicago Fire has started again
KC @ CIN Cin looks good, almost too good....
HOU @ ATL Atl is just a way better team.
JAC @ IND AFCS is the colts bread and butter
PHI @ WAS Toss up, both teams suck

CLE @ SD Even in mid collapse the Chargers are a better team
MIN @ DEN That defense is scary good
GB @ SF First ever 100 point game? (Most by Rodger...some by Kaep)
STL @ ARI 2nd best team in NFL?

DAL @ NO Cowboys manage to pull it off this time! Yee Haw!!

DET @ SEA This is going to be ugly...in a beautiful way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom