• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm addressing people who think they should've kicked it. I'm not saying it was the ideal play call. It was like 4th and 4 though, so not sure handing it to bell would be too reliable either.
I agree about not kicking. But it was 3rd & 2, 4th & 2, and 4th & 1 that the bad plays calls occurred.

but it's easier to put the game in the hands of your best player

That's easy to say, but the Rats entire defensive gameplan was daring Vick to throw. They were jamming scrimmage and playing the short lanes all night. They even refrained from blitzing to make sure Vick's running lanes had defenders in them.

Steelers had quite a few short yardage plays get jammed up. I have no idea WTF Bionic is talking about with Tomlin, there was no problem with the gameplan and it SHOULD have beaten the Rats if Scobee hadn't forgotten how to kick field goals.

So you run Vick on an obvious as hell rollout? Deacon, please.

Make them stuff another one. Like I said I'm just sick of finesse football, I watch too much of it every week.

That was a bad play. Rats defense was set up to take out Vick Running

The throw to Brown wasn't.

Mudcrab

SeveralImaginaryApatosaur.gif

That's easy to say, but the Rats entire defensive gameplan was daring Vick to throw. They were jamming scrimmage and playing the short lanes all night. They even refrained from blitzing to make sure Vick's running lanes had defenders in them.

Steelers had quite a few short yardage plays get jammed up. I have no idea WTF Bionic is talking about with Tomlin, there was no problem with the gameplan and it SHOULD have beaten the Rats if Scobee hadn't forgotten how to kick field goals.

I'm with you to an extent, it's always easy to second guess stuff that doesn't work. Harbaugh's fake FG was worse than any Tomlin call, to be honest, and Vick should have hit that last pass.

I don't blame Tomlin for going for it either. Kicker had already let him down twice and it was a long kick with a lot of pressure. Sadly the quality difference in kickers was the deciding factor in this one.

bionic77

He should have gone for it or punted on the long FG. That was beyond obvious to me.

He should have punted on the first 4th down attempt.

And he should have kicked it on the last attempt or punted. I would have kicked it and hoped someone blocked it in again.

Game should have ended but for Scobee's second miss which was all him, but Tomlin made some really bad decisions tonight.

My problem is he still fucks up this shit on the regular. How many games have we lost now because he went for a 49-52 yard FG that apparently only Tucker can make?

"AFC North still good"

Bengals gonna annually lose their only playoff game of the year
Ben already hurt
Browns still Browning
Ravens barely win in OT after a billion gifts against fucking Vick
Division gonna lose out of the playoffs for the third straight year

I'm with you to an extent, it's always easy to second guess stuff that doesn't work. Harbaugh's fake FG was worse than any Tomlin call, to be honest, and Vick should have hit that last pass.

I don't blame Tomlin for going for it either. Kicker had already let him down twice and it was a long kick with a lot of pressure. Sadly the quality difference in kickers was the deciding factor in this one.

No coach in their right mind would have given it to Scobee a 3rd time from 50 yards out. I will honestly be surprised if he's on the team Friday afternoon.

He should have gone for it or punted on the long FG. That was beyond obvious to me.

He should have punted on the first 4th down attempt.

And he should have kicked it on the last attempt or punted. I would have kicked it and hoped someone blocked it in again.

Game should have ended but for Scobee's second miss which was all him, but Tomlin made some really bad decisions tonight.

My problem is he still fucks up this shit on the regular. How many games have we lost now because he went for a 49-52 yard FG that apparently only Tucker can make?

Distance wasn't the problem. Scobee was!

Scobee has missed 4 field goal kicks and 1 PAT in 4 games. We lost the game to the Asterisks by 7, and the Rats tonight by 3.

Scobee's been in the league like 14 years and has made kicks like that before. We gave up a draft pick to acquire this idiot because of his experience. Why shouldn't Tomlin expect him to make the kick?! Both kicks had plenty of distance.

Greg

Distance wasn't the problem. Scobee was!

Scobee has missed 4 field goal kicks and 1 PAT in 4 games. We lost the game to the Asterisks by 7, and the Rats tonight by 3.

Scobee's been in the league like 14 years and has made kicks like that before. We gave up a draft pick to acquire this idiot because of his experience. Why shouldn't Tomlin expect him to make the kick?! Both kicks had plenty of distance.
if only Brown caught that TD...

Tamanon

Banned
Josh Scobee is a Jaguars plant. Especially after kicking so many field goals to punish the Steelers in past years.

<3 him for the 9-0 game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom