• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelers should have won that game without having to even make those field goals in the first place

Sure:
The 2 minute drill in the 4th quarter
Trying an outside qb run in OT on 4th down
Throwing it on 4th and 1 in OT

You watched the game I assume

...Now i'm really confused.

The 2 minute drill in the 4th ended with Scobee's 2nd missed kick. He makes that kick (or the one before it) and there is no overtime to speak of.

Did you watch the game?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Yeah didn't realize he was a Steelers fan...

0aOP9EX.jpg

He's the black squicken

...Now i'm really confused.

The 2 minute drill in the 4th ended with Scobee's 2nd missed kick. He makes that kick (or the one before it) and there is no overtime to speak of.

Did you watch the game?

They only took 1 minute off the clock when Ravens had one timeout in their 2 minute drill. They didn't need to hit that FG. They were ahead. Just needed to run the clock out. Yes, they expected scobee to hit the kick and he didn't. So it did go into OT, and when it DID go into OT because Ravens had enough time to hit. FG they made more questionable calls in OT

squicken

Tomlin isn't Pagano, but it is fair to wonder how much Ben has carried him over the years. I've never thought he helped Ben like McCarthey and Belichick help their guys, or Payton did when he was on the Oxy

They only took 1 minute off the clock when Ravens had one timeout in their 2 minute drill. They didn't need to hit that FG. They were ahead. Just needed to run the clock out. Yes, they expected scobee to hit the kick and he didn't. So it did go into OT, and when it DID go into OT because Ravens had enough time to hit. FG they made more questionable calls in OT

No.

There was 2:04 remaining. The Ravens had 2 stops (1 timeout and one with the 2 minute warning). They couldn't run out the clock. They needed a first down, which they didn't get. It's why Scobee was trotted out to make the field goal in the first place.

Again, did you watch the game?

No.

There was 2:04 remaining. The Ravens had 2 stops (1 timeout and one with the 2 minute warning). They couldn't run out the clock. They needed a first down, which they didn't get. It's why Scobee was trotted out to make the field goal in the first place.

Again, did you watch the game?

Yes I watched it. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought flacco got sacked when he had the ball on 4th with a little over 2 minutes left and that was the 2 minute warning, before steelers even had their first down. It was late, but my Sunday ticket is down right now but I'll trust that your memory is better than mine. Either way I don't see you defending the 4th down QB draw or pass on 4th and one, you just keep harping on the 2 minute drill

Narag

Yes I watched it. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought flacco got sacked when he had the ball on 4th with a little over 2 minutes left and that was the 2 minute warning, before steelers even had their first down. It was late, but my Sunday ticket is down right now but I'll trust that your memory is better than mine. Either way I don't see you defending the 4th down QB draw or pass on 4th and one, you just keep harping on the 2 minute drill

Flacco was sacked with 2:04 to go but the clock ran down to 1:56 iirc. Ref wound the clock back to 2:04 so the Ravens benefited from the two minute warning.

Striker

Tomlin isn't Pagano, but it is fair to wonder how much Ben has carried him over the years. I've never thought he helped Ben like McCarthey and Belichick help their guys, or Payton did when he was on the Oxy
He was carried by LeBeau until his talent got old and injured.

The draw play was a bad idea. Rats entire gameplan was to contain Vick. I said as much last night.

The 4th and 1 play was an excellent call, with terrible execution by Vick.

The problem here is none of that should have mattered. Scobee makes either one of his missed kicks in regulation and it is game over. It's ridiculous to me how anyone can pin this shit on Tomlin when the Steelers were in position to win the game TWICE. The only reason they didn't is because of those missed kicks.

Scobee also missed two kicks that could have changed the outcome of the Pats game. You cannot coach execution.

Zeke

So brees really gonna play Sunday smh he's going hurt himself. Also Christine Michael took first team snaps and might play Sunday pretty excited about that.

Salaadin

I wonder if this is it for Scobee. It feels like it has to be. I can't imagine him being a steeler anymore.

I don't really know how I feel about the 4 to 6 weeks without Ben now. I was trying to be so optimistic and now that's all sucked out of me. I actually woke up this morning feeling like the season was over, lol.

squicken

I was listening to an Eagles podcast, and Adam Caplan said it is not even in the Eagles thought process to go with Sanchez. They made the decision to go with Bradford, and that is what they are rolling with.

Greg

The draw play was a bad idea. Rats entire gameplan was to contain Vick. I said as much last night.

The 4th and 1 play was an excellent call, with terrible execution by Vick.

The problem here is none of that should have mattered. Scobee makes either one of his missed kicks in regulation and it is game over. It's ridiculous to me how anyone can pin this shit on Tomlin when the Steelers were in position to win the game TWICE. The only reason they didn't is because of those missed kicks.

Scobee also missed two kicks that could have changed the outcome of the Pats game. You cannot coach execution.
dBM80TT.jpg

bionic77

I wonder if this is it for Scobee. It feels like it has to be. I can't imagine him being a steeler anymore.

I don't really know how I feel about the 4 to 6 weeks without Ben now. I was trying to be so optimistic and now that's all sucked out of me. I actually woke up this morning feeling like the season was over, lol.
I don't think he is going to be in the NFL anymore.

He is totally worthless in 4 games. If he makes one of those kicks against the Ravens we win and our horrible clock management doesn't matter. If he makes those 2 very makeable kicks against the Pats in week one it is still a game going into the 2nd half and who knows what could have happened.

He might recover but it is hard to see anyone taking him on now. Everyone from coaches, players and fans are all terrified of losing a game because of a shit FG kicker, especially in 2015 when it seems that you can get any communist soccer player off the street and they can nail 80% of their kicks.

To think we spent a draft pick on his bum ass. :(

bionic77

He got his one drop out of the way early.

That was on Brown but Vick somehow had issues finding the best receiver in the game. There were so many 3rd downs when even a goober like Grabasski could have dumped it off to Bell or Brown and given them a chance to pick up the 1st but Vick just has blind man vision in the pocket. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone see the field this poorly.

Tomlin needs to get the boy some contacts.

He got his one drop out of the way early.

That was on Brown but Vick somehow had issues finding the best receiver in the game. There were so many 3rd downs when even a goober like Grabasski could have dumped it off to Bell or Brown and given them a chance to pick up the 1st but Vick just has blind man vision in the pocket. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone see the field this poorly.

Tomlin needs to get the boy some contacts.
Vick has never excelled at reading defenses, pre or post snap. That's always been what held him back the most. In the past it didn't matter as much because he was the best running QB of all time, but obviously he can't rely on that as much these days.

Still, show some respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom