• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomlin is a clueless fucking hack. He fucking blew that game nine ways to Sunday. Good god, I can't believe what I witnessed. Like 5 times he pulled defeat from the jaws of victory in one fucking game. Good job, buddy. You lost yourself some breathing with Ben out and you let the Ratbirds up off the mat. Jagoff.

Why are Ravens "rats?" Sorry I don't pay attention to NFC North but like I understand "Cowgirls" or "deadskins" "seachickens" etc... but rats?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ratbirds

Derogatory nick-name for the Maryland State Correctional System Work Release Program, also known as the Baltimore Ravens. The name can also be in reference to the puerile, quick-tempered, and monumentally mean-and-nasty fans of the above. Ratbirds fans don't really like the Ravens; they just hate the rest of the NFL, and are nototious bandwagon fans.

Why are Ravens "rats?" Sorry I don't pay attention to NFC North but like I understand "Cowgirls" or "deadskins" "seachickens" etc... but rats?

I never understood Deadskins as an insult. It actually sounds kind of cool. The others work. Cowgirls, Seachickens, Lambs, Browns, Forty-Whiners, are all viable insults to throw at their respective fanbases.

Line_HTX

Somebody cut this out, pls

CQSMZa2UwAAYCC7.jpg

EEK! What the fuck is Joe doing to him?

Also, his face is totally doing that LOL meme face.

manfestival

kyle brindza sighs with great relief as he watches other kickers miss in the nfl. must be nice knowing he still has a job after 4 missed kicks

I guess but I don't know I think there has to be something else that matches better with "Ravens"

LOL Browns so bad you just call them the Browns that and the Lions.

I honestly don't know who started the Ratbirds/Rats thing. I just saw it online years ago and was ok with it and followed suit.

LOL at the Browns non change. I've seen many Steeler fans refer to them as the Stains.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
LOL Browns so bad you just call them the Browns that and the Lions.

Lions were an 11-5 playoff team last year that's about to beat the Seahawks on Monday Night.

The Seahawks were considered the joke of the NFL like the Browns, Lions, Saints, Bengals and Bills were. You've suddenly forgotten that with the new found media attention with 75% of your fans being bandwagoners.

Lions were an 11-5 playoff team last year that's about to beat the Seahawks on Monday Night.

The Seahawks were considered the joke of the NFL like the Browns, Lions, Saints, Bengals and Bills were. You've suddenly forgotten with the new found media attention with 75% of your fans being bandwagoners.

We made SB XL bruh. And we had the Matt Hasslebeck/Shuan Alexander era. We have also made the AFC championship game. Yes since you're new to football you might not know we were once an AFC team. You guys been sucking dick for decades. Ooh 11-5 that's fucking great. We been to 3 SB in the last 10 years while you can't even win one playoff game. The 12th man was also invented well before we got this Russell/Pete era.

Educate yourself sucker!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Things change quick in the NFL for better or for worse. Tony Romo has had bad seasons, Andrew Luck is currently going through one as is Matthew Stafford. Fans are quick to give up on QBs but most are casual fans who think franchise QBs grow on trees.

The one consistent is they're all franchise QBs that 75% of the league does not have which is a Quarterback who has Football God given talent that cannot be taught.

2009 Dallas Cowboys were 11-5, the next season they were 6-10. These things take time.

You don't abandon ship with a young 27 year old stud at QB (Matthew Stafford) because of some bad games or bad coaching.

This is not directed towards the Heretics but towards NFLGAF and Lions fans.

Josh Scobee is a Jaguars plant. Especially after kicking so many field goals to punish the Steelers in past years.

<3 him for the 9-0 game!

Makes sense to me. He was usually well over 75% for us and pretty clutch when it mattered. We always played the steelers hard. Scobee is a jag at heart. He's tanking it on purpose.

Just so you guys get a small glimpse of what we Dolphins fans have dealt with under Philbin, consider the tale of CB Will Davis. Davis was a 2013 3rd round draft pick who flashed at times in camp and practice but never seemed to develop any consistency, partly due to injury struggles. The Dolphins, a team with one good CB in Grimes, traded Davis away to the Ravens for a 7th round pick a week or so ago.

And what did we see last night? Already Davis is starting at slot CB for the Ravens, and he made a key third down tackle on Antonio Brown as well as an important pass defense on a third down.

It would be one thing if the Dolphins had quality starters and depth at CB, but they have neither. Every CB outside of Grimes has struggled mightily and given up huge chunk plays to opposing WRs time after time. Go look up Allen Robinson's stats from week 2, or Percy Harvin's from week 3. CB is a huge area of need for the Dolphins.

After the game Davis tweeted: "Ozzie Newsome ...I thank you!!!"

This is not the first time this has happened and I doubt it will be the last. With CB alone you can look at Vontae Davis and Sean Smith, both underachieving CBs in Miami that have blossomed into quality starters elsewhere. Talent is not the problem. The Dolphins coaching staff is trash.

Baltimore didn't deserve to win that game, but Pittsburgh sure deserved to lose it.

This is the correct post.

I kinda assumed even with Vick that this would be a competitive game. I mean, it's Steelers vs. Ravens. Take 22 people from Pittsburgh, 22 from Baltimore, give them their unis and throw them out there, and you're going to have a competitive game.

But this... to be up 20-7 in the 3rd quarter, then watch the offense do fuck-all, watch Fucking Josh AssHat Scobee miss two FGs, then call some stupid ass plays on 4th and short, and then lose.

Ugh. I would've rather we'd been blown out and could have just rolled Vick under the bus and said we're fucked.

I think the funniest thing was Scobee walking around with his helmet on. Like, dude, Tomlin is not playing you again. Ever.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
that was a piss poor coaching job by the steelers, conservative when they should have been aggressive and aggressive when they should have been conservative. They should have run the ball 3 straight times when they had the ball near the two minute warning.

Wrayfield

Just so you guys get a small glimpse of what we Dolphins fans have dealt with under Philbin, consider the tale of CB Will Davis. Davis was a 2013 3rd round draft pick who flashed at times in camp and practice but never seemed to develop any consistency, partly due to injury struggles. The Dolphins, a team with one good CB in Grimes, traded Davis away to the Ravens for a 7th round pick a week or so ago.

And what did we see last night? Already Davis is starting at slot CB for the Ravens, and he made a key third down tackle on Antonio Brown as well as an important pass defense on a third down.

It would be one thing if the Dolphins had quality starters and depth at CB, but they have neither. Every CB outside of Grimes has struggled mightily and given up huge chunk plays to opposing WRs time after time. Go look up Allen Robinson's stats from week 2, or Percy Harvin's from week 3. CB is a huge area of need for the Dolphins.

This is not the first time this has happened and I doubt it will be the last. With CB alone you can look at Vontae Davis and Sean Smith, both underachieving CBs in Miami that have blossomed into quality starters elsewhere. Talent is not the problem. The Dolphins coaching staff is trash.

Don't forget Vontae being pretty good for the Colts either. Anyone who doesn't quite make it for the Dolphins seems to be doing just fine or really great on other teams... :(

Fox318

Tomlin is such a fucking shit coach. It amazes me that a "fan" base as large as the steelers accept him as the coach.

I've seen so many fucking dumb calls from that Omar Epps looking mother fucker and nobody says shit because they think he is some sort of locker room moral director or some shit.

Guess what? Outside of a waste of human space in John Fox, Tomlin wouldn't be an upgrade for the rest of the teams at head coach.

Hmm. It's almost 9:30am ET. What time do NFL offices open? What time does Tomlin/Colbert get to Steelers' HQ?

WHY AM I NOT SEEING THAT SCOBEE HAS BEEN RELEASED.

Good morn.....

And now I'm sad again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom