• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

If Megatron secures with both hands the ball he scores, the end. His knees aren't close to being down, he would have passed the goal line. That's on him.

I wonder where he'll play next season since he's almost certainly being cut after this season. Patriots? Brady probably has a couple more years left right. I just hope he gets a ring, he deserves it. We wasted another first ballot HoFer's career...Jesus fuck.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
And look at the numbers afterwards, until the NFL cheaped out. There are a lot of soccer clubs that would be happy to get such numbers.

Yeah, the NFL needs to bring back best football to Europe. I'm not arguing that. But Frankfurt? Frankfurt? Come on.

Honestly, to do the NFL in Europe right, they'd have to have a whole division here. You can't have one team so severely disadvantaged by having to fly 12 hours and change timezones completely on a week to week basis. You'd have to have a division so that the misery was spread through all 32 teams.

But obviously, that's impossible. Which is why there won't be a functional team in Europe. Oh, sure the Jags will come to London. But due to the scheduling, they'll suck even worse, which will drive away the potential fanbase and they'll get shunted to OKC in a few years.

People are talking about that bat but it was going out of bounds anyway and he could have easily have just grabbed the ball. Lions lost fair and square.

WanderingWind

In a perfect world we´d have two, one in the AFC and one in the NFC. And there were enough iconic teams in the NFLE to invigorate the fanbase again.

Whose read for the 40 team NFL!?

Hell, even Tebow would get a starting QB job with that many teams.

But yeah, as much as the NFL wants the European market, there is no realistic way of doing, unless they're willing to bring back NFLE.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If Megatron secures with both hands the ball he scores, the end. His knees aren't close to being down, he would have passed the goal line. That's on him.

I wonder where he'll play next season since he's almost certainly being cut after this season. Patriots? Brady probably has a couple more years left right. I just hope he gets a ring, he deserves it. We wasted another first ballot HoFer's career..

If he's being cut, why not trade him? They could get a good return for him right now and holding on to him for this year is pointless.

WedgeX

Banned
Of course the refs forget about a game changing penalty. And of course it involves Megatron. Not that it takes away from the Lions offense being awful the entire rest of the game. Just insult to injury. Again.

WanderingWind

NFL Europe Division

London
Munich
???
???

I mean, where else would two teams even go? I guess they could do 2 UK teams and 2 German teams. Inter city rivalry or something. I dunno. I'm glad I'm not the guy being forced to figure out how to bring the NFL to a whole new continent.

squicken

Probably my favorite Eagles' writer is Jeff McClane. Seems to avoid the hot takes and takes a critical look at things

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/330788591.html
He won't say it in public, but he has to know that the lack of talent on the offensive line is killing his run schemes, and his vanilla run schemes aren't doing his substandard linemen any favors. It's a double-edged sword that has delivered self-inflicted wounds and is the No. 1 reason the Eagles are 1-3 at the quarter mark of the season.

Kelly has dressed up some of his runs with different formations and more plays with the quarterback under center, but defenses are still keying on "tells." The Eagles hadn't run the jet sweep in the first three weeks, but two went to Darren Sproles on Sunday.

Both times linebacker Will Compton could be seen anticipating a handoff as he motioned pre-snap, and each time he ran to the spot and blew up the play.

All 22 look. The fumble by Algholor was killer. They had it blocked up well
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...s-Flight/504d5bfc-88c6-4980-8fe4-677786c4c784

615_eagle_eye_WAS_REVIEW_7_100515.jpg

More at that link, but on several of the sacks they had guys open downfield. Chip's going to have to figure out his run game, b/c down three linemen, potentially, it doesn't really matter what he gets open downfield. Their success rate on first down was awful, and they had way too many third and longs. It's not a mystery why the defense is on the field too much. Andrew Luck isn't walking through the door

Hammer24

Banned
NFL Europe Division

London
Munich
???
???

I mean, where else would two teams even go? I guess they could do 2 UK teams and 2 German teams. Inter city rivalry or something. I dunno. I'm glad I'm not the guy being forced to figure out how to bring the NFL to a whole new continent.

Frankfurt
Duesseldorf
London
Amsterdam

These would be the must have teams.

Milchjon

The dude said "1991."

Okay, all jokes aside, Bavarians are by far bearing the most burden of immigrants right now. And they're doing a fantastic job with accommodations and support. Munich turned out in the hundreds of thousands to support. Deggendorf basically turned over their entire township. Eschenbach is taking in refugees that are getting bounced back from Berlin because they don't meet the criteria.

Basically, you got the joke backwards. Bavarians in this joke would be the bleeding heart liberals who will totally ruin Germany by letting all these people in.

Of course I'm mostly joking, I spent a significant portion of my life in Bavaria and both my brother and some of my best friends live in Munich. I am aware of the situation there.

Although what you describe is to a significant degree owed to location and less to "bleeding heart liberalism". And Seehofer's rhetoric definitely isn't helping.

WanderingWind

Of course I'm mostly joking, I spent a significant portion of my life in Bavaria and both my brother and some of my best friends live in Munich. I am aware of the situation there.

Although what you describe is to a significant degree owed to location and less to "bleeding heart liberalism". And Seehofer's rhetoric definitely isn't helping.

Oh, I know. I wasn't accusing you of being ignorant or that Bavaria is actually super liberal. I'm just pointing out that the joke that Bavrians hates migrants makes about as much sense as jokes about Stafford being too skinny or Rex Ryan being too normal with his sexual tendencies.

Milchjon

Oh, I know. I wasn't accusing you of being ignorant or that Bavaria is actually super liberal. I'm just pointing out that the joke that Bavrians hates migrants makes about as much sense as jokes about Stafford being too skinny or Rex Ryan being too normal with his sexual tendencies.

Pfft, the fact that they deal with someone doesn't mean they don't hate them. If that was the case, they wouldn't be part of Germany anymore.

Although I guess they haven't kicked you out yet means that they have a higher tolerance than I expected.

squicken

I agree with BG that it is time to fire Kave's boy Farmer, but Pettine needs to go too. His defense has the highest % of cap dollars allocated to it in the league, and is 32nd in yards and 20th in scoring against. I get that Haslam doesn't want to be seen as another George Steinbrenner, but doubling down on bad hires is its own form of incompetency

e:
http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=50291
Pettine said Haden decided prior to pre-game warmups that he couldn’t play with a broken finger. He also suffered a rib injury the previous week against Oakland.

“We left it up to Joe, and he made the decision that he didn’t want to go,” said Pettine, who indicated coaches were surprised and had to adjust the morning of the game.
Cooper-itis

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Of course the refs forget about a game changing penalty. And of course it involves Megatron. Not that it takes away from the Lions offense being awful the entire rest of the game. Just insult to injury. Again.

The loss benefits our draft position. I'm fine with it.

If Calvin "least clutch receiver in the league" Johnson holds on to the ball, it never happens.

Not many teams line up to take on 20m cap hits per..

At the deadline, I'd bet at least 3 teams would.

Nice to see the NFL Europe getting some love on here. Ive always been a big proponent of it but we will never get a developmental league again. Especially with CTE being known to the public. Can't afford to pay these guys cheap developmental salaries....

RELAYER

Banned
NFL Europe Division

London
Munich
???
???

They're gonna make an NFL Europe Division?
Don't all the NFL teams already suck because not enough talent? And gonna add 4 more?
Also how are they gonna convince guys to go live in Europe?
And also won't they not be able to call it "NFL" anymore?
Sounds like a disaster.

Wrayfield

Yeah, way to put the country's best foot forward. "Due to the grand success of the London - capital of the world for centuries and one of the most thriving metropolises in the modern world - we bring you the NFL in Frankfurt. Frankfurt, of course, is home to nothing and is of no importance and holds no particular beauty."

It's not much of a city but football is really big there. As far as local fans, I'd argue you could easily fill the Waldstadion with US footie fans and that's just local fans.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
5 pages over night? do you fuckers not sleep?

Rough fumble by Stafford at the goal line, just brutal.

Aaron Eckhart! Holy shit!

Gotta admit, I see it also.

As for that guy being the interim coach, it sounds like he isn't going to take shit from the players. Maybe a hard ass is what they need.

Or they rebel against him and blow the season to punish him. Either way, the Dolphins are screwed.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Woah, what?!

after Kam punched the ball out, it was bouncing in the endzone a seahawks player intentionally batted it out of the back. The refs called a touchback instead of calling a correct penalty which would have been Lions ball with a first down.

eznark

Banned
after Kam punched the ball out, it was bouncing in the endzone a seahawks player intentionally batted it out of the back. The refs called a touchback instead of calling a correct penalty which would have been Lions ball with a first down.

Holy shit how in this era of 24/7 NFL news on hundreds of outlets is this the first I am hearing of this?

I'll wait for the RBH breaking news link at noon.

All this time and you still fall for ez sarcasm?

Top Bottom