• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I agree that if you saved $400k or more of that money you would be in good shape in any country, but most people I know spend what they earn and don't really plan for the future.

I'm making 400k now, ill always be making 400k!

eznark

Banned
:lol

I love you ez but that is every asshole's excuse.

"At least I say what I mean!"

"Yeah but you just told your secretary that a concussed retarded midget would probably make less mistakes in a year than she makes in a day..."

When you talk to them like that they don't stay around long enough to sue you for sexual harassment.

Hometown boy will use that good will/press to parlay that into something else when he's cut after a year, either with the Packers/Badgers.
HE WAS ALREADY ON THE GOD DAMNED TEAM

Draxal

When you talk to them like that they don't stay around long enough to sue you for sexual harassment.

HE WAS ALREADY ON THE GOD DAMNED TEAM

Ayup, but he got a nice press release and everything reminding you that Wisconsin native Jared Abbrederis is so loyal to his hometown team.

If he thought he had any chance of making it another year, he wouldn't have signed this deal.

I mean it's insanely stupid, but you asked what reason he could think of and that's the only one I could think of.

eznark

Banned
Ayup, but he got a nice press release and everything reminding you that Wisconsin native Jared Abbrederis is so loyal to his hometown team.

If he thought he had any chance of making it another year, he wouldn't have signed this deal.

I mean it's insanely stupid, but you asked what reason he could think of and that's the only one I could think of.

This doesn't improve his chances.

Ok, fair point on the looking for reasons thing. Sorry I yelled at you.

ampere

The average person in the world makes 18k a year. More than a third of those live off less than 2 bucks a day. In the US, 400k is equivalent to roughly 11 years of the average salary of the regular worker. Used wisely, 400k would set you up for success anywhere in any first world country for life, even if you couldn't exactly hope to never work again.

Yeah but what if to get that 400k you have to have your brain get jiggled around a lot and hang out with super rich people who encourage you to waste money

The "used wisely" bit is a super fringe case. Also 400k at once would trigger higher tax and less qualification for social programs than earning that amount in smaller portions over 11 years

bionic77

I see.

On a completely unrelated topic, how is your secretary performing?
She is amazing these days.

Since you asked she is a sweet old lady who would remind you of your grandmother and was incompetent when we hired her. It took about 12 months for me to teach her how to do the most basic shit. I honestly thought about getting rid of her but I couldn't because she was trying to get better and also the idea of firing someones sweet grandmother kind of made me hesitant.

She makes my life a lot easier now and deals with a lot of shitty and difficult clients for me along with other mundane shit like booking hotels, etc.

Draxal

This doesn't improve his chances.

Ok, fair point on the looking for reasons thing. Sorry I yelled at you.

He might think it improves his chance of getting a job within the Packers organization later on off the playing field. The fanbase is not really beholden to that sort of relationship, but I know the Giants have treated certain loyal players extremely well with cushy jobs (Charles Way).

But yeah I'm really stretching, but I don't think there's anyway he would have done this if he didn't grow up in Wisconsin.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
HE WOULD BE MAKING THOSE NUMBERS REGARDLESS IF HE MAKES THE TEAM.

He signed a non-guaranteed long term deal for LEAGUE MINIMUM. Of course he has no negotiating power in 2015. But he is also assuming he will never have any with this deal. It's as dumb as it gets.

There is no way he actually has an agent, right?

I don't teams will negotiate anymore without an agent. I recall in around 2000 there was a trend of players hiring attorneys to assist with contract negotiations and teams started balking at that.

Was there a signing bonus?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions are now like Gary Kubiak era Texans. Just good enough to lose at the end.
"But the team is exciting to watch!" And yes Texans were once voted "most exciting team to watch."

Unfortunately, Texans are now back at Don Capers/David Carr era. Just garbage.

Right. I'm not mad at all about the missed call. Calvin Johnson is the least clutch player in the league. That's what makes me mad.

eznark

Banned
I don't teams will negotiate anymore without an agent. I recall in around 2000 there was a trend of players hiring attorneys to assist with contract negotiations and teams started balking at that.

No, there was no guaranteed money. Not even a guarantee of being on the roster the rest of this year.

Really?

I dispute this statement.

"Most people in the world," yeah... I think the average global income is just shy of $10,000/year, and if you take into account that 50% + 1 = most, then you could figure a some 3.51 billion people make a good deal less than that... so $400,000 would probably set most of those people for life.

That said it's definitely not true of civilized Western countries. Not that I wouldn't take $400,000 year though...

bionic77

Damn we have to find a way to beat the Chargers or Chiefs with Vick. Its hard for me to see us beating the Cardinals.

Its going to be a titanic coaching struggle when Tomlin and Reid face off if it is a close game. Who is dumber about field position and time management? Not too long ago I thought it was Reid in a landslide, but these days I think it is going to be a legit struggle between these two morons.

I would be very happy with 1-2 and Ben coming back in time to save us all from the red retard.

BigAT

It is still allowed to happen and does from time to time. Jon Beason represents himself.

eznark

Banned
Tannehill was perfect on third downs against the Jets, and not in a good way. On third-and-fourth downs, he went 6-of-16 for 33 yards with no first downs (not a typo) and two interceptions. Many of those came in long-yardage situations, but Tannehill also failed to convert four plays with 7 yards or less to go.

oof

BigAT

"The Lions and the sport of football lost on Monday night." @SI_PeterKing

Lmfao

This is the biggest thing to rock the world of sports since Andrew McCutchen ordered coffee.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chica...ook-his-ball-and-went-home-like-a-5-year-old/

He's the worst. Squicken, I appreciate you not linking this dope every Monday anymore.

Bonus:

106.jpg

squicken

^^^^^^ my boy squicken posts and reads the worst articles by the worst journalists. #PrayForSquicken

I always know the context of what I am reading. I've called Grossi a caveman many times, and I know PK is a schill. But Grossi is still the least bad Cleveland writer, and PK has good access

My favorite football writer was Paul Zimmerman. I think Greg Bedard is kind of trying to go that route with what he is doing. Hope SI gives him the time and freedom to do that kind of writing

Top Bottom