• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

tumblr_nkrgo3YocJ1snxxsgo7_r4_500.gif

Draconian

It just doesn't make sense. Like, if there's a fumble you can still knock the ball out of bounds so that the other team can't get possession, right? Just seems dumb to have a rule where you can't knock the ball out of bounds. Why not?

Prolly one of those "spirit of the game" type rules. As a neutral, it's more exciting watching a scrum for the ball than someone swatting it out of bounds too, so for me it makes sense.

Trey

It just doesn't make sense. Like, if there's a fumble you can still knock the ball out of bounds so that the other team can't get possession, right? Just seems dumb to have a rule where you can't knock the ball out of bounds. Why not?

Defense swats it out of bounds, it's the offense's ball. Defense swats it out of the back of the endzone, it's that team's ball. I suppose the NFL wants it so that the offense has that much greater a chance to recover the ball in the endzone.

Defense swats it out of bounds, it's the offense's ball. Defense swats it out of the back of the endzone, it's that team's ball. I suppose the NFL wants it so that the offense has that much greater a chance to recover the ball in the endzone.

If KJ went for the ball and fumble it... then it's still Seahawks ball. It actually the "intent" because he intentionally didn't try to recover it and tap it out then it's a flag on him. If he dove for the ball and just flat out miss cause of butter fingers it would still be our ball.

It's kind of stupid but they made it so players wouldn't "tap" the ball to their teammates during fumble. I get the rule but the NBA doesn't give two fucks about it. When their is a loose ball players are allowed to dive and tap to teammates, they just can't kick it.

So we have this amazing defensive play by Kam Chancellor and everyone is hand wringing over obscure rule #42 subsection (a) clause iii? That I GUARANTEE only 0.001% of people knew was a rule.

When did sports become more about drama and bullshit and less about athleticism and talent? That rule is ridiculous anyways. The defensive teams makes a one in a million play to stop a TD and their choice is recover the ball and risk a safety?

gcubed

So we have this amazing defensive play by Kam Chancellor and everyone is hand wringing over obscure rule #42 subsection (a) clause iii? That I GUARANTEE only 0.001% of people knew was a rule.

When did sports become more about drama and bullshit and less about athleticism and talent? That rule is ridiculous anyways. The defensive teams makes a one in a million play to stop a TD and their choice is recover the ball and risk a safety?

how the fuck would they risk a safety?

lawnchair

Banned

agree with that

kam chancellor is a fucking god is getting lost in all this bullshit

Exokell

Banned

Then how come you are a Lebron hater?

Oh so if a rule is obscure or not common it shouldn't be a rule. Ok. Why don't we take it a step further and say if a penalty is committed, but the refs doesn't think it had an effect on the play it's no longer a penalty?

He's facing the worst pass defense in the league Sunday night, Giants could very well make him look like Joe Montana...

I 100% guarantee he is held under 200 yards passing. He has had guys open all year and can't find thdm. It does matter how bad you pads D is, kap and the gang will make sure we post mediocre numbers

I'd feel badly for the Lions but the Seahawks dude could have easily recovered it.

Technically, it should have been the Lions ball but Stafford would have just gotten hungry and caught the next snap with his face and eaten the ball and that's probably illegal under some rule.

I 100% guarantee he is held under 200 yards passing. He has had guys open all year and can't find thdm. It does matter how bad you pads D is, kap and the gang will make sure we post mediocre numbers

Attack the middle of the field, don't test the corners, Prince and DRC are good, if he was another QB i would tell him to attack Prince, but since Kap is having a bad bad year, don't attack our corners the middle is there for the taking..

It's fun to joke and make fun but I sat down and watched with attention the 49ers game to see the offense.

It was beyond have a laugh at the kid with a kick me sign stuck to him. This would be like Billy Madison laughing as Eric burned in the kitchen.

Kaepernick was utterly lost for most series. The 1 time that got near the endzone he locked up and went into his Madden 2005 habit of dropping back continually in the pocket.

Almost every guy on the team you could spot at times react like they were annoyed they were having to play with him despite it ruining the game because mom said so.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Sunday's games had up to a 5.9% share of German TV viewers, on a niche channel.

Send a game here you fucks.

There is nowhere big enough in real Germany to host it. They'd have to move it out of Bavaria into some inferior part of the country like Berlin or something.

WanderingWind

The game would have to be played in Frankfurt you heathen!

Yeah, way to put the country's best foot forward. "Due to the grand success of the London - capital of the world for centuries and one of the most thriving metropolises in the modern world - we bring you the NFL in Frankfurt. Frankfurt, of course, is home to nothing and is of no importance and holds no particular beauty."

Hammer24

Banned
Nice way to basically admit that you have no idea that Frankfurt is the American Football capital of Germany. Heathen.

WanderingWind

Nice way to basically admit that you have no idea that Frankfurt is the American Football capital of Germany. Heathen.

I actually followed the Galaxy game the other day. But calling it the "American Football capital of Germany" is like the tallest little person making fun of the shortest one.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions beat writer said:
Golden Tate said nothing of consequence tonight unless you read between the lines, which I did. He is clearly irritated with playcalling.

Excellent. EXCELLENT.

Milchjon

Allianz Arena's capacity is bigger than all but 6 NFL stadiums.

That being said, WW, you sound like a true Bavarian by now. You probably hate immigrants too. You are the Bavarian Clayton Bigsby.

Hammer24

Banned
But calling it the "American Football capital of Germany" is like the tallest little person making fun of the shortest one.

They were able to get an attendance of over 50000 for a football game already back in 1991 - and what that means in a soccer country like Germany should be clear.

WanderingWind

They were able to get an attendance of over 50000 for a football game already back in 1991 - and what that means in a soccer country like Germany should be clear.

The dude said "1991."

Allianz Arena's capacity is bigger than all but 6 NFL stadiums.

That being said, WW, you sound like a true Bavarian by now. You probably hate immigrants too. You are the Bavarian Clayton Bigsby.

Okay, all jokes aside, Bavarians are by far bearing the most burden of immigrants right now. And they're doing a fantastic job with accommodations and support. Munich turned out in the hundreds of thousands to support. Deggendorf basically turned over their entire township. Eschenbach is taking in refugees that are getting bounced back from Berlin because they don't meet the criteria.

Basically, you got the joke backwards. Bavarians in this joke would be the bleeding heart liberals who will totally ruin Germany by letting all these people in.

Top Bottom