• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Fox318

We are all cowboys this week,

#RestoreTheYeehaw!

co86kaC.jpg

That MS Laptop is WAY too expensive for me, even as an indulgence.

For that price I could build a whole new desktop complete with Raid network and buy a Chromebook with the money left over.

You like Windows phones? i love the battery life on mine, but I think it's mainly because I only use it for talking and texting. If it weren't my business phone only it would drive me crazy.

Yeah I used to have an android phone but I really like what MS has done with the OS. I love little shit like glance, and cortona is a life saver. I am sleeping very little again and I am constantly forgetting things, if not for the reminders on my phone I wouldnt be able to function at all.

About fucking time, I've been waiting to upgrade from my 920 for ages.

My icon is all fucked up, I was in the windows 10 beta but now I cant update it at all. The audio cuts out randomly as well some times. I jumped in the pool with my old phone in my pocket, and my wife got me this phone used. I really want a new phone but sadly no money this year, hopefully next year the new phones will be out on all the carriers and I will be able to get the 950 XL.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Went with a ~$1500 SP4 along with the keyboard cover. i5 + 16 GB RAM but lower on the disk space. Not worried about storage as I have plenty of external drives if I need something that's not already hosted on my home network.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
How often do you surface users use the pen and the computer in tablet mode?

Genuinely curious.

I never use the pen, i cant draw for shit and my handwriting is terrible so i take notes with the keyboard. But i probably should use the pen in photoshop for dust removal of my photos.

I use the touchscreen frequently when browsing, using it to scroll or navigate webpages. Start menu and apps etc.

eznark

Banned
Went with a ~$1500 SP4 along with the keyboard cover. i5 + 16 GB RAM but lower on the disk space. Not worried about storage as I have plenty of external drives if I need something that's not already hosted on my home network.

$1928 with keyboard cover. Pretty much what I expected to spend.

zychi

Banned
New ms laptop is cool looking, but based on MS past performance, something is going to be terribly wrong with the overpriced laptop. I'm betting it overheats or the trackpad is trash.

$2700 for the mobile gpu option is hilarious too. Is NSA's Windows 10 the only os that works on it? I think itd be better with win 7 or 8.1

My icon is all fucked up, I was in the windows 10 beta but now I cant update it at all. The audio cuts out randomly as well some times. I jumped in the pool with my old phone in my pocket, and my wife got me this phone used. I really want a new phone but sadly no money this year, hopefully next year the new phones will be out on all the carriers and I will be able to get the 950 XL.

Battery life on mine is odd now, drains really quickly every now and then and of course I've got problems with dust making the front facing camera totally useless. Hope the build quality on the 950 is better because in terms of software I really liked the phone.

Really, really tempted by that Surface Book too but I don't think I can justify buying it when I want to upgrade my phone and already have a laptop that is only a couple of years old. Looks so sexy though :(

eznark

Banned
New ms laptop is cool looking, but based on MS past performance, something is going to be terribly wrong with the overpriced laptop. I'm betting it overheats or the trackpad is trash.

$2700 for the mobile gpu option is hilarious too. Is NSA's Windows 10 the only os that works on it? I think itd be better with win 7 or 8.1

There are mobile GPU options starting at like $1500 I think.

(someone quote this for the coward)

j-wood

Here I was thinking $1,300 would be enough for the best Surface.

Honestly, that's fine. That gets you the i5, 256GB ssd, 8GB ram combo.

That's the perfect price to performance ratio. You don't really need the i7 16GB of ram except for certain scenarios. Hell, my gaming desktop only has 8GB of ram and it's a beast.

captive

not basing this on facts are you?

zychi

Banned
There are mobile GPU options starting at like $1500 I think.

(someone quote this for the coward)
Its still overpriced for a mediocre gpu. The fact they dont say exactly what in the presentation shows they know it too.

Im glad ms finally came back to desigining cool looking hardware tho. Now they and Apple can compete and we can get some cool shit after everything being stuck behind Apple hardware design since 2008.

Nor should they be. The video evidence is pretty damning, IMO. He should have been ejected for that punch. Not cool with it no matter how much I like his game and what he brings to the team.

Here's the videos:

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1245...p4?versionId=FO_9Dt6m_wKIShN.Rp32E8RYdewr1q7w

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/84E9...p4?versionId=Gw9K2hfIIexdedsHL7t1ZSWjQoIzorhF

(#13 is ODB)

eznark

Banned
Its still overpriced for a mediocre gpu. The fact they dont say exactly what in the presentation shows they know it too.

Im glad ms finally came back to desigining cool looking hardware tho. Now they and Apple can compete and we can get some cool shit after everything being stuck behind Apple hardware design since 2008.

Have they said what the GPU is?

I'm in a Muffin market, too. Though I would imagine if this is a success we'll start to see the menu expanded.
Yeah this is what I would think too, I've had this all day breakfast thing around me for months though

I think you can add egg to any burger too, some ppl might enjoy that......but I don't want that shit

Willingly giving up your privacy for Windows 10?

It's cute that you think your privacy is assured if you don't use Windows 10.

Yeah this is what I would think too, I've had this all day breakfast thing around me for months though

I think you can add egg to any burger too, some ppl might enjoy that......but I don't want that shit

I advanced the league btw, you've got a bye week so all you have to do is your scouting/game prep and ready up. Will advance it again Thursday night.

McMuffins, burritos, hot cakes and sausage, and oatmeal at the one I went to. Guessing it's different menus in regions or markets?

Some markets are muffin markets and get the McMuffin variants. Others are biscuit markets and get the biscuit variants. No clue as to what the breakdown is.

All markets get the burritos, hot cakes, etc.

So to the guys who upgraded to Windows 10, how are you liking it? Any problems?

I'm rebuilding my PC (I rarely game anymore and don't need the HD space I used to so I want to build a noiseless mini itx) and since i'm swapping motherboards I figured i'd load 10 on there.

I could not stand Windows 8 the little I used of it.

captive

Willingly giving up your privacy for Windows 10?
lmao. Quit believing FUD.

I'm rebuilding my PC (I rarely game anymore and don't need the HD space I used to so I want to build a noiseless mini itx) and since i'm swapping motherboards I figured i'd load 10 on there.

I liked windows 8.1, so take it with a grain of salt. I like it a lot, but there are a few nagging things. Outlookk 2013 and 2016 fail to give me my popup/toast for new email messages which is highly annoying if sound is off. 2013 never gave sound notifications in windows 10, 2016 does. Notification center is nice, but if i read an email in outlook it doesn't go away from notification center which is annoying.

I also use windows 10 on my media center PC, and watchESPN app is very nice for watching Monday night football.

I like it a lot more than Windows 8 (8.1), it's super fast, by PC loads in about 8 secs (with HDD), the start menu is so much better, I don't really use the tiles or marketplace though and it seems to integrate with a windows phone but I don't have one so I turned off a lot of those features.

Sometimes the start menu/cortana doesn't load properly on my laptop which needs me to reboot a couple of times. I've never had it happen to me on my desktop and I think it will be fixed with a clean install, other than that it's fine but I'm a fairly casual user. Mostly browse the internet with the occasional game.

Bread

Banned
i'm going to play my game in a minute bobby, i'll stream if anyone wants to watch some good ol fashioned Jimmy lovin.

Narag

It's probably the most pleasant windows experience I've ever had.

eznark

Banned

I love it, first month was rough with lots of patches and stuff, but now it's snappy as fuck and hardly feels any different from 7.

LJ11

Wow, Gilmore yapping, Gilmore never yaps. Gilmore's one of my favorite players in the league, regardless of whether he's a Bill. He never talks shit, goes about his business, studies right, I wish I could clone him. Must have been a lot of chirping going on during the game.

By the way, the last time a Giants WR caught a pass on the outside (against Gilmore/Darby) was with 10:44 left in the 2nd Q.

Top Bottom