• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Rosie Colvin says that the Patriots used to practice what to do for a fumble when the ball was knocked into the endzone:

I PROMISE YOU BILL BELICHECK KNOWS THAT RULE...CAUSE WE PRACTICED IT IN OUR SITUATIONAL PRACTICES... #wedabest #chesswhileyouplaycheckers

and then added

So BB proposed this year that every play be reviewable.... THIS GUY?!?!?! 😂📚📝 #wayaheadofthecurve #renamethetrophynow #partriots

#hashtag

@RapSheet
While figuring out how to proceed at defensive coordinator, the #Dolphins touched base with Jim Schwartz, who decided to stay where he is.

@RapSheet
While figuring out how to proceed at defensive coordinator, the #Dolphins touched base with Jim Schwartz, who decided to stay where he is.

@RapSheet

:JNC

eznark

Banned
@RapSheet

@RapSheet

@RapSheet

:JNC

He is already collecting a DC paycheck, plus he is getting paid by the NFL. It never made any sense to me that he would take an interim job with the Dolphins.

bionic77

People who want a MacBook Pro with a real operating system?
A MBP comes with a great OS and if you want Windows you can use that as well with boot camp.

Macs are awesome for most things. They miss some apps from Windows and suck balls for games.

The experience of my Retina iMac is perfect though and cheaper than the high end SP4. :)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL officiating consultant. Collecting the last year of his Bills paycheck.

Does he teach them how to throw flags?
At the wrong time, costing teams wins?

Jim-Schwartz-red-flag-385x270.jpg

zychi

Banned
A MBP comes with a great OS and if you want Windows you can use that as well with boot camp.

Macs are awesome for most things. They miss some apps from Windows and suck balls for games.

The experience of my Retina iMac is perfect though and cheaper than the high end SP4. :)

Both OS'es are solid. I use El Capitan at home on my roommates laptop, and I've been a Windows user since 3.1. I just don't like how blatant MS was with W10. I used it for a few weeks, and it seems solid outside of the server calls.

BigAT

Listening to Caldwell's presser now and he finally lost me. I'm done, get him out of here.

-Addressed the fumble call in his opening statement, said nothing can be done, and then said he would not discuss the call ever again. Also said he told his players not to comment on it to the media.

-Once again defends the offense, says they played well and are putting things together slowly. Jesus...

-Claims the offense wasn't in hurry up on the last drive....

Wow.

How do you possibly defend an offense that put up 3 points in a game?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Still. Being desperate enough that you go to Schwartz

and him telling you no

He's a good dc, so trying to get him makes sense.

He doesn't want to work on an interim basis, so him saying no makes sense.

Whatever you're trying to imply, makes no sense.

bionic77

Both OS'es are solid. I use El Capitan at home on my roommates laptop, and I've been a Windows user since 3.1. I just don't like how blatant MS was with W10. I used it for a few weeks, and it seems solid outside of the server calls.
Windows finally caught up with 7.

Did not love 8 and we don't have 10 in our office so I can't comment on that but I have no complaints with 7.

Still too many viruses in Windows and I am more familiar with OS X but I can't dog Windows anymore. Was dog shit and so far behind OS X before 7.

cdyhybrid

Good morning friends.

What an amazing play by Kam last night. Earl had a similar play against the Rams last year.

Thank goodness for our safeties.

Also, burn our OL.

zychi

Banned
Windows finally caught up with 7.

Did not love 8 and we don't have 10 in our office so I can't comment on that but I have no complaints with 7.

Still too many viruses in Windows and I am more familiar with OS X but I can't dog Windows anymore. Was dog shit and so far behind OS X before 7.
Apple makes the nicest hardware too.

From a consumer standpoint, Windows is easy to avoid viruses, just dont use flash, download from sketchy website and use an ad blocker.

Same things i would do on a mac. If i wasnt a pc gamer, id likely buy the next iteration of the air.

How do you possibly defend an offense that put up 3 points in a game?

Every week it's the same shit. "We did some good things but the issue is execution. So we need to keep working and fix those execution problems." Dude...you're offense scored 3 points. Your offense hasn't scored a touchdown in ages. We have one decent drive for the FG and one great drive at the end. THAT'S IT.

I'm done with this guy. I planned on giving this staff until the bye. I figured after the Cardinals beat us next weekend we'd have no choice but to fire Lombardi. Now? Clearly nothing is changing because they don't think anything is wrong.

Everyone here saw that last drive. That was CLEARLY a hurry up offense, with some no huddle mixed in. The fact that Caldwell can say it was their "regular" offense tells me he thinks we're all idiots.

Respect

Heard on the radio the other day, Fan Duel will be adding competitive gaming eventually....

So is "PWNSTAR" of "Huge PvPness" any good?

dionysus

Yaldog
I guess there must be marketing data that supports it, but saturating live sports broadcasts where it seems like 50% of commercials are for draft kings seems counterproductive. Just as likely to piss people off.

And guys, there is hope. I don't remember where I read this, maybe WSJ, but apparently these sites right now don't make money and are purely VC funded for their growth. Lets hope the business model never turns profitable.

I guess there must be marketing data that supports it, but saturating live sports broadcasts where it seems like 50% of commercials are for draft kings seems counterproductive. Just as likely to piss people off.

And guys, there is hope. I don't remember where I read this, maybe WSJ, but apparently these sites right now don't make money and are purely VC funded for their growth. Lets hope the business model never turns profitable.

That is not true. Last year fanduel made around $50 million according to Forbes. "Earlier today, FanDuel released financial information that reveals a brand new projection for $50 million in revenue in 2014. The $50 million projection is a $10 million increase above the $40 million in revenue that FanDuel, a leading daily fantasy sports operator, previously expected to receive for the year."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenh...ases-yearly-revenue-projection-to-50-million/

eznark

Banned
That is not true. Last year fanduel made around $50 million according to Forbes. "Earlier today, FanDuel released financial information that reveals a brand new projection for $50 million in revenue in 2014. The $50 million projection is a $10 million increase above the $40 million in revenue that FanDuel, a leading daily fantasy sports operator, previously expected to receive for the year."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenh...ases-yearly-revenue-projection-to-50-million/

Good, daily fantasy is rad. Especially for baseball and golf.

this_guy

That's revenue not profit. How will Draft Kong make a profit if people keep using promo codes like Cousin Fucker and get free money?

BigAT

Come on man, revenue != profit.

Hindl

Bro ever hear of amazon brah? Who gives a shit about profit on the internet as long as you got that cash flowwwwwwwwww

Amazon's whole setup is baffling to me. I was shocked when I first learned about how little they actually profited considering how ubiquitous they are

dionysus

Yaldog
Bro ever hear of amazon brah? Who gives a shit about profit on the internet as long as you got that cash flowwwwwwwwww

Yo dawg, I know what you mean but amazon generates negative cash flow too! They churn a shit load of money though and for some reason that justifies their ridiculous stock price.

I'll sell at a loss but make it up on volume is their unofficial business model.

Top Bottom